Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This bizarre recounting of events by the SM is exactly why LE didn't want the video released.

There is no need to give a suspect information to come up with reasons and an alibi, this is not in anyone's interest, other than it is wildly entertaining.

Do we know if there was really a fire on the carpet? Because if so, that could have been done to get rid of some evidence. jmo

I wonder why SM felt the need to bring up a cut on Gannon’s foot with some tools. Makes me think blood evidence was found in her truck bed and the garage. Very sad. No one had been talking about that so I’m not sure why that had to be stated in such a self-serving statement.

Who is advising this woman? I’m getting the sense that from an attorney perspective she is impossible to silence.

Finally, I was expecting a weird story about how there was another video that clearly showed Gannon exited the other side but LE was withholding that while SM and LE worked hand in hand to find Gannon, because they wanted to keep a bunch of wanna’ be detectives busy and occupied while they did the real work of finding Gannon.

To my surprise no. There was no strange story about an intentional release of half the videos, but only half, in order to mislead a stupid public.

Instead, there was a more vague statement about how high tech methods were able to detect shadows showing Gannon stepping out of the truck when SM returned, but on the other side.

Hmmm.

To explain why Gannon was not seen on any of the neighbours video cams when he left the house.
The only problem I have with her story with this is that there are houses surrounding the S house. The only route GS could’ve take from the gate is to the front street. I’m assuming the gate leads out along the side where the neighbors house is located that has surveillance that was released as the other side of the house has another house that is almost connect to her house as they share a driveway. So, I would think the neighbors surveillance would have captured GS walking to the street. JMO

She mentions staying at a hotel in her statement so I guess that answers the question of where she has been...

Playing devil's advocate... Most of the things in her statement can be verified easily (GS had the only key to the gate, info she gave LEO, etc.). So... supposing it's true (I doubt it, but work with me), is it possible LE is looking into someone else?

I'm wondering is she trying to say there was a selfie BEFORE they left the driveway? Because how in the heck would that change anyone's opinion that he wasn't in the truck when she got BACK??
All these selfies with GS, the one at the hike and the one in the freaking car going shopping, seems a bit forced, like here we are, having fun, Stepmom of the year, we are doing great, he's right here beside me, he adores me! IMO
My kids are all grown up, but they and my grandkids would look at me like I was a fruitcake if I took a selfie of us going shopping. Oh, the excitement. No one will believe the FUN we are having. Yeehaw.

Lol.

Without being super knowledgable about the case details yet my first impression is that it was to account for him not being seen leaving via the street on neighbor's camera. And fact it was a locked gate - she has to say he had the key.

moo
So is she saying he had the only key and that he UNLOCKED the gate and left and turned and LOCKED the gate behind himself ? What 11 year old runaway does that?

A few questions/concerns/theories I have regarding LS statement:

-Garbage would be easy to gather from the home or garage to confirm LS stories of bandages if they can locate the discarded wrappers and paper towels/tissue etc...she used to clean up his wounds. Wonder if LE has their garbage.
-IF LS hypothetically had a tendency to post screenshots all over the place showing how she and AS kept in such close communication about absolutely everything that happened with the kids, even, hypothetically regarding bath salts or hikes or videos of kids getting in trouble for something, and takes selfies of such mundane things to send to AS as them sitting in a truck on the way to go shopping, she most certainly would have sent pics and texts regarding the cut to Gannon’s foot and her oh so lovingly and carefully cleaning him up so he was “good to go.” I wonder where screenshots of those texts and pics might be.
-I wonder if there is video showing LS coming home from whatever shopping trip Saturday resulting in Gannon “helping her unload”, and him getting bandaged up. Surely this would be on camera since she points out AS left the garage in such disarray they couldn’t possibly park the cars in there fully, resulting in the cut on Gannon’s foot.
-Why would Gannon ask permission to leave the house to go play with a friend, but then need some reason to sneak in or out of a gate, as she seems to imply in her statement? Surely a child who asked and was given permission to go outside to play would’ve simply gone out the front door.
-IF LS hypothetically leaked other videos and pics and screenshots trying to build her story, why not the ones exonerating her, such as proof Gannon got out of the truck, or anything showing he was present or alive after 10:15am when the video shows him entering the truck?
-LS says she noticed Gannon ‘kept’ going to the side of the house. How many times could a child walk to the side of the house on Saturday night after helping her unload and cutting his foot? If he was the only one with a gate key, as she stated, he would already know the gate is locked. Makes no sense.
-If LS had hypothetically said previously there were photos of him getting out the other side and this was cleared by law enforcement, why does she then go on to explain how there is technology to determine shadows and movement around the truck? Where is the video showing the other side, Gannon came home from the shopping trip?
-She says LE has a description of the person/friend Gannon left with-but wait, she said before he asked if he could go play, but never said he left with someone. I’m lost.
-What does the side gate or the apparently missing key have to do with anyone or anything, if we are to believe her original version of events, that she was working out, Gannon asked to go outside to play with a friend, and hasn’t been seen since?
-I believe she is now mentioning suspicious cars because of the way the update from LE was worded yesterday and she latched on to that.

Every aspect of this statement, in my personal opinion, is meant to justify or explain away any evidence that has been found, or contradictory statements she has previously made. Keep talking, LS. Keep digging the hole until it’s so deep you will never ever climb out.
MOO

Two (of so many) questions that are stuck in my head:

She says "leaked video"... Jmo but if my kid was missing I suspect I'd refer to it as video...I feel as if she was surprised by the video?

Also, I only read the statement here, did she actually refer to him as G? He has a name, she's reducing him to a letter?!

Ugh. So much UGH.

I haven't caught up yet, but here are my takeaways and theories...all JMO/IMO

1. If she took a selfie in the truck, then that gives me hope that she had her phone when they were out and about on Monday. Hopefully her phone data will lead us to Gannon.

2. Obviously there's blood evidence either inside or outside the car/truck. She says "the edge of the car" - so that IMO could be inside or outside, depending on whether or not he allegedly sat on the edge of the hood or a seat.

3. The cut foot was an unnecessary addition to the story. If Gannon ran away with someone on Monday, then the cut foot on Saturday night has zero relevance. Police will see right through this just as anyone else will.

4. I'd like to know whether the gate locks from the inside or outside. If it locks from the outside, then there should be surveillance footage from their cameras & the neighbor's showing Gannon walking back and forth to the gate Saturday night. I am assuming that the gate locks from the outside and she included the "walking back and forth" portion to account for how he could leave through a gate that would have been locked from the outside.

Side note: we have a key that locks our storage closet in our garage. It hangs on a separate key chain in our house so anyone can access it when needed. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that an 11-year-old would be put in charge of this key. Did he wear it on a chain around his neck?? Okay.

5. She overexplains how Police know that Gannon exited the vehicle. If they were able to see his shadow exit the truck via their super enhancing software, why did she also provide the "selfie evidence"?

6. If Police had a description of the person/friend Gannon left with - why didn't they release that information to the public? Why didn't stepmom tell her husband when he asked whose house he went to? Why did she say he went a neighborhood friend's house? Nonsense.

Anyway, she's doing a great job of incriminating herself. Now, off to catch up.

I want to start my post by saying I am not taking sides in the slightest bit. If there is any side to be on it is Gannon's and praying him home. But, I feel like everyone here is just looking over her explanation of everything because you have already decided TS is guilty.

Here are a few things that I got her statement.

1. He cut his foot. Kids get hurt that is a part of growing up and he was bandaged up. Okay, then they take a hike on Saturday. I know that my kids will play down their injures when they want to go somewhere and so maybe he played down the injury to go hiking. Then comes Monday morning and it is hurting because he probably shouldn't have been walking on it too much. I know I thought he was walking slow to the truck maybe it was his foot hurting.
2. Going back and forth to the gate. I know from experience that when my husband gives my son something to take care of it is like a mission to him. He will make sure that his job is done to the best of his ability.
3. Selfie to Dad. I do the same thing. I send pictures of the kids to my husband at work so that he knows we are thinking of him.
4. She isn't in the home right now. If my kids went missing and I wasn't the one taking care of them I would not want to be in the room with the person that was watching over him whether that person was guilty of anything or not. I don't blame the mom for wanting to be in the home that will have all of the case information relayed to. I would want to be in the home that my son would be coming back to when he is found as well.

The one thing that I am not understanding comes to the end of the statement. TS states that LE has more details about the person and who sent them. I would like LE to explain that and if there is an individual that we need to be on the lookout for.

Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance

I wonder why SM felt the need to bring up a cut on Gannon’s foot with some tools. Makes me think blood evidence was found in her truck bed and the garage. Very sad. No one had been talking about that so I’m not sure why that had to be stated in such a self-serving statement.

SBM. Not to mention that there would also be a bloodied and tissue containing tool, you know, the one he stepped on. She had said car in her statement which is why the daughter's car was probably seized--to look for blood on the bumper and in the trunk. I wonder where else his blood has been found.

There was large (appeared fairly manageable to hold) wrapped item brought out of the garage during one of the searches. I had thought shovel. But, maybe it was related to blood in the garage.

SBM. Not to mention that there would also be a bloodied and tissue containing tool, you know, the one he stepped on. She had said car in her statement which is why the daughter's car was probably seized--to look for blood on the bumper and in the trunk. I wonder where else his blood has been found.

There was large (appeared fairly manageable to hold) wrapped item brought out of the garage during one of the searches. I had thought shovel. But, maybe it was related to blood in the garage.
I think she could call an SUV a "car" too. Or I could, that is. It's not a truck, more than a car, but not open like the red pickup. Doesn't matter anyway I guess, LE must have had access to all 3 autos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay