CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She set him on fire in the family room makes the most sense to me.

Hope I'm in the ballpark of understanding her crazy. All of you mentioning her motivations for this and her readiness to "cover" fire alarms make this picture come up. Since the only view we have of what really happened is Tee's, it's going to be impossible to know.

IMO.

Wasn't she once good friends with Landen? Or am I getting that wrong?

From your post to the jury's ears!

And jumping off your post - does anyone know anything about jury instructions in a case like this? Because surely, the jury can't be expected to know which examples go with which symptoms/evidence?

I've seen instructions about medical conditions (strokes, dementia, poisoning, intellectual disabilities) but even though both bipolar and schizophrenia are medical disorders (IMO), I've not yet seen a jury given instructions about this.

But truthfully, I've never followed a case where there was an insanity plea. I hope the cases were PD's are used as defense for a horrific crime are not many. Thank you for clarifying that in CO, it is likely that there needs to be evidence of an ongoing psychotic disorder such as the ones you mention. But can a jury decide that?

Her expert is going to say that's exactly what she had/has. I do wonder so much if anyone has examples of CO jury instructions on these matters. Not the case law per se, but what the jury is going to be told to help them make this incredibly hard decision.

IMO.
I really don’t see how or why a jury can make a decision over her sanity/insanity at the time of this child’s murder.

They are laypersons ( most likely) & I don’t see how their opinion holds any validity.

They will no doubt hear expert witnesses from both sides holding completely opposite viewpoints.

I have a medical degree & have worked in psychiatry & have some understanding of personality disorders.

I think many laypeople may look at the defendant‘s behaviours & actions & say that ‘she’s obviously crazy’ or, as my husband commented when seeing a little of the trial ‘she‘s mentally ill’

I don’t envy the jury in this horrible trial & hope the expert witnesses’ evidence is overwhelming to help with their difficult task.

I think the jury will be provided a clear definition.

T is a hot mess of unmanaged personality disorders with a chaser of mental illness, more than likely.

But she wasn't killing her demons, she was an army vet who was reacting to debilitating PTSD and thought he involved in military combat, voices weren't telling her to drown her babies.

She told us herself. She was afraid she'd be blamed so she was fixing it and coming up with stories.

She created character's after the fact to distance herself from the span of time she doesn’t want to think about it. That's not DID.

And she's not dissociating in the courtroom either. She's bored, defiant. It's all about her, of course, but it's not being told the way she wants it to be.

She thought she'd put up a poster, Al would turn to her for comfort, they'd be on GMA as the perfect family. You know, without Gannon.

Self-absorbed, tone dead, delusional but sane.

Maybe that's what's scariest of all.

JMO

So, it's the weekend! Sleep well, eat yummy food, chill, do what makes you happy.

Yesterday I did very little. Watched nearly all of Dinnerladies, which I haven't seen in twenty plus years since it first aired, and let my poor ears recover from nearly eight hours of headphone wearing. Next two days, more of the same. Hope you all have something fun to do with your break! See you back here on Monday, if not sooner for general case chat. Much love to you all. <3
Weekends done I spent the weekend watching Wentworth thinking dear god Leticia is worse then the freak . Back here for Gannon

Im wondering if Letecia doesnt have anxiety, shes just violent, and the Ativan keeps that in check. When she didnt have it while getting questioned she was highly agitated. Then on the car ride she probably didnt take it. Just a theory MOO.

The video really opened my eyes as to how violent she can really get, and hurt my heart for Gannon. There is no way she didnt abuse him before that fateful day.

Is Liana taking the stand? Or is she too young? She would know if Gannon was mistreated.

I wonder if Gannon was going to go to his dad and tell him what Letecia was doing and thats when she pulled the whole "Gannon came at me with a knife" BS? She was the main caregiver so he was kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place with telling on her. He knew if he did, he would feel her wrath, and his dad wouldnt be there to help him.

Good morning!

Day 9 trial to begin @9:00 am MT
Judge will decision on juror 12
Witness: CSPD: Brooke Bell continues

There will be a 15 minute recess between 10:00/10:30 am
Around Noon will recess for lunch
There will be a 15 minute recess sometime between 3:00/3:30 pm
Recess for the day @5:00 pm MT

Others here shared their “blues” in support of Gannon, so I too will. Placed in a room next to an angel are two corded electric candles, (with blue light bulbs) which are lite 24/7 in support of Gannon.

Here for Gannon <3

I really don’t see how or why a jury can make a decision over her sanity/insanity at the time of this child’s murder.

They are laypersons ( most likely) & I don’t see how their opinion holds any validity.

They will no doubt hear expert witnesses from both sides holding completely opposite viewpoints.
RSBM
A jury of your peers is the best society can offer. And fair IMO. As you say yourself experts witnesses can hold completely opposite views, so a jury of doctors is not the solution. That wouldn't make it anymore "valid"

After all she put herself in the situation of insane. She could of pled guilty and begged the mercy of the court.

Last edited:
I've been shaking the echoes of the trial out of my bones by gardening the last week ..

I've cut down a small cars worth of wildly overgrown laurel and holly bush, gained a whole load of extra sunlight, and I'm planting a lot of blue flowers (both bulbs and established plants) that should come back again next spring/summer, and the one after, and the one after...

Makes no difference to the grand scheme of anything, but it's a small thing that'll keep him remembered here.

That's a lovely way to remember him, and in such a peaceful place. Beautiful.

A couple of years ago, I got this for Gannon, sadly its very faded now so I will get it done again soon with a better artist :(

Screenshot_20210911-211311_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member