Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Barway Collins case, the father took him in the car after school, drove to the river, and duct-taped the boy. He was later found in the river. It was never disclosed, IIRC, if the boy died from drowning or something else.

I can't shake that case from my mind as I follow this one.

jmo

I'm gonna have to check that out. I never heard of that case. Was it recently or in the 00's?

I am racking my brain on LS's excuse as to Gannon missing. He said he was going to a unknown friends house a few blocks away, then the google search on his phone made LE think he ran away. For her best defense wouldn't he need to be located closer to home than an hour or 2 away? To make this plausible for her, he would have to be closer to the home then far away. IMO

Sadly, I believe the case is unfolding exactly as many of us fear: LS put Gannon in her truck, drove off and returned 4 hours later without him. She then lied to LE and said he went to play with a friend around 3 or 4 that same day. She gave an interview that clearly showed her lack of concern or empathy for Gannon and referred to him in the past tense. IMO she knows he's dead so we conclude that she caused his death.

LS is trying to convince us that 1 + 1 = 3. We know our math better than she thinks. MOO.
Yes, and this quote keeps coming into my mind since KB's thread, "If it doesn't add up, truth was never a part of the equation." This is truth.

I have learned to try and save my judgement until more evidence comes to light but damn if the sm doesn't look sketchy. Her use of past tense in her interviews, withholding info regarding events from that day, and leaving her residence, all give a "guilty" appearance. I have not seen any of her friends defend her either. Has anyone seen or know of someone defending her character?

At this point the biggest three facts are her leaving the house the day of the disappearance WITH Gannon at @10:00 am, then returning home WITHOUT him around 2:20 pm and no other footage of Gannon after he left the home that morning.

I am racking my brain on LS's excuse as to Gannon missing. He said he was going to a unknown friends house a few blocks away, then the google search on his phone made LE think he ran away. For her best defense wouldn't he need to be located closer to home than an hour or 2 away? To make this plausible for her, he would have to be closer to the home then far away. IMO
I’m thinking that she had to come up with an excuse for where he was before his sister or sisters started asking and before it got too dark so she maybe didn’t think it through. And she probably thought that if and when he was found that everyone would think he had been kidnapped on his way to this fictional friend’s house. JMO

Dbm duplicate
She needs to ask herself does she want to cooperate,and get less time, of does she want to play hardball and go for life plus 156 years.
MOO

She is calculating the evidence.
Here’s one of the search and rescue pups helping law enforcement in the search for missing 11-year-old #GannonStauch. He’s been missing for 10 days now. #FindGannon @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco on Twitter

What a good old dog.
Thanks for the picture.
If somebody has to find him, maybe friendly lab is best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless she is hoping a storyline such as he was abducted on his way home from the friend's house, which would explain why he isn't close to home.

jmo

Yes that is a very good thing that Dan May is involved. First learned about him in the Patrick Frazee case and DA Dan was very impressive. One of the best. I feel better knowing he is involved.

I thought I recognized some of the geographical locations being mentioned here, and it just dawned on me how close this case is to the PF case events.
BBM:

Thank you for giving me the perfect opening!

It occurs to me that there are probably many, many posters here who are unfamiliar with District Attorney Dan May.

In fact, a lot of people here are probably asking themselves, "Who is this May guy, and why is everyone so ecstatic to see him involved in this case?"

By way of introduction, here is DA May speaking at a press conference after the sentencing hearing for PF's moronic killer:

Watching the video, you come to appreciate the fact that DA May is not just a brilliant prosecutor.

He's a man of integrity.

The Kelsey case exacted a huge emotional toll on him and his prosecution team.

I feel badly that he and his prosecutors are likely going to be dealing with yet another emotionally draining case here.

JMO.

She was gone a long time. What was she doing that whole time?
It would be interesting to know if she left again in the truck after 3 on Monday. IMO
Let's backtrack a second.

Thinking about the HB case and her baby. Most of us were certain on the whodunit and were completely wrong.

Is there a theory under which her story COULD check out?

Not likely, not defending, just asking...

He's home sick, she has errands to run, she takes him along.... she leaves him somewhere TO walk home.... expecting he WILL. To learn some lesson. When he doesn't get home, she might realize she can't tell people she ditched him....

A mile from home quickly becomes two miles, after a mile in the wrong direction.

I have been playing with this idea too. Maybe she left him in the car while she was doing something and he disappeared. He could have had an accident, or fell in a sewer or got hurt in one of the building sites near or at the subdivision they are living. Maybe she thinks, noon or 3 pm, is not that big of a difference and it keeps her out of trouble. JMO
I know everything points to her guilt (her demeanor, topping the list), I just want to make sure I'm looking at this without prejudice.

Is there ANYTHING to support her story?

JMOJMOJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members