Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself feeling heartbroken with the steps being taken already to scale back the searches, and only work on “targeted searches based on tips and leads”. We’re only 10 days in. It feels too soon. I want to believe it’s because they have information which leads them to target one area, but the language doesn’t seem to point me in that direction.

I remember how much momentum the CA case had, Then searches were scaled back, then it got quiet, and then died down to nothing until forever after when she was found by the utility worker. I followed that case so closely, and it was heart-wrenching to watch the way it ended, but at least she was found and brought home to her family.

I want so much for GS to be brought home soon. So many people have actually been found by family/informal searches-I can’t remember the name, but a girl who was actually in an auto accident and her family found her while doing their own search, and woman and child found by family, but had already passed, etc...I have so much hope for this case, but hearing the searches have already been scaled back does make my heart sink.

Piggybacking off your post - in the CA case, look how close she was found to home, as in so many others. I think Gannon, if not a victim of human trafficking, will be found close to home. I wish everything going to the dump had been checked starting Tuesday a.m., though.

A child goes missing under your watch. Everybody with 1/2 a brain knows the heat is coming on you. And your the last one to have seen the child. And you gave permission to walk somewhere and you say you don't now where. You tell what happened to police. Your story is released or you release it. A " runnaway search phone trace by parents" is found by you on childs phone. A video emerges from a camera you probably should have known was there. It contradicts your voluntary statement. ......I see no explanation except a phsycotic mind brought on by mental illness, drugs or booze. None. Zero... Unless events described are not true ......but MSM says they are.......are they? IMO

My son suffered at the hands of his step mum, who was his Dad's girlfriend at the

Sadly this hits close to home for me too, although luckily my son is still very much alive and well.
My ex husband met someone, his now wife who had 2 children of her own. My ex and I have four children together. They moved in very quickly and within 15 months had a child of their own. Our children live with me and go to their Dad's at weekends. When my youngest was about 3 he started becoming anxious about going at weekends. He became more clingy, would hide behind the door when it was time to leave, scream and physically hold onto the door frame. We though it was seperation anxiety and tried different tactics to help him.
The situation worsened over time and we would go through periods where he wouldn't stay at all as he was too distressed. I must add he also had a severe speech delay until the age of 4 so couldn't verbalise his feelings too well.
The periods when he would stay there he began to refuse to eat, was wetting himself, refused to speak and began self harming.
I was beside myself trying to figure out what was going on, speaking to professionals to get advice, refusing to send him ( but getting immense pressure from my ex at times)

I began to suspect it was the girlfriend he had a big problem with and spoke to ex who refused to believe it. It came to a head one Christmas when he got so distressed about going for the weekend he refused even though he knew it meant getting no Christmas presents from them. He then broke down and told me things she had done to him and the threats ( which terrified him the most)
I rang social services and reported it. They did an investigation, but handled it appallingly. It was dropped due to lack of evidence, but the damage it did to our family affects us even now. My other children think she is wonderful and were very angry at myself and my son. My ex called my son a liar in front of his siblings ( he was 5 at the time) and refused to see him or speak to him. He then married her 6 months later!
Only now several years later, has my ex and son started to repair their relationship, he sees him 2 hours every other weekend. We still have many issues to work through, my son is horribly traumatized, not only from the abuse, but not being believed by so many and the rejection from his father and many family members.
Sometimes I questioned if I did the right thing reporting it (when it felt like my other children hated me and I was losing them) but cases like these remind me why I did. And I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. He no longer has any contact with her and feels safe. I wish I had done things differently and seen what was happening but sometimes when you are in the middle of it, it's confusing and messy. She had me fooled many times. But the truth as we all know is monsters don't look like monsters.

My heart breaks for this precious boy and his family. I can't bear to think what may have happened to him. I pray he is found soon and justice will be served.

This is absolutely heartbreaking,I am so sorry for you and your little boy,and for your other children too who must have felt so torn. I cant imagine anyone being so cruel as to not only cause so much harm to a 3 year old that leaves him terrified,but to also alienate him from his siblings too.
I am sorry but I dont have anything nice to say about your ex,so I wont say anything at all :(:(

We have a verified computer expert on WS - can’t think of the name - but they have said before deleted doesn’t really mean deleted so if they had a ring camera with storage and there is important video of Sunday and Monday -let’s hope it can be retrieved
JMO
I know the "deleted isn't really deleted" rule of thumb, so let's just hope it holds true in this case as well. I have no doubt, their ring.com account info has already been gone through by the investigators.

I know the "deleted isn't really deleted" rule of thumb, so let's just hope it holds true in this case as well. I have no doubt, their ring.com account info has already been gone through by the investigators.
As far as films, the police likely collected everything they could to see if anyone caught the truck driving by to establish travel route. Hoping she was caught on a few cameras

I think that IF she set up to meet someone and give Gannon to some bad guy, there would be a ton of evidence on her phone or computer. I mean, where do you find a bad guy? I have no idea how I would go about finding contact in this manner.

I personally am of the theory that Gannon was hurt by her on Sunday and the injuries were too grave or deteriorated and she was trying to cover it up by disposing of him. There is public info out there about her criminal record which includes assaults back home in NC so it is not out of reach for me to consider that she may have assaulted Gannon.

however I know what you mean, because she is very certain that “Gannon is NOT dead, he is GONNA come back”.
I hadn’t heard about previous record or assaults by stepmom. What were assaults about? (Sorry but I haven’t been able to catch up today.). Thank you in advance.

