Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO some random thoughts I had this morning:
LE sticks by the statement that he was last seen Monday afternoon by the SM. Taking the video into account, I am sure they have verified if there was ever a sighting of him at a doctors appt earlier in the day. I have not seen any comment on that from LE.

If that is GS on the video clip, and it has not been 100% confirmed by LE that it is, then that would be the last sighting of him outside of the SM claim unless he was seen by a doctor or other person.

If I apply Occam’s razor, the most logical scenario is one where he was left somewhere, either out of malice or neglect. At this point, maybe it is possible SM has told LE all she knows and they are trying to find his path after being left to figure out where he went and what happened to him.

There may be a history of abuse or neglect towards GD in the house that AS was aware of and that could be why SM was kicked out so fast along with a minor child, her daughter who is 17. That is an odd part to me - maybe the history involves more than one person in the household. This can happen for years without CPS ever knowing. So, to close off my thoughts for now, here are a few outcomes I could imagine.
  • He’s alive and really scared and hiding - this one is doubtful to me, but I want it to be true
  • He’s lost to the elements somewhere in the wild of Colorado after being abandoned in a remote area
  • He succumbed to an accident or injury after being abandoned
  • He truly did run away from SM that day and met with something nefarious
These are completely my own thoughts and opinions and much of this has been mentioned up thread but it was helpful for me to put it down in writing. I am really sad about this case. Some just hit us harder than others. MOO

I don't imagine LE is expecting voluntary cooperation or tip-sharing from TS. I believe they're appealing to someone else, someone who does have a heart but is in a terrible situation.

JMO
Gotcha.
Longshot for them, but she should be intelligent enough to hear it, she has a career to think about. She'll know right from wrong.

Snow bands will continue falling from Fremont County east through Pueblo and Otero counties in the early morning hours, with additional snow bands likely to develop later this morning in El Paso County and areas north of Highway 50. The second band of snow in and around El Paso County will have the potential to drop another 2 to 5 inches of snow through the early afternoon.
Cold with more snow possible this morning through the early afternoon

See...in my mind if he were sick and medicated she wouldn't back the truck up in the driveway to get him in. I've had sick kids at home and if needed to run an errand we would all walk out to car. Even on Benedryl or NyQuil or whatever, they could walk out to car. WOuld have to be really really ill or injured (like I back car up to get close for my 70-something mom who had double knee replacement). And if super ill or injured 11 year old, they'd be going directly to hospital and she did not. And he walked to car on his own. I really don't think this was a case of a kid with flu or other normal kid illness being left in car while step mom ran errands. Could be kid with head injury, or other bodily harm, being left in car. And I get the feeling the backing truck up to garage was more for obscuring what was going on than helping a kid who was siick.
All just my opinion.
I think the truck backed up to the garage was a deliberate attempt to hide Gannon from view of anyone on the street and cameras.

Maybe she went out to see a boyfriend Monday. Maybe GS was made to wait in car or was dropped off somewhere else (store, park) until she was done but when she went back to get him he was not there. She’d have to come up with a cover story without exposing affair.
Why is he still being listed as missing endangered?
Why does LE have an area to search?
Maybe she fessed up to affair and negligence after Tuesday night and this is why AS kicked her out?
Maybe this is why there is no POI ?
Maybe when she returned to truck or place she left him he was not alive for some reason?
Maybe he is still in truck when she returns home on video then she leaves again later to dispose of body but we haven’t seen later videos? Scratch this last one- I think if he was deceased in truck they would of made an arrest already...same goes for house. They would know by now.
This is plausible. But why wouldn't she just leave him home in bed sick. Say she needed to run errands like Petsmart and then grocery to get him meds, chicken soup, popsicles and sprite or something? Go out and see her boyfriend and return to give DS lunch.

T
If TS/LS is a hardcore narcissist, the pleas from family won’t work. They lack the ability to empathize or feel bad for their actions. I know this because I was raised by one. You would think a mom would have a heart or a conscience, but you would be shocked at how damn evil and empty some humans who roam this earth are. TS/LS has one goal in mind and that is to protect her image at all costs. Never admit her wrong doings and always come out on top or at least the victim. I’m assuming all of this and it is all just my opinion based on being raised by a narcissist.
True. My ex is a narcissist. They are terrifyingly cold.

Curious. I wonder how often TS drove AS's truck when he was away. Neighborhood cameras would show that. Would be quite interesting if that day was the one and only....

JMO

This. Sudden changes in routine behavior tells investigators a lot. Let's say she usually is on her phone during the day. Then suddenly there is nothing for 4 hours. That shows an attempt to hide her actions. While this won't help find Gannon, it is helpful to paint a picture at trial.

I think the truck backed up to the garage was a deliberate attempt to hide Gannon from view of anyone on the street and cameras.
It could be (amongst other possibilities) that
1) she backed in because she had to turn around anyway
2) she didn't want anyone to notice how poorly he was walking (if he was, I don't know that I see that) or as you say, hide from cameras, but then why didn't he get in the other side, that would have put him between 2 vehicles, hidden even better.
3) she needed to put something in the back
4) she didn't want to stay parked in the street and have doors open with even the little traffic they had there, (we did see a vehicle go by)
5) As to why she backed in when returning, I always back into my driveway as I can see better when pulling out (kids on scooters, pets) and usually have something to lift like dog food bags into the garage, but then I am used to driving a stick shift (is it verified that it was stick)? and can drive a few yards backwards without seeming to be taking my first practice driving lessons.

I saw that Gannon has a little sister on tv the other night, there is a YouTube video of Gannon's parents and sister.

Where did the sister live?

The Mom is begging for someone to return Gannon. This was yesterday. Haven't they already figured out that this isn't going to happen? The Dad looks checked out. He knows Gannon isn't coming home.

The little sister was quite upset, not sure that having her on this video was the world's greatest idea.

Gannon Stauch's Family Pleads For His Safe Return: 'Not Giving Up Hope'

I bet little sister has a lot of info about what went on behind dad's back.

Maybe she went out to see a boyfriend Monday. Maybe GS was made to wait in car or was dropped off somewhere else (store, park) until she was done but when she went back to get him he was not there. She’d have to come up with a cover story without exposing affair.
Why is he still being listed as missing endangered?
Why does LE have an area to search?
Maybe she fessed up to affair and negligence after Tuesday night and this is why AS kicked her out?
Maybe this is why there is no POI ?
Maybe when she returned to truck or place she left him he was not alive for some reason?
Maybe he is still in truck when she returns home on video then she leaves again later to dispose of body but we haven’t seen later videos? Scratch this last one- I think if he was deceased in truck they would of made an arrest already...same goes for house. They would know by now.

What else would they call Gannon? He is endangered and missing.

LE always prefer to find a body before pressing charges. Sometimes no body case charges aren't filed for years if ever.

my impression is that they seem more like friends than mother and daughter
It seems that the 17 year old has a lot to lose, if she loses her mother. She has no father now and would have no where to live unless she is close to her NC relatives. In any case, she is just 17 and losing her mother and her home may keep her quiet as to what she knows. I wonder if her mother's lawyer is defending them both.

Very good point. Also, it may have seemed odd to AS that GS would even text him when he is out of town to ask if he could go to a neighbor friends home to play. I would think if there is another adult home it would be easiest to just verbally ask the adult that is present and in charge. If this message truly was sent to dad it looks like LS is making sure there is electronic evidence to support her story of him going to a friends home since it looks like GS never returned home to send that text later in the day. JMO
Oh, I imagine that’s one of the first things LE asked AS - “Is it normal for Gannon to text you for permission when you are out of town and step-mom is home?”

I saw that Gannon has a little sister on tv the other night, there is a YouTube video of Gannon's parents and sister.

Where did the sister live?

The Mom is begging for someone to return Gannon. This was yesterday. Haven't they already figured out that this isn't going to happen? The Dad looks checked out. He knows Gannon isn't coming home.

The little sister was quite upset, not sure that having her on this video was the world's greatest idea.

Gannon Stauch's Family Pleads For His Safe Return: 'Not Giving Up Hope'
A mom isn’t going to stop hoping her son is alive this early in the game without a body showing otherwise.

This is plausible. But why wouldn't she just leave him home in bed sick. Say she needed to run errands like Petsmart and then grocery to get him meds, chicken soup, popsicles and sprite or something? Go out and see her boyfriend and return to give DS lunch.
Plus if she fessed up to being at a boyfriend's and leaving GS in car or at park or something then LE would have updated the last place seen. And they haven't.

This is sad. There must be many many spaces to hide a body or simply a secluded space to seek shelter from the elements. This... This is reality:
upload_2020-2-7_8-57-23.jpeg
Firefighters found the body after crawling close to 100 feet into the pipe. “We would have to wear self-contained breathing apparatus because we don’t know what kind of gases are in there,” said Colorado Springs Fire Marshal, Brett Lacey. It is not only gas from the fire causing concern. “Just normal decomposition of organic material can create large pockets of methane gas," said Lacey.

The man found dead was likely homeless. The coroner will determine if he died from gas in the drainage system or another cause.
Body found after fire in Colorado Springs storm pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member