CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is that they wanted to do something themselves to help Gannon. The sense of helplessness and hopelessness had to have been so strong (in any normal person). Heck, there's a sign up now in my neighborhood for a missing cat, and it's been up for a month and I still take different routes around the neighborhood and watch our yard as much as possible all day, hoping to see that cat.

Since Gannon was missing, I seriously doubt that any neighbors would have minded being handed another poster and, perhaps, might have offered at least sympathy or encouragement. We all know that any searching would have failed, but I sure wouldn't be able to help myself from trying.

Anyway, my point is that they were used to help Letecia leave town and run away from what she'd done, which must have been quite perplexing and upsetting to people who came to try and help find Gannon. They could have helped her organize a vigil. They could have gone to local churches and asked for prayers, if they are believers (and most people would be, at that point).

And I surely didn't mean to imply that anyone should talk to children without their parents' permission and presence. But I imagine that Gannon's little friends also wanted to try to be as helpful as possible and be part of trying to find him in any way that they could.

IMO.
Did Gannon not have his own room?

Hello everyone! Because we're due to start in under an hour, a reminder that today we are meant to see the entire first interview LS had with police. It is roughly four hours long. (Judge indicated yesterday that there would be at least one pause for recess during this.)

I will be endeavouring to listen to the entire thing, and will try and summarise bits and pieces for the thread that strike me as being of note, with the caveat that I may paraphrase at times and am not the fastest typist. I'm also dealing with a migraine today (I'm fine, have taken my meds and caffeine and am absolutely okay) so my thoughts may be a little sluggish and it may be a bit more difficult for me to translate them into succinct commentary. If something I type is confusing or vague, please look to our other members and the reporters doing tweet threads about this case, they'll probably have captured it much better than I did.

Also, we have no idea what the audio quality will be, and if I can't understand it, I will not make wild guesses as to the content.

MOO
Best place/site to view? I checked RA yesterday but he was replaying old shows and L&O charges for access.

On this issue (the ADHD and medication) surely AS would have noticed the zombie-like behavior and its absence on weekends? It's hard to believe anything this woman says. It's so hard to believe that neither parent would mention the over-medication of their son to the prescribing doctor.

It certainly does mean that there were extra doses around each month.

IMO.

In my experience, Vyvanse does not make a person feel like a zombie. They might be irritable, have dry mouth, be more nervous/anxious, and have stomach issues. There are often issues with not being hungry and not enjoying food. Many families I know will not give their kids their ADHD meds on the weekend to give them a break and get lots of calories in them if their children don't feel like eating on the meds. Working with a care provider to manage optimal therapeutic levels is important and is often not done with a psychiatrist but a general pediatrician (as opposed to a developmental pediatrician) after a dx (because it is cheaper to do so). I don't think we know his type of ADHD but given that there are differing types it can be more challenging to discern the medication's effectiveness. Sometimes kids are on these drugs just because they have been and the dosages are not optimal but everyone thinks they are kind of working so they continue on with them, in my personal and professional experience.

Last edited:

Day 6 of the #LeteciaStauch murder trial began with emotional testimony from her half-brother, Dakota Lowery. Before beginning his testimony, an emotional Lowery asked, “Why Tecia?!” Later on he said, "I knew she did it." Below are my courtroom notes from Tuesday, April 11.

Hello everyone! Because we're due to start in under an hour, a reminder that today we are meant to see the entire first interview LS had with police. It is roughly four hours long. (Judge indicated yesterday that there would be at least one pause for recess during this.)

I will be endeavouring to listen to the entire thing, and will try and summarise bits and pieces for the thread that strike me as being of note, with the caveat that I may paraphrase at times and am not the fastest typist. I'm also dealing with a migraine today (I'm fine, have taken my meds and caffeine and am absolutely okay) so my thoughts may be a little sluggish and it may be a bit more difficult for me to translate them into succinct commentary. If something I type is confusing or vague, please look to our other members and the reporters doing tweet threads about this case, they'll probably have captured it much better than I did.

Also, we have no idea what the audio quality will be, and if I can't understand it, I will not make wild guesses as to the content.

MOO
I can't wait for your guesses! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members