IMO everything on the flyer including the photo was taken from TS social media by someone (not her) thinking they were going to help get the word out, but they didn’t really believe that he missed school due to being sick. Hence, the quotation marks. Someone who thought they were helping IMO. No reputable media source has used it but it spread like wildfire across FB and vlogs. IMO they like that photo because most of them are insisting TS never went to GOG on Sunday and the pic was from an earlier date. It fuels their theories. That is why in her interview the first thing she wanted to “clear up” was the Sunday hike. JMO she only did the interview to address what she was calling “internet rumors”, not help find GS. IMO
JMO MOO

So...the selfie photo was taken on Sunday at GOG and uploaded onto Instagram or Twitter (not FB) by Tuesday or so, so that a friend could discover this recent pic of Gannon and put it into a Missing Person poster. I can see how that person would think they were helping (although it seems to me that unless they were poring over LS's social media, it's still a bit of a coincidence.

Do social media types sometimes put automatic uploads to Instagram? I figure they do, but would like to know more about how that works.

IMO everything on the flyer including the photo was taken from TS social media by someone (not her) thinking they were going to help get the word out, but they didn’t really believe that he missed school due to being sick. Hence, the quotation marks. Someone who thought they were helping IMO. No reputable media source has used it but it spread like wildfire across FB and vlogs. IMO they like that photo because most of them are insisting TS never went to GOG on Sunday and the pic was from an earlier date. It fuels their theories. That is why in her interview the first thing she wanted to “clear up” was the Sunday hike. JMO she only did the interview to address what she was calling “internet rumors”, not help find GS. IMO
JMO MOO

If the pic used for the flyer was in fact not taken the day prior, at the reported hike at the GoTG, the forensic investigators that work their magic on digital information would be able to detect that almost immediately. Assuming of course, they had her phone to go through.

I felt like the video interview was strategically fantastic. I feel like it was done on the fly, perhaps grabbing the interview while SM was willing. (i.e. SM makes contact to give her side of things, as she's feeling really wronged, and reporter jumps on it fast). So it was a little rough. I feel like her back being turned was her choice. I feel like he just let her ramble for the most part. I got the impression she repulsed the reporter. (he's sure to have interviewed so many different people, and studied interviews done by others). I got the feeling he was glad she blabbed like she did because it was sooooo telling, and he was the one who got it on video. If he had guided her too much, she may have picked up on what she was "supposed" to say, and we would have a totally different take. All JMO MOO
Well, hopefully, reporters don't guide, they draw out information. He appeared ineffective and accommodating to me. I doubt that he was that strategic, rather, he jumped to have the interview anyone would have wanted. I'm surprised she didn't ask for a dramatic silhouette effect with her voice altered.

Well, hopefully, reporters don't guide, they draw out information. He appeared ineffective and accommodating to me. I doubt that he was that strategic, rather, he jumped to have the interview anyone would have wanted. I'm surprised she didn't ask for a dramatic silhouette effect with her voice altered.
Well he got her talk,talk,talking. A good interviewer ask a few questions,and then let's the interviewee spill the tee.
MOO

I follow the reporter Spencer Wilson on Twitter and someone asked him about things being cut and edited out of his interview and here is his reply.
Spencer Wilson on Twitter
It was edited when "She talked about general crime when she didn't understand the questions"... ?
Would have liked to see the whole thing, including her 'confusion' about what she was being asked.

My school district, very rural, required copies of all transcripts before I could even apply.

I'm in a highly urban part of the Los Angeles area. The transcripts are produced (but they are not authentic). This does not happen often, but in the past 20 years, it has happened. Naturally, it was not found out right away (we are supposed to get official transcripts directly from the university, not just photocopies but guess what? we don't). I will say that since we became compliant with state law regarding fingerprinting before the first day of work, we have weeded people who aren't really credentialed out, a little more frequently.

In one case, the person was credentialed (but not for our state!) and a long, drawn-out legal battle (not available to the public, as it is a personnel matter) ensued. Turned out the credential was for an entirely different grade and subject...that person was still able to substitute teach, though.

Ultimately, nothing beats calling references (and looking at employment history). People exaggerate their credentials and skills all the time. Teaching credentials themselves often look like diplomas (no number on them) and, well...a shady person does arise now and then.

Quote--I thought all this was true until I went and looked into it more. It's very unclear what all the reasons were for her losing her license in SC, and it hasn't been reported in MSM so we can't discuss it. She does allude to it in an interview though (she blames it on external circumstances, but I am not so sure. Quote

Are we allowed to post the court documents concerning her past teaching issues??
I know, I know, you would think I would know this by now, but I do get confused as to what "documents" can be posted here.

Editedbyme-- I flagged post for mod to review

Hello everyone, I am a new member, have been following this case somewhat, very sad for Gannon, hopefully we will see this solved within a short time. I am in Denmark, so I might not know all your abbreviations, but will try to follow along.
I believe that LE knows more than they are letting us know, and they are gathering evidence to have probable cause. Please listen to this. 18 minutes excellent statement analysis of the TS interview. I really like his objectiveness, very sharpe. The “someone” she refers to, is in my opinion Gannons dad. She sounds bitter towards him, like the victim of having made sacrifices taking care of his son, a child with special needs, and maybe she was just so recentful towards the dad, that she took it out on the child. In a crime is absolute a possibility.
<ModSnip>

Welcome to Websleuths from Denmark!. I watched the video you posted -- first of all, thank you. Second, it was very helpful to understanding more of this person's motives and perception of reality.

It was edited when "She talked about general crime when she didn't understand the questions"... ?
Would have liked to see the whole thing, including her 'confusion' about what she was being asked.
Well plus she said LE had asked her not to talk about the case. You know that's not true, she would have just been talking about a missing child, any information she would give the public might help, but she knows they suspect her and she is already thinking of the legal ramifications to her of saying the wrong thing. She anticipated difficult questions from the reporter so shifts the reason she is not prepared to answer to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum