Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my opinion only. I think that something could very well have happened Sunday. TS, who has displayed some self-absorbed behaviors, was angered by something Gannon said or did, and beat him severely. That's why he was so slow to walk out to the truck and had to be helped into it. He couldn't go to school, she would be found out. Maybe Gannon would tell his dad. So she got rid of him. Do children need a doctor's note when they are out of school for any length of time?
When I was a child in the 50s, my father beat my brother so badly that my mother kept him home from school for a week, so this isn't so farfetched an idea.

Yes, I think that is a very likely scenario. Imo, he was hurt badly and the injuries she inflicted on her step-son put her marriage in jeopardy, her freedom in jeopardy (if charged with assault, for example), and her job in education in jeopardy.

Still.....so hard to imagine she'd chose "disappearing" a child as the better alternative to facing any consequences. Really hard to imagine, but it looks like that is what she did.

jmo

I’m reviewing timeline I’m working on and I noticed mom and dad spent Tuesday evening with LE - no mention though if LS was also there so I’m wondering if suspicion had already set in? If true, then they may have returned to the family home and confronted her Wednesday or Thursday and that’s when she had to leave? It seems in her interview she’s mad IMO and so I think she may have just left so it’s still fresh ? Alternatively she may have been asked to leave after their interview and she was seething about it ? I’d like to know this because I think the timing is relevant
JMO

The EPC Sheriff’s office has been extremely deliberate about the wording of every single update they post regarding the search for GS. The change to the wording below from Friday to Saturday is highlighted below.

Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case (Friday at 6:19pm)

“We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. All leads and avenues are being explored. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him home safely. “

———————

Sheriff's Office Update on the Gannon Stauch Case (yesterday at 7:31pm)

“We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. Through the course of this investigation, we follow leads and tips until those are exhausted. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him back home.”

Sadly I don't believe this sweet boy is alive, and likely hasn't been since the day he went missing.

Did anyone else notice the giggle at the end of the sentence where she says they went to Burger King? It’s when the minor daughter is standing beside her. It stuck out to me.

Someone else pointed out earlier that when asked what happened after Burger King, she switched the narrative and wouldn't answer.

Yup, it’s pretty much like that Investigation Discovery show called “See No Evil” where crimes are basically solved by finding cameras in the area and then spending countless hours viewing all the footage. That usually leads to them having to find another camera that captures images of the perp. If lucky, they can get clear enough images to get license plates, passengers and identify the perp.

In this case, that could be taking a lot of time because they are trying (no doubt) to track everywhere she was Monday so the information can lead to what she did with Gannon.

It’s been weeks now. Where is he? Is he warm, does he have a bed, does he have food, clothing? Is he at a place that is safe? Is he happy, are there other children to play with?

I know things aren’t looking good for Gannon to be alive and I can’t think of a situation where he was taken care of where he wouldn’t be abused and harmed in many ways. Ok, now I want to cry. MOO

It could also be that since there were conflicts between TS and Gannons's mom, TS would have never stayed in that house with her anyway.

I do think that straight away they were skeptical of her story, AS said from the beginning Gannon would never run away, his aunt said that he always had someone with him and he would never go off on his own. They probably questioned her, got into an argument and she stormed out. She hasn't been back because she knows darn well they suspect her and she's likely furious that her husband is staying in the house with his ex-wife.

Jmo
She sure is POed about Mom Being there, in spite of the fact she is Gannon's BM,and it's BM's son that is missing, but she doesn't say exactly why she's not allowed to be there. Pretty sure she was not supposed to be there when MOM got there for a reason. Makes me think there might be a restraining order.
MOO

I agree. There was a female neighbor who was interviewed early on. She said she lives across the street and checked her video and didn't see anything on it. Then the other neighbor, RD, found the Monday morning video a few days after Gannon's disappearance. LE would have obtained the female neighbor's video right away to examine the hours of 10:00 and on. Not just her video, but everyone who said they had video cameras. Takes time to search through all of this.
I was wondering if anyone across the street had any video. Thank you! Hmmmm....if that neighbor says they did not see anything, I wonder if perhaps the motion sensitivity on her system is set to low? MOO

I went back and watched every video the neighbor speaks in. ( I may have missed one or two, so y'all feel free to correct me) in one, he says he saw Gannon and his sister playing outside Sunday. Most kids get up relatively early, at least around here. They could have been playing early. Anyway- the neighbor never ever says that 1015 video is from Monday. Not ever. Now reporters say Monday, but no mention of Monday specifically from him
I was wondering if it were possibly from a different day! :eek:MOO

I'm sure the investigators have a handle on the dynamics of the family and the relationship between TS and AS, as well between TS and Gannon. They've interviewed all of them, and they've seen the public on camera video of TS and her weird behavior. They've also no doubt received rebuttal from AS and mom (can't remember her initials!) about her claims in the video. And AS has likely filled in some blanks about what he saw on the neighbor's video as far as the demeanor of both TS and Gannon, and other nuances. I'm guessing there may also be more to that video, either in footage or clarity, that we're just not able to see.

A couple of things -
First, she has really piled onto herself and added a lot to reconcile in the gap in time between leaving that driveway, and even the hour between 2:15 when she got home, and 3:15 which she gave as the earliest portion of the timeline for going to the (imaginary nameless) friend's house.
It's going to be hard to say she got gas, grocery shopped, had her nails done, went to yoga, or whatever, between that morning and when she returned, because where are the receipts, does she appear on camera in those venues, do people who served her or checked her out remember any of this, where was Gannon while she was doing these things, and on and on it goes. She never thought that anyone would see her in that driveway with Gannon, and that's a beautiful thing, because she's created a huge dilemma of having to explain where she was, where he was, and lining up moving parts with proof of those parts, when she simply can't. If she didn't think about neighborhood cameras, she didn't think about creating an alibi past that driveway, most likely.

