CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On this issue (the ADHD and medication) surely AS would have noticed the zombie-like behavior and its absence on weekends? It's hard to believe anything this woman says. It's so hard to believe that neither parent would mention the over-medication of their son to the prescribing doctor.

It certainly does mean that there were extra doses around each month.

IMO.
If I remember correctly, LS told the officers that they did not give GS his Rx on the weekends because it was known to affect his stomach and caused him to have accidents. So then LS went on to say they went on a hike on Sunday and he had three accidents in his pants. So which is it, LS? (But I don't remember LS saying anything about being a zombie).

At about 7:25 marker:

Live in court. Judge addressing attorneys re lay people testifying on their opinion of sanity. Jury not present.

ETA: Judge adds that nurse's opinion yesterday on LS' sanity was valid.

Last edited:
I have been watching the trial here and there, and I think the prosecution is painting a clear picture of what happened to GS. It is more heartbreaking than I imagined it could be. One piece of evidence I can't seem to find is about GS clothes. Did he have knife cuts through his jacket, shirt, or both?
I am left with the thoughts of her beating him on his head the night before. When he seemed like he was in need of medical attention, she would have been worried about herself. Seems like she drugged him to finish him off. Do you think that is why she drove around and made multiple visits to PetCo? Perhaps, waiting for him to pass? She could then just dump him somewhere. When he didn't die, she needed a new plan because his sister would be coming home soon. When she gets out of the truck, she seem mad as she gets out. If you watch the video, she kicks the door open to where it kind of bounces back. Wonder if she is angry, he is still alive. I just don't get why we don't see him on the video, as well. I imagine he was laying down on the back seat. Apparently, he did go back inside and left his jacket on. Quickly after he got in his room, I am thinking is she stabbed him in his bed multiple times before getting a gun. My thoughts are that the blood spatter on the walls is from the knife, but the blood flowing from the mattress onto the concrete was from the gunshot in the jaw area. Seems like he was in the same spot during both attacks. What this child went through is inconceivable.
Just my random thoughts. I really just wanted to ask one question about the cuts in the jacket, shirt or both, but I ended up rambling.

Prayers for GS and his family.

\
Sometimes I think her original plan was to push him off a cliff when they went hiking. Not sure of the terrain of where they went, and couldn't find info about the location. I imagined that photo of the three of them was taken to show what an incredible, self-less step mother she is, before she pushes him to his death. Either she didn't think the height would kill him, or couldn't get the younger child preoccupied elsewhere to do it. In complete frustration, the next day she tries to burn him and start a fire that would kill him, but that doesn't work, and now she has an injured child and she goes into "look what you did" mode. That night she drugged him to keep him quiet while she beat him over the head with something. Then I think she stayed up, watching him like a hawk, hoping he'd stop breathing. She leaves the next day, hoping to finish him off in a remote location and leave him. Perhaps he's slumped over and moaning at this point and she's spending time at Petco and waiting for him to die. But he doesn't and she's nervous about being out in the open, so she returns home and shoots him. Still, he's alive and so she grabs something sharp and stabs him 18 times in a hurried frenzy.

This was certainly premeditated, but I really think she was trying to concoct an accident (fall or fire) where she could be deemed a woman in complete distress and a victim, and Al would come running home to embrace her and it would bring her family closer together and she'd be free of the preteen boy. When the fire didn't work and he was severely injured, she must have been PISSED. Because she knew in that moment there would be disposal and clean up and all sorts of stuff "she'd" have to endure.

On this issue (the ADHD and medication) surely AS would have noticed the zombie-like behavior and its absence on weekends? It's hard to believe anything this woman says. It's so hard to believe that neither parent would mention the over-medication of their son to the prescribing doctor.

It certainly does mean that there were extra doses around each month.

IMO.

I know when my nephew was young he took Ritalin (not sure if that's a different name in US?) He was very subdued for the duration of the meds effectiveness, and there was a marked difference when it wore off, he was much more like himself.
Fwiw I didnt find anything odd in her zombie statement, many people i know refer to their adhd meds as making them feel like a zombie, so I dont believe they were over medicating Gannon, the opposite in fact, so they medicated him in the week maybe to help with being able to attend school, and then didn't give it to him at the weekends to give him a break amd let him be more himself, if that makes sense?.

Best place/site to view? I checked RA yesterday but he was replaying old shows and L&O charges for access.

I'm watching on RA and listening on webex. RA does play filler if court is in recess and is about 2 minutes behind on his feed. It is fine and on right now.
I like him because he keeps her zoomed in in the corner of the page amd we can see her reactions, or lack thereof, up close.

Your post rang a bell. Wasn't there some scandal when she went up to Alaska with Al, some scandal she claimed over an officer paying too much attention to her, maybe some alleged assault or unwanted sexual attention?

I know she didn't stay with him for the length of his service there, but IIRC she was there initially and couldn't stand AK.

Does anyone else remember that?

Including an "IMO" because I do remember this, but not the details.
Oh yes, every officer on that base wanted to touch her body. She was not safe in Alaska. Too smoking hot. And I think she accused a principal of sexual harassment at one of the schools she had worked, if I'm not mistaken.

And it's rather impressive, I might add. Nice to see such thorough professionalism.
I think he has a prodigious memory. When he's pausing and calling on it, he looks up and across like he's reading the information from the air. It's really interesting to watch. I have a poor memory for various reasons, but my late grandmother never forgot anything. Ever. And my nephew is the same. As him a maths question, then ask him to remember it months later, without warning, and he can. He's eight.

MOO

Oh yeah I forgot the part that the state has to prove her sanity! Ok so they then have to do it all! Thanks!
Hello everyone! Because we're due to start in under an hour, a reminder that today we are meant to see the entire first interview LS had with police. It is roughly four hours long. (Judge indicated yesterday that there would be at least one pause for recess during this.)

I will be endeavouring to listen to the entire thing, and will try and summarise bits and pieces for the thread that strike me as being of note, with the caveat that I may paraphrase at times and am not the fastest typist. I'm also dealing with a migraine today (I'm fine, have taken my meds and caffeine and am absolutely okay) so my thoughts may be a little sluggish and it may be a bit more difficult for me to translate them into succinct commentary. If something I type is confusing or vague, please look to our other members and the reporters doing tweet threads about this case, they'll probably have captured it much better than I did.

Also, we have no idea what the audio quality will be, and if I can't understand it, I will not make wild guesses as to the content.

MOO
Thank you so much.

LS has an annoying habit of wiping her nose then immediately running her hand through her hair.
(stream I'm watching keeps zoomed in view of LS in place throughout the trial, so all her actions are clearly visable)
MOO

Last edited:
If there was a ruling on that, I missed it, I could hardly hear the defense and then my partner came and asked me a question. Sorry folks.

Sometimes I think her original plan was to push him off a cliff when they went hiking. Not sure of the terrain of where they went, and couldn't find info about the location. I imagined that photo of the three of them was taken to show what an incredible, self-less step mother she is, before she pushes him to his death. Either she didn't think the height would kill him, or couldn't get the younger child preoccupied elsewhere to do it. In complete frustration, the next day she tries to burn him and start a fire that would kill him, but that doesn't work, and now she has an injured child and she goes into "look what you did" mode. That night she drugged him to keep him quiet while she beat him over the head with something. Then I think she stayed up, watching him like a hawk, hoping he'd stop breathing. She leaves the next day, hoping to finish him off in a remote location and leave him. Perhaps he's slumped over and moaning at this point and she's spending time at Petco and waiting for him to die. But he doesn't and she's nervous about being out in the open, so she returns home and shoots him. Still, he's alive and so she grabs something sharp and stabs him 18 times in a hurried frenzy.

This was certainly premeditated, but I really think she was trying to concoct an accident (fall or fire) where she could be deemed a woman in complete distress and a victim, and Al would come running home to embrace her and it would bring her family closer together and she'd be free of the preteen boy. When the fire didn't work and he was severely injured, she must have been PISSED. Because she knew in that moment there would be disposal and clean up and all sorts of stuff "she'd" have to endure.
From the ME testimony, it seems the 18 stab wounds happened first on the 27th, considering the multiple defensive wounds on his hands and arms.

I've used RA for the last few days and he seems to have the best video quality. Make sure you click his "live" feed though (seems obvious, and yes I missed it too, lol)
I noticed he does a pre-show, too. On the morning coverage of April 11, he had someone call in who had recovered from DID. I found her statements very informative.

The call begins around 1:46:15. Worth a listen, IMO. It's just a couple of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024