CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She realizes Gannon has marks on his arms. They were peeling. She starts crying that she didn't know they were that bad, and Albert will think she didn't do her job as a parent. There's blood, not dripping out, but there was blood. Where's the blood at? On the sheets, we washed the sheets, on his arm, wrapping, aloe, we'll check it, if it turns a yellow color then it's infected. Basically, she was freaking out... Now, she's going into a story about something that Albert will get mad about, or something more she has to tell them.

Claims she got blood on her because he kept picking his blisters.

Blood on his arms, on his sheet (which she washed), blood on the wall where he slept. Cleaned it all up. Applied aloe to burns.

LS pacing the house because of anxiety over AS's potential violent reaction.

LS says she knows she's gotta fix two things, the carpet, and buy burn cream or something for Gannon's burns.

Pausing it now. Lunch, back at 1:20.

3 hrs 20 mins left, will be one more break later, judge encourages people to bring drinks and snacks for themselves when they come back.

Last edited:
It’s truly unbelievable how well she can manipulate people and conversations. I’m sure Al has spent a long time looking back on their marriage and wondering WTH.
Did the ME actually find any burns on Gannon? I didn’t hear that there were.

Claims she got blood on her because he kept picking his blisters.

Blood on his arms, on his sheet (which she washed), blood on the wall where he slept. Cleaned it all up. Applied aloe to burns.

LS pacing the house because of anxiety over AS's potential violent reaction.

LS says she knows she's gotta fix two things, the carpet, and buy burn cream or something for Gannon's burns.

Pausing it now. Lunch, back at 1:20.

3 hrs 20 mins left, will be one more break later, encourages people to bring drinks and snack for themselves when they come back.

The judge tells them to consider bringing a drink when they return. I'm thinking they need some popcorn for this show.....
I know I'm going to need a drink.

How any human being can ignore the suffering of a child and be more worried about getting in trouble? I can't, I just can't.

I want to climb in the reel, rescue G and L and remove her from their future.

Jmo

https://twitter.com/ZachNDupont

Bethel is now testifying about how Stauch on several different occasions declined to come to the El Paso County Sheriff's Office to partake in an interview, coming up up with several different reasons why she couldn't.

"I'm not going in to talk to you without an attorney," Stauch told Bethel in a recorded facetime call. Bethel at one point asks Stauch where she is, and Stauch declines to tell her.

Eventually, Stauch did agree to come to the sheriff's office for an interview. The four + hour long interview is about to be played in court.

Played about the first hour of the interview before lunch, where Stauch can be heard talking with Bethel about the day before Gannon was reported missing, and the morning of. Have not yet reached the point yet where she talks about Gannon actually going missing.

When asked what Letecia’s demeanor was like during the interview, Bethel said, “She was calm and collected.” She also added that Letecia’s personality was consistent throughout.

Bethel said she spoke to Letecia several times on January 28, through text message, phone call, and FaceTime. She said Letecia declined to show up for an interview because she said her stomach was hurting.

We also heard audio from a FaceTime from around 10 p.m. on January 28 between Bethel and Letecia. Letecia was mad because she said her daughter, Harley, was left at the Stauch home by herself while detectives were there. Letecia asked, “she can’t go get food or go get coffee?”

On the FaceTime, Bethel continued asking about information or updates so she could find Gannon. Letecia said, “Why are you asking me this? You keep asking me this over and over and over… I’m not going to talk to you without an attorney, when I already talked to you earlier.”

Bethel described the interaction saying, “She was angry with me… I’m not sure exactly why she was angry with me, but she was angry with me.” Bethel said many of the text messages from Letecia were focused on her, and not on helping find Gannon.

Bethel testified saying Letecia said something bad happened to her and she couldn’t tell detectives while Al was around. She said Letecia also said the family was getting death threats.

Bethel said she set up an in-person interview with Letecia at 10 a.m. the next day, but Letecia was late and didn’t show up until noon.

We’re now watching a video recording of the interview between Letecia and Bethel conducted at the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office around noon on January 29. This interview is more than four hours long.

Before the interview begins, Letecia is seen in the room by herself sitting on the couch with her arms and legs crosses, humming at times. District Attorney Michael Allen paused the recording to say he wanted jurors to see her demeanor as it regards to any mental health concerns.

Letecia said she knew the conversation was being recorded, and she asked if it’ll stay private and within the Sheriff’s Office, “because I’m going to have to tell you some very personal things,” said Letecia. She also said she hadn’t eaten, so detectives gave her refreshments.

Letecia described Sunday, January 26 including the hike at Garden of the Gods, Gannon’s stomach hurting, getting dinner, then going home. She said it was a normal Sunday night.

She then described the alarm going off saying, “fire, fire, fire.” She said she saw smoke coming from the downstairs. She then ran downstairs and put out a small fire which was on the floor. She said Gannon was sleeping on the couch right next to the fire.

Letecia said they were able to get everyone out of the home, and when they got back, they talked about a plan to fix the carpet the next day. She said Gannon stayed home from school the next day because of his stomach problems, and to help fix the carpet.

Letecia said on Monday she noticed marks and burns on Gannon’s arm that began peeling and bleeding. She said she was scared and freaking out because she didn’t want Al to know. She became emotional saying, “I made a mistake, I swear to y’all, I didn’t know they were that bad.”

The court is taking a break. The trial will resume at 1:20.

I know I'm going to need a drink.

How any human being can ignore the suffering of a child and be more worried about getting in trouble? I can't, I just can't.

I want to climb in the reel, rescue G and L and remove her from their future.

Jmo
Unfortunately, I've created a rod for my own back and am having enough trouble following this nonsense with my migraine postdrome and my ADHD, I couldn't possibly follow it with any beverage but tea.

After, though, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members