As re: family dynamics and who has responsibility: If there is Narcissism in this equation, and I mean the full blown personality, not just self-absorption and self-serving priorities, there is a level of psychological violence and manipulation in that home and family that is literally mind-bending to all parties, including the adults. Narcissists are masters of brainwashing even the most functional adult, because they groom people, they lure, they love bomb, then they devalue, then they gaslight to rebut the devaluing ("I didn't say that"; "You're imagining things"; "I think you're overreacting", "No, I didn't say that, I said x, and you were really distracted that day and just don't remember...can I fix us some dinner, you seem exhausted from work", etc., etc.). The purpose of all of this is to keep the victims off balance and feeling like this loving gushing person can't really be lying or cruel, 'and besides, she's right, that day I was really distracted...'

I've witnessed this, and children are so tragically vulnerable to the confusing happy good mommy/mean mommy switch up, and so reliant on the person for care, they can't sort that it's abuse, and they don't report, or, if they do, the person they tell is under a spell as well, and can't see into it fully. It's always the manipulated person's fault anyway because they upset the other party (look how hard she's tried and is keeping the family together while the other parent is away), and so on. There are volumes written about how these people puppet other people, using psychological tools of harm that normal people have never considered because we're normal and don't see other humans as objects. So, no, because you marry someone, live with them, and talk to them every day, you're not necessarily aware of what's happening at all these other levels, and certainly not when you're away from the house. As adult might know something's 'off', or suspect dishonesty, but then there's always something to override the perception. Gaslighting is a very vicious and powerful tool of abuse. And everyone is a victim in a home where any narcissist lives. Triangulation is one of their favorite tools so all family members are pitted against each other, the children have special secrets and information that their siblings don't have, the parent 'needs' their help, and it just goes on forever. These people destabilize families and homes to keep ongoing control of their human puppets. Up is down, now it's sideways, it's sunny when it's raining, and everybody else is just confused or even 'mentally ill' if they counter this false reality. Don't know if this is the big picture, just saying if it is, this is why it appears on the surface that someone should have 'known', when it takes a crisis and a tragedy for the mask to fully fall off.

I think of ownership and accountability as who gets to eat the pie. I believe that while there may be some slivers and bites anyone could feel is theirs to swallow, because guilt is powerful thing looking back, there's only one person who will be seated at the table of accountability with a pie and a big spoon. (barring third party assistance, and they have their own pie) JMO

She sure is POed about Mom Being there, in spite of the fact she is Gannon's BM,and it's BM's son that is missing, but she doesn't say exactly why she's not allowed to be there. Pretty sure she was not supposed to be there when MOM got there for a reason. Makes me think there might be a restraining order.
MOO
My hunch is that everyone understandably feels for the BM. Of course you would make room in your home for her to stay during the search for her child! What's the alternative, hotel room on her own during the worst time of her life? BM has everyone's sympathies and everyone aches for her and for Dad.

But I'm guessing SM threw a fit about having BM in the house. An argument ensued, and nobody was on SM's side. "If you don't like it, then you can leave," would be my guess what happened.

Of course, the situation would be incredibly hard even if SM is innocent....but she probably wouldn't be kicked out of the house unless she gave them a reason. And I think she gave two reasons: 1) she was mad BM would be there and nobody could tolerate that attitude, and 2) family suspects her.

jmopinion

This is my opinion only. I think that something could very well have happened Sunday. TS, who has displayed some self-absorbed behaviors, was angered by something Gannon said or did, and beat him severely. That's why he was so slow to walk out to the truck and had to be helped into it. He couldn't go to school, she would be found out. Maybe Gannon would tell his dad. So she got rid of him. Do children need a doctor's note when they are out of school for any length of time?
When I was a child in the 50s, my father beat my brother so badly that my mother kept him home from school for a week, so this isn't so farfetched an idea.
I can see a beating starting on Sunday and he recovered enough to walk to the truck Monday but we have no time stamp so we really don’t know what date that video represents
JMO

I was wondering if anyone across the street had any video. Thank you! Hmmmm....if that neighbor says they did not see anything, I wonder if perhaps the motion sensitivity on her system is set to low? MOO

Since that was early on, my guess is she was only looking at the time he would have "run away".

MOO

I agree. There was a female neighbor who was interviewed early on. She said she lives across the street and checked her video and didn't see anything on it. Then the other neighbor, RD, found the Monday morning video a few days after Gannon's disappearance. LE would have obtained the female neighbor's video right away to examine the hours of 10:00 and on. Not just her video, but everyone who said they had video cameras. Takes time to search through all of this.

In that interview- it only mentions she checked her video for the time LS said Gannon went off to play

I also think something happened on Sunday. I don't know if the hike was part of a plan or if something "accidental" happened at home that night.

She mentions his obedience in the TV interview, which might be a clue that obedience is on her mind. Seems odd to specifically mention obedience when a child is missing unless obedience plays a role in the disappearance.

So I wonder if she thought he sassed off at her or didn't do a chore on Sunday so she punished him. Badly.

This is just a brainstorming thought, imo, not fact.

Whatever happened Sunday, imo, is what caused him to miss school on Monday.

But what would be soooo bad that you would "disappear" a child in your care?! I think she was scared he would talk - but why "disappear" a child because of that? Did she really, really think that would be the better option?

What the heck happened?!

jmo, speculation only
Really good thought re the obedience! Subconscious conscious. I think you are onto something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume