Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“With the help of our partners at Parks and Wildlife, we are using a submersible remotely operated vehicle with sonar to search undisclosed areas of water. We are not utilizing divers at this time. #FindGannon” (BBM)
View attachment 230378
2:41 PM · Feb 6, 2020 (local/MST)
EPCSheriff on Twitter

Very telling. SAR canines can detect cadaver scent submerged in water. I don't like the way this is going. It appears to me that we may be getting close.

BBM
Or a drugged/injured child in a remote area to freeze to death.

JMO

A big possibility! Might be why she called 911 to report him as a runaway and why she said that "he's gonna come home and when he does, that he'll be able to truly tell what really happened." She was probably thinking "He might come home, he might not come home, but if he doesn't come home, it'll tie into my runaway story"

I’m not on Social Media but I’ve been following this case here on WS. I haven’t read all the threads yet regarding this case and my apologies if this has already been asked/discussed, but does anyone think TS possibly could have sold Gannon (Gosh I don’t like typing that, at all!). It sounds far fetched I know and it isn’t usually how these cases of missing kids turn out, but where TS claims he ran away and insisted in her interview that Gannon isn’t dead, maybe because she really does know he isn’t dead if she had pre-arranged something and drove him somewhere in that 4 hour timeframe on Monday to hand him off to someone(s)??? Gosh I don’t know, just trying to think of scenarios of what could’ve happened to poor Gannon. Some people are capable of such evil and nothing would surprise me anymore. I really hope they do find Gannon and bring him home, my heart just breaks for his Mom and Dad.

Ask yourself if this happens a lot if ever.

<modsnip: removed reference to social media rumor re candle>
I do not believe Gannon was ill. I do not believe much of anything LS has said. For those who are running with the poisoned/incapacitated/abused and left for dead theories, ask yourself this: would a woman capable of her tv interview really NOT be capable of killing a child? We plug in softer theories because contemplating the kind of premeditated violence I think she committed is hard on our psyche but I have no doubt she did so. For those who are lamenting the wait, remember that Dylan Redwine was killed before he was even reported missing (as are the majority, I think). It took seven months of searching to find any trace of him in the CO winter (bless those HRD dogs) and multiple years before an arrest was made. BTW, his father is still in prison awaiting trial. Here i see a sonar searching the reservoir in under two weeks and I feel confident we will know what happened to Gannon much more quickly. This LE and community are 100% involved. Gives me hope for justice, if not for Gannon.

Last edited by a moderator:
If she is: “We don’t believe you; no one believes you. You aren’t as smart as you think you are, and your days as a free woman are numbered. Enjoy it while you can, because your life as you know it is about to come to a screeching halt. Karma’s a *****.”
She needs to ask herself does she want to cooperate,and get less time, of does she want to play hardball and go for life plus 156 years.
MOO

She needs to ask herself does she want to cooperate,and get less time, of does she want to play hardball and go for life plus 156 years.
MOO
I think she has to be left hopeless first. That will only come when she sees the evidence they have on her.

I don’t think they’re there yet, but will be in due course.

You’re right. It’s hard to fathom and I’m scrounging for any other answer.
<modsnip: removed reference to social media rumor re candle>
I do not believe Gannon was ill. I do not believe much of anything LS has said. For those who are running with the poisoned/incapacitated/abused and left for dead theories, ask yourself this: would a woman capable of her tv interview really NOT be capable of killing a child? We plug in softer theories because contemplating the kind of premeditated violence I think she committed is hard on our psyche but I have no doubt she did so.

Last edited by a moderator:
E
Sorry, I keep throwing random bits in here as they come to me...

I just wanted to add that this whole situation feels pretty calculated to me, so wherever he is, it was a pre-planned spot. I’m thinking the hikes may have been a way for her to check out certain locations and plan without seeming suspicious. I wonder if hiking was something they did often? It’s kind of chilly and the kids seem kind of young to just head out on a hike... but that’s just me. I also think in sudden accidents where people panic (say an unexpected injury), it is much harder for them to “act normal” and play things off. If they have played the scenario out in their heads for some time, they’re mentally ready. The backwards interview was weird & doesn’t quite fit for me, but being kicked out of the house was probably unexpected and led to some deviation from the “plan.”

I am also curious about the prescription that was apparently called in for the stomach issue? That would have been Monday morning, yes? Was it filled? Perhaps that’s where they drove off to? I’m also wondering about potential side effects of whatever it was... drowsiness?
If that even happened at all,or if it's just part of the story.

Very telling. SAR canines can detect cadaver scent submerged in water. I don't like the way this is going. It appears to me that we may be getting close.
This is not the outcome I am hoping for. This is actually my first case I have followed on the site. Everyone here that has endured other cases like this are true heroes. Still coming back and helping is an act of sincere kindness. I hope you all know that I have great respect for you all.

"A neighbor of an 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who went missing more than a week ago said his home surveillance video contradicts a story told by a family member about the last time the boy was seen....
A neighbor, 49-year-old Roderrick Drayton, said his home surveillance video showed a female relative and Gannon get into a truck that Monday morning. When the woman returned home about four hours later, only she got out of the truck and went inside, Drayton told The Denver Post in a Tuesday interview."

Neighbor of missing 11-year-old Colorado boy says surveillance video shows boy leave home with female relative

This interview reflects the black & white video stills shown in the background, the ones I screenshot BEFORE the day video was released by ABC. In watching the segment again, I did notice something I had not seen before, they also showed a brief blurred out snippet of the day video. Even so, and of course I could be entirely off base, as msm may indeed have followed the wishes of LE, IMO something was happening in the background stills DR was showing to the reporter while on camera, but could be irrelevant. IDK
It’s the video below the headlining video
El Paso County Sheriff’s Office gets new evidence in search for missing 11-year-old boy

I'm confused I thought she said the water was frozen over and they couldn't do that. I might have to go back and listen to that again, the pressure that just happened. The one that wasn't done by Kirby
I was so confused about them saying divers that I missed this part in the story :
In response to requests from the El Paso sheriff’s office, deputies from Fremont and Douglas counties have sent out search and rescue teams to look for Gannon in certain areas based on tips, Mynatt said.

IF this interview was just this past Tuesday February 4 - then I'm pretty convinced the leak was intentional and LE has not shut him down from doing further interviews IMO. I could be wrong - but I think they don't mind this continued attention he gathers when he grants an interview
JMO

and the update about water ... sigh... I've thought this was a possibility ..IMO
Why would LE intentionally leak information about important evidence, though?
I would think it would only benefit the suspect.

Does anyone know if they have done this in other cases and for what reason?

Just curious because several people have suggested the leak was intentional.

I know someone said it may have been to scare the stepmother or send her a message but I would think it would make her want to run or at least give her time to come up with a story.

Imo

Last edited:
I do not see how a confession at this point would result in less prison time, unless it can somehow be proved that Gannon died of natural causes or an accident. And that seems unlikely, imo. I don’t see why she would confess, at least not unless it became a way out of a death penalty if CO still uses it, but that is a long, long time away...he would have to be found first...jmo.

If, and I do believe sm disappeared Gannon, it's my desire that when she is sentenced all the heartbreak and stress of the searchers, expensive resources used and everything else that wouldn't have been necessary if she had fessed up, is taken into consideration and added to her life sentence! Her and those of her kind need the whole book thrown at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen