Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“SEARCH FOR #GannonStauch: @EPCSheriff tells me their own deputies are out searching areas for Gannon. Large group efforts (Search&Rescue, National Guard, EPCSO Mounted patrol) have been suspended for the time being. THANK YOU, deputies for searching in this weather. @KKTV11News
View attachment 230572
10:26 AM · Feb 7, 2020 (local/MST)
Ashley Franco on Twitter
It snowed last night. It's currently snowing, and is supposed to snow more throughout the afternoon. It could possibly be a safety precaution with not wanting civilian volunteers to get stuck out in inclement weather.

What are you basing this on? Boys get trafficked. You may be thinking of the cliche idea that only young runaway females are trafficked or taken and then used in the sex trade world. That I disagree with you on. I don't want to go off topic here so we can agree to disagree.

You're misinterpreting. They're not saying it's only females, they're saying it happens in an different way, different types of people (demographics and victimology). Human trafficking isn't abduction generally, at least not here in the US. It's vulnerable members of society, who are befriended, trust obtained, then extorte/defrauded into enslavement/sex trade. That's a very simplistic explanation, but it's the basics. The goal is compliance.

This comes up in pretty much every single missing case here. Of course we all know it's real, but I wonder if there are any stats out there showing percentages of how often a missing person is actually the victim of human trafficking. Also curious which cases here on WS where it was proven factual that the children were abducted by traffickers?

I don't know about the former, but the latter is pretty likely zero is my guess.

Last edited:
When our five children were growing up if they asked to go to a friend's house we always knew specifically which friend, where they lived, their phone number, and we had already met their parents.

Just saying a unnamed friend wouldn't cut it. They never asked to go to a friend's home without telling us the names of their friends. They also knew we wouldn't let them go to a friend's home we did not know nor had never met..including never meeting their parent or parents before.

Jmho
Absolutely! The family's lived there for what, around two years? Surely LS knew who Gannon's friends were, especially those close enough to walk over to play. Eleven year old kids don't usually say "I'm going to a friend's house," they name a name.

LS's story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. And I bet AS has suspicions too. LE? They probably smelled it from hour one. MOO.

I saw that Gannon has a little sister on tv the other night, there is a YouTube video of Gannon's parents and sister.

Where did the sister live?

The Mom is begging for someone to return Gannon. This was yesterday. Haven't they already figured out that this isn't going to happen? The Dad looks checked out. He knows Gannon isn't coming home.

The little sister was quite upset, not sure that having her on this video was the world's greatest idea.

Gannon Stauch's Family Pleads For His Safe Return: 'Not Giving Up Hope'
It’s in a parent’s DNA to hold hope. Particularly for the missing child. And they want him home no matter WHAT the terms. The Elvis family went through this too. The Christmas tree and unwrapped gifts stayed up. They prayed and hoped. You don’t stop parenting. People this hasn’t happened to, don’t understand these behaviors.

I don’t judge them for having their daughter with them when they spoke as a family. I DO judge, and harshly, anyone who would publicly and callously display her resentment for a missing child (that she caused to go missing), then drags her coached daughter over to boost her collapsing alibi.

What are you basing this on? Boys get trafficked. You may be thinking of the cliche idea that only young runaway females are trafficked or taken and then used in the sex trade world. That I disagree with you on. I don't want to go off topic here so we can agree to disagree.

We can disagree to disagree. In fact I would love it wasn't discussed at all. It is brought up in every child case and rarely applies. Especially white kids from the burbs. Again different demographics and victimology.

“SEARCH FOR #GannonStauch: @EPCSheriff tells me their own deputies are out searching areas for Gannon. Large group efforts (Search&Rescue, National Guard, EPCSO Mounted patrol) have been suspended for the time being. THANK YOU, deputies for searching in this weather. @KKTV11News
View attachment 230572
10:26 AM · Feb 7, 2020 (local/MST)
Ashley Franco on Twitter
So thankful our EPCSO to be out there in this, continuing the search for GS. It's rough out there today. Snow is getting decently deep in my yard. We see cars sliding out in front of our house. Praying for safety for them and answers today. Gannon, where are you, little guy? :(

True. Although I think the most important part of that was building the narrative.

He was home, he was alive, and he went out to play.

Then of course, “he ran away.”
This makes me wonder about something. Was it ever confirmed that dad did give him permission to go to friend’s house? I remember hearing about the text, but can’t remember if I heard dad’s response.

I guess I’m just wondering, because if dad said “no” then this (along with google search) would have contributed, incidentally, to the “runaway” narrative.

Last edited:
“Our search for Gannon continues today with our concentrated smaller groups based on leads. Large group efforts have been suspended for the time being. #GannonStauch #FindGannon If you have factual information : 719-520-6666 or email Tips@elpasoco.com

10:51 AM · Feb 7, 2020 (local/MST)
EPCSheriff on Twitter
If anyone one who knows anything and has one shred of decency, honor, duty, and trust, they will call, email. Whatever has to be done to find Ganno n,and bring him home. Let that moment be now.

my impression is that they seem more like friends than mother and daughter
This is typical in narcissism. It promotes the loyalty of the child. BFF’s stand together and have each other’s back. It’s an insidious dynamic set up by the parent. Designating one child as The Golden Child is also common. That child is praised for being beautiful, talented, having successes, etc., all to shine light on the narcissistic parent.

I DO judge, and harshly, anyone who would publicly and callously display her resentment for a missing child (that she caused to go missing), then drags her coached daughter over to boost her collapsing alibi.
Snipped.

ITA.

We're strangers here on WS, and we've displayed more concern and anguish about a missing boy we don't even know than someone who took care of him.

That TV interview was downright strange. Very defensive and aggressive at the same time.

Someone mentioned Munchausen by proxy (MBP) on the previous thread, but I don't think that fits in this case. MBP perps are usually likable - that's how they get away with their abuse. They look like heroes and martyrs and they thrive on that positive image. Step-mom in this case has rubbed everyone the wrong way - and has even been kicked out of her own house.

She does seem like someone who put on a false front - giving one impression to the world of dutifully raising her step-son, but who behaves very differently behind closed doors, imo. And I think the ability to keep up with the two-faced life came crumbling down on Sunday-Monday.

Justmyopinion

jmo

IMO I have rewatched the press conference the parents did and video with the sister. Something made me study the Father's body language closely. I know he is a victim. I don't think he is involved. But, I think in his heart he knows what happened. He does not have the same strength and hope that the mom displays. He shakes his head when he talks about Gannon coming home safe. He keeps his head down. He looks defeated and destroyed. Based on the dynamic that was present in the home with TS, he may know in his heart what the outcome will be. What he has observed in the past, may not allow him to have the same hope that Gannon's mom has. Very sad for both parents & his sweet little sister.
If memory serves me, Kyron Hormon’s father had very similar body language.

Now, why Gannon couldn't walk to the street and get in the truck is the bigger question, of course.

RSBM

Entirely speculation:
If Gannon was injured in some way and unable to walk very quickly, it makes sense that TS would back the truck into the driveway to make it a shorter walking distance for him so that neighbors and passersby wouldn't see him. Too bad she didn't consider the one neighbor's surveillance cam.

That makes me think about how we were wondering why in the world she moved the truck to the driveway just before Gannon got in the backseat on the video.
If she drove the truck to the Sunday hike, both kids (Gannon and his little sister) would have been in the backseat. Maybe since both kids would be opening their doors, she parked on the street so whichever kid was on the same side as the other car in the relatively small driveway (her car?) wouldn't open their truck door and ding the car.
Now, why Gannon couldn't walk to the street and get in the truck is the bigger question, of course.
I think she backed in to avoid the camera that is on her porch that can probably view the street but it seems the driveway would be blocked out of its view.

Lurker, but finally made a profile because I live in Colorado Springs. . Have been reading through all the pages of remarks. Noticed people asking about (1) driveable terrain with drop-off, and (2) possibility of hiking in broad daylight without being noticed. The answer is yes, definitely to both. I have often went driving AND hiking with my husband at this time of year where we were the only people on the road/trails.
Welcome to WS @SalMAnder :)

Snipped.

ITA.

We're strangers here on WS, and we've displayed more concern and anguish about a missing boy we don't even know than someone who took care of him.

That TV interview was downright strange. Very defensive and aggressive at the same time.

Someone mentioned Munchausen by proxy (MBP) on the previous thread, but I don't think that fits in this case. MBP perps are usually likable - that's how they get away with their abuse. They look like heroes and martyrs and they thrive on that positive image. Step-mom in this case has rubbed everyone the wrong way - and has even been kicked out of her own house.

She does seem like someone who put on a false front - giving one impression to the world of dutifully raising her step-son, but who behaves very differently behind closed doors, imo. And I think the ability to keep up with the two-faced life came crumbling down on Sunday-Monday.

Justmyopinion

jmo
Boom. And a Munchausen by Proxy would have a history of being a helicopter mommy who was showing up at doctors offices and hospitals with a child who had a history of persistent ailments. She would not be telling a runaway story in a case where a child suddenly disappeared.

Kate Singh
11 mins ago
“COLORADO SPRINGS — A wintry blast brought a fresh layer of snow over Colorado Springs and surrounding areas overnight into Friday.

Still, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has committed to tracking down 11-year-old Gannon Stauch, who was reported missing from his Fountain-area home on January 27.

[SBM]

As of 10:30 a.m. Friday morning, some neighborhoods were nearing three inches of snow in the Fountain area, and an additional one to two inches was projected through the early afternoon.

The Sheriff’s Office said small groups will conduct searches during the day in various areas, based on leads.

Gannon Stauch was reported missing from his home on Mandan Drive by his stepmother, Letecia Stauch, when she said, he hadn’t returned home after walking to a friend’s house.

[SBM]

On several occasions this week, the mobile crime unit has been spotted at the Stauch family home.

‘They are collecting different pieces,’ [Sergeant Deborah] Mynatt, [a spokesperson for the EPC Sheriff’s Office,] said Wednesday. ‘It’s a big, large puzzle and we’re trying to get all those pieces together,’ she said.

At this point, no suspects have been named in this case, and it is not being called a criminal investigation.

[SBM]”
Search for Gannon: Investigators working in snowy conditions on Day 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members