Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I noticed:

When the Sheriff’s Office tweeted about Gannon Tuesday night (11:33 PM on Jan. 28, local/MST), they were still calling him a runaway (“Can you help us find this runaway: Gannon Stauch. Last seen 01/27/2020 in his home between 3:15pm-4pm in Lorson Ranch.“):
EPCSheriff on Twitter

Less than 24 hours later, at 3:19 PM on Wed., Jan. 29, they tweeted about Gannon again (“Sheriff's Office Asks for Assistance in Locating Juvenile: https://bit.ly/2RW3bd4”) with a link to a press release, which, in part, read:

“Our Major Crimes Detectives have assumed responsibility over this case. They are actively searching for evidence and taking all witness statements at this time. This case was referred to Major Crimes for their ability to gather information and use great focus with their investigative training.” (BBM)

So by Wednesday afternoon at the latest, at least LE were fairly certain TS wasn’t being truthful, IMO.

That's a good catch.

Am I the only one that keeps getting Tammy Moorer vibes from the SM?

It's so similar to the Heather Elvis case in the way that step mom is bashing bio mom on social media and trying to place blame on her. Exactly how Tammy Moorer harrased the Elvis family on line and tried to say Heather's father was responsible for her disappearance. Step mom is from Lumberton North Carolina, correct? Heather's case got national media attention, it makes me wonder if LS followed that case and decided to use the same tactics?

Man, I hate typing this....... my guess would be: soil/vegetation that may have fallen from any vehicles parked in the garage/driveway, potential murder weapon(s), items that may be used to dispose of a body, clothing, blood drops/stains or other bodily fluid that may be found in washing machine, drains, carpets, etc., electronics used in the home, "unknown" cell phone(s), notes/diaries, banking information/statements, information regarding surveillance system, or any other clue as to what may explain Gannon's disappearance. :(:(:(

ETA: there has been no confirmation by LE of items that may have been found and removed from the home or any vehicles belonging to the family. There has also been no confirmation from LE regarding search warrants that have been served.
I'm hoping after the Kelsey Berreth case LE is looking under, behind and close to everything in that house!

Thanks for posting the transcript. Near the end, T makes an interesting comment.

I: "Do you feel like these are just internet detectives who think they know what they’re doing?"
T: "It definitely is, and you know, here’s the thing that kind of saddens me. It’s like, if you’re gonna talk about someone like that, have a witch hunt out for them, why would you even care, like, about doing those things because this is a child. You’re telling me that you’re just as mean. You’re just as hateful to talk about someone else like that. "

Just as mean and just as hateful as ...? T is making a comparison, but she doesn't finish the thought. She is saying that those who have a witch hunt out for her are just as mean and hateful as ?? As she is? As the person who harmed the child?

Very. Good. Catch.

I'm hoping after the Kelsey Berreth case LE is looking under, behind and close to everything in that house!

I couldn't agree more! I'm hoping they used luminol! In Kelsey's case nothing was noticed immediately, it wasn't until LE came back a second time and found blood evidence with luminol along with other evidence.

I also hope they checked all vehicles connected to the Stauch residence with luminol for blood evidence.

I couldn't agree more! I'm hoping they used luminol! In Kelsey's case nothing was noticed immediately, it wasn't until LE came back a second time and found blood evidence with luminol along with other evidence.

I also hope they checked all vehicles connected to the Stauch residence with luminol for blood evidence.
Thank God Kelsey's brother spotted the blood on the commode. Seeing the picture of it on Dateline I was shocked at how big of an area it covered! I thought it was a tiny splatter throughout the trial, but, in reality looked huge!

Electronic devices.

Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case

February 9, 2020
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office investigation continued today in the Lorson Ranch area. Deputies re-canvassed Gannon's neighborhood and spoke with neighbors. We did this in a systematic approach to ensure all residents have been interviewed because some may have been away at the time of the initial canvassing. Those who are in the immediate vicinity of an incident may have useful information to provide.

We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. The size of the search group can vary at any point during this investigation. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him back home safely.

To date, we have received 339 tips. Any pertinent information on this case will be put out as the investigation allows. We will continue to share even the smallest update in this case.

Our partners in our search and investigation efforts are:
4th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Army (multiple units - volunteers), Army 4th Engineer Battalion (volunteers), Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Colorado Springs Fire Department, Colorado Springs Police Department, Fountain Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, El Paso County Public Works, El Paso County Search and Rescue, Emergency Incident Support, the FBI, Flight for Life (searching purposes only), Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers), Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management, Salvation Army, Verizon Wireless, and VOAD.

The mis-information that is being spread on social media is a hindrance to this investigation and adds an unnecessary additional burden on the family. Any information that is prematurely released and is not directly from the El Paso County Sheriff's Office is not a credible source.

Follow our social media platforms, especially Twitter @EPCSheriff, to get up to date information. Do not use social media as a tool to report any tips or information on this case. If you have any credible information as it relates to Gannon's case please call the Sheriff's Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com.
MR 20-028
71789C1C-0761-4C5F-9CC0-54D638EAB4F7.jpeg
Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads