CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is what matters, in the end, in this trial.

LS has admitted she killed Gannon through her plea. She did it but is not guilty by reason of insanity. So all the details of carpet, carpet cutters, guns, etc, is not what is at stake (and I don't think that's what the Judge will instruct the jury to consider).

The entire matter is that she is **crazy**/insane. To be determined by a jury. The facts presented the the prosecution definitely point the jury in strong direction of Guilty.

But they have to also find her Sane. When looked at the way you explained it, she certainly looks out of touch with reality (insane). We need to be prepared for one juror to think the same way. Or to consider the presented facts as evidence of an Insane Woman.

I think we're all trying to come to terms with this. She sure does sound crazy.

I am hoping that once the trial turns to her elaborate (and rational) attempts to cover up what she did (evidence of guilty mind) we will all be able to relax. I cannot bring myself around to believing that she was "insane" in the legal sense.

IMO
Surprised to see your post but understand it. I am not worried. It really doesn’t matter what my thoughts are as I sit here posting away with no knowledge of narcissistic personality disorder. It only matters what the jury decides and CO law, and I am confident as to the totality of the circumstances shown throughout the trial (still 4 weeks left of trial) and common sense tell you that the defendant in my opinion will be found guilty as charged as noted by the State.

In addition, DID defendant is not, but again what do I know? This is all a matter of opinion. Defendant’s actions clearly show she knows right from wrong. Additionally, O/T, the James Holmes case is an interesting read.

She was so jealous of AS's relationship with Gannon that she not only tried to sabotage that by making up stories to try to make Gannon seem dangerous and dysfunctional in his father's eyes, she murdered him to remove him as a rival for AS's affections altogether.
I agree. I think him being such a miracle baby, and an absolute sweetheart on top of that, kept him very close to both of his parents. Letecia couldn’t stand it.

Yeah. It's my primary theory at this point that she killed Gannon, thinking that without him, her family would be perfect. That the process of losing him would cause AS to cling to her for comfort. Instead, every phone call they have, AS is totally focussed on finding Gannon, on what happened to him, on her role in it. It's deeply baffling and frustrating to her.

She was so jealous of AS's relationship with Gannon that she not only tried to sabotage that by making up stories to try to make Gannon seem dangerous and dysfunctional in his father's eyes, she murdered him to remove him as a rival for AS's affections altogether.

Very much my opinion and speculation only.
My sentiments too. You nailed it, imo. Defendant's jealous got the best of her. Definitely defendant was abusive toward Gannon prior to the murder, for years; however, defendant no longer would allow Gannon to stay with AS if she wasn't going to be there either. All of this is in my opinion only and is not fact, speculation, only.

My sentiments too. You nailed it, imo. Defendant's jealous got the best of her. Definitely defendant was abusive toward Gannon prior to the murder, for years; however, defendant no longer would allow Gannon to stay with AS if she wasn't going to be there either. All of this is in my opinion only and is not fact, speculation, only.
And while jealousy is a motive for murder, it is not a symptom of insanity, or a justification for violence.

She did this, and did it with nothing but her own selfish wants in her head. The reaction to Gannon's disappearance confused her, because she saw him as disposable, so why all the fuss? They focussed on her early, and even when she told people at length about her being a victim, about her trying to save Gannon, about her looking for Gannon, they just kept asking more and more questions, and confronting her with her own inconsistencies. So the lies get bigger. It was one guy, then two guys, now it's a gang! They're following her round, her life is in danger! They want the reward money!

And AS still only has one question - where is Gannon?

He doesn't seem to care that she's a victim, that her life is in danger, that she's homeless and missing her 'family'. Gannon, Gannon, Gannon. She's long since killed Gannon, but she can't seem to escape him, like Lady Macbeth, like Poe and his telltale heart. It's not guilt that's making him haunt her, it's the care and concern of others for him, something she cannot comprehend at all. She's frustrated and angry. She's being denied the things she wanted, freedom from Gannon, a family built to conform to her wants, a doting spouse, a career in the air and the salary that goes with it, all the things she thought would flow naturally to her with Gannon's death. She can't see that her logic from the beginning was deeply flawed. She just sees it as others thwarting her for no good reason. And we know what happens to people who become obstacles to her.

As Pratchett's character Granny Weatherwax said, "Sin is when you treat people like things."

LS treated Gannon like a thing. An inconvenient, removable thing. She never saw him as a person.

Everything above is very much my speculation and opinion only, with one exception. Granny Weatherwax and all the wonderful things she said belong to the estate of the late Sir Terry Pratchett.

Last edited:
And while jealousy is a motive for murder, it is not a symptom of insanity, or a justification for violence.

She did this, and did it with nothing but her own selfish wants in her head. The reaction to Gannon's disappearance confused her, because she saw him as disposable, so why all the fuss? They focussed on her early, and even when she told people at length about her being a victim, about her trying to save Gannon, about her looking for Gannon, they just kept asking more and more questions, and confronting her with her own inconsistencies. So the lies get bigger. It was one guy, then two guys, now it's a gang! They're following her round, her life is in danger! They want the reward money!

He doesn't seem to care that she's a victim, that her life is in danger, that she's homeless and missing her 'family'. Gannon, Gannon, Gannon. She's long since killed Gannon, but she can't seem to escape him, like Lady Macbeth, like Poe and his telltale heart. It's not guilt that's making him haunt her, it's the care and concern of others for him, something she cannot comprehend at all. She's frustrated and angry. She's being denied the things she wanted, freedom from Gannon, a family built to conform to her wants, a doting spouse, a career in the air and the salary that goes with it, all the things she thought would flow naturally to her with Gannon's death. She can't see that her logic from the beginning was deeply flawed. She just sees it as others thwarting her for no good reason. And we know what happens to people who become obstacles to her.

As Pratchett's character Granny Weatherwax said, "Sin is when you treat people like things."

LS treated Gannon like a thing. An inconvenient, removable thing. She never saw him as a person.

Very much my speculation and opinion only.

This is an outstanding post @iamshadow21, Totally hit the nail on the head!.

Surprised to see your post but understand it. I am not worried. It really doesn’t matter what my thoughts are as I sit here posting away with no knowledge of narcissistic personality disorder. It only matters what the jury decides and CO law, and I am confident as to the totality of the circumstances shown throughout the trial (still 4 weeks left of trial) and common sense tell you that the defendant in my opinion will be found guilty as charged as noted by the State.

In addition, DID defendant is not, but again what do I know? This is all a matter of opinion. Defendant’s actions clearly show she knows right from wrong. Additionally, O/T, the James Holmes case is an interesting read.

Ah, but what made me post is the number of WSers and users on other online forums all saying "she's crazy." Sometimes jurors go with their own gut feelings.

She's truly the most unsympathetic criminal in recent US history, probably of this century, so far. She's certainly the worst living murderer, IMO.

Thank you (and @Kiranerys ) for reassuring me. I've been trying not to think of this angle as much as I can, because I am hoping that the facts surrounding the carpet (the mystery of the two fires may be resolved to some degree by fiber analysis).

I am hoping that Harley's testimony buries her, as Harley must sure contend that she did not think her mother insane at the time. OTOH, Harley could have a different view. The defense ought to have tried to claim she was schizophrenic, though, so that's a positive sign for me. Dr Lewis is going to testify that DID is more disabling than schizophrenia, I would imagine. The State's psychiatrist will be more believable, though.

IMO. I just want so badly for deliberations to be swift and a guilty verdict, as do we all.

Very much my speculation and opinion only.
My jaw just hit the ground. You came at this cognitively thinking. I agree on every paragraph.
**The reaction to Gannon's disappearance confused her.

'the front people', lol... what a self aggrandizer... makes it sound like she's clearing the Triangle Shirtwaist fire.
That’s why my fav witness was Bethel. Favorite conversation:

Det Bethel: "Dr. What!?"
Letecia: "Dr. Stauch"
Det Bethel: "Is that like a Dr. Pimple Popper kinda thing?"

I mean seriously…..she wasn’t taking anything from this lying witch.

She's truly the most unsympathetic criminal in recent US history, probably of this century, so far. She's certainly the worst living murderer, IMO.
RSBM.

She's neck and neck with Chris Watts for me, but there aren't many of recent years who come close to those two. For those still at trial or pretrial, Lori Vallow's up there. As is Leilani Simon.

What can I say, I just hate folks who kill kids because they decide those precious little people are inconveniences.

MOO

Last edited:
My jaw just hit the ground. You came at this cognitively thinking. I agree on every paragraph.
**The reaction to Gannon's disappearance confused her.
A lifetime of trying to understand other people and their motivations comes in useful occasionally. Just don't ask me to do small talk.

My autistic opinion only.

Well, for us here it is indeed all a matter of opinion. For the psychiatric experts still to come, it is a bit more than that - it will be expert opinion.

And then, the jury (not expert in mental health issues at all) gets to decide. I agree that common sense dictates a guilty verdict, but I read the news first thing in the morning and it is filled with people acting against common sense. And some people really do make decisions based on what they call their "gut" as opposed to using reason and common sense. So, for me, I have to protect my own mental health by being ready for anything.

I agree there's no way she's DID. They definitely should have tried to go with schizophrenia, what with her talking to herself and wanting to plug her ears (so she can listen only to the interior voices - schizophrenics also use airpods to calm themselves, she mentions using them in the police interview). Too late now. :)

IMO.

Everything above is very much my speculation and opinion only, with one exception. Granny Weatherwax and all the wonderful things she said belong to the estate of the late Sir Terry Pratchett.
YES!!! Totally agree and such a beautiful well-written post.

I've known a few crazy people but none of them were what is normally called 'insane.' I remember my parents using the expression that someone was "crazy like a fox" and that fits her pretty well. I believe she will be found guilty.

...So, for me, I have to protect my own mental health by being ready for anything...
True, you have to be ready for anything. Sometimes the sentence is outrageously short for the brutality inflicted on an innocent child.

I started thinking about the Zara Baker case I followed back in 2010. (The girl had lost a leg to bone cancer.) The Stepmother only got a max sentence of 18 yrs., :mad: but then while in prison she got involved in dealing drugs, and got 10 yrs. added to her prison stay.

One of the many cases, reminding me of me of this case. Sometimes there's one Juror, or the sentence doesn't seem long enough for the horror inflicted on a child. The stepmother had a troubled past in Zara's case, too, and illnesses. Then, she married Zara's father.

How will we all feel if Letecia gets a shorter sentence than life behind bars?

"By the time she met Adam, she had largely detached herself from society, immersed in an online world of assumed identities and grandiose stories about her past, according to records and friends."

...I remember my parents using the expression that someone was "crazy like a fox" and that fits her pretty well. I believe she will be found guilty.
Exactly! "Crazy like a Fox" describes it perfectly. I'm sure Jurors have heard that expression before, and may already be thinking it.

True, you have to be ready for anything. Sometimes the sentence is outrageously short for the brutality inflicted on an innocent child.

I started thinking about the Zara Baker case I followed back in 2010. (The girl had lost a leg to bone cancer.) The Stepmother only got a max sentence of 18 yrs., :mad: but then while in prison she got involved in dealing drugs, and got 10 yrs. added to her prison stay.

One of the many cases, reminding me of me of this case. Sometimes there's one Juror, or the sentence doesn't seem long enough for the horror inflicted on a child. The stepmother had a troubled past in Zara's case, too, and illnesses. Then, she married Zara's father.

How will we all feel if Letecia gets a shorter sentence than life behind bars?

Another despicable parent. Oh how I remember that one well! They are all so horribly sad!

Letecia Stauch trial live stream: Letecia's interview with investigators

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but regarding the theory that LS may have been planning to "get rid of Gannon" by staging an accident during the hike, I found this exchange during her interrogation with Det. Bethel to be very telling.

At time stamp 2:46:22, LS is answering a question from Detective Bethel about what Gannon was like without his ADHD medicine.

LS: "So without his medicine, he could [unintelligible], like on the hike he might run wayyyy up there…and then we'd catch up. Ya' know, 'cause like that much energy."

Det. B: "Ok, and is that what is was like on Sunday?"

LS: "You mean the hike?"

Det. B.: "uh-huh"

LS: "Yeah. It was like, he had the bol–the burst of energy, but then his stomach [unintelligible]. When his stomach got hurt,"
-------LS then says something unintelligible, and she basically goes on to say that when Gannon's stomach started hurting, he could control himself because he was focused on his body/his discomfort. She may have been referring to the discomfort of having a bowel movement in his pants, like I said, I couldn't understand part of what she said at the end, and then the detective goes on to ask about the gun.

Once again, to me, it seems like LS is accidentally giving a little truth/exposing her actual thought process regarding her ORIGINAL scheme of staging Gannon's murder as a hiking accident when she says that an unmedicated Gannon would get a sudden burst of energy and run ahead of the rest of the family. Also, she appears to almost say "bolt" but switches quickly to say "the burst of energy"; it's as if she accidentally said what she had originally PLANNED to tell everyone after pushing Gannon off a cliff during the hike, as in "Gannon and I were just walking, Leana was with Harley, and he just BOLTED off and when I finally caught up he was gone."

I think this matters because, along with her "poor unappreciated me" google searches, it hints at the premeditated nature of getting rid of Gannon. I think the hike was absolutely a failed attempt. And it only added to her rage and frustration.

Also, I still wonder if she planned on getting rid of his younger sister as well. I think she hated the fact that Landon would forever be in her life as long as LS and GS were in the picture. Get rid of them and she would be free to have the life she wanted with AS. We have seen how devious she is, how willing she is to hurt for her own gain, so why would she limit her plans to just getting rid of Gannon?

For me the most substantial evidence of an absence of any causative mental condition is the fact that she, rationally, made sure that Laina was kept busy outside the house through the crucial time.
I agree with you. She was able to stop herself from also killing Laina while she was insane (by her claim). IMO, if she was truly insane, she would not have limited her rampage to only Gannon. Her diabolical plot to create a LS approved family by eliminating 1 member is evil and reeks with the absence of love. The absence of love cannot compete with love. Love wins every time. She should have known you get love by giving love, not killing love.
jmo

“So, I don't remember the order of how we all ran out the house, but I know at that point I did... she ran out and I can't remember if I ran up to make sure they got in the truck or if she ran out by herself, I don't remember that part, but I do know that they were... they had gotten in the truck. I came back inside, run back downstairs and that's when I was trying to get Gannon, because I couldn't get... I didn't know how to get everybody at once, so, (inaudible) to get the front people out, you know, and then go.. then I ran back downstairs to get Gannon and then the fire was on the floor…….”

Word salad ad nauseum.

Letecia’s description of escaping the house on night of the fire is so convoluted. I hope we hear both Laina and Harley’s version. She manages to make it sound like they were dozens of people in the house. Was Harley even home? I thought her room was on the lower level with Gannon’s.

Then we have…

“So there was covers everywhere because the kids always get em out and leave a lot of covers laying around, all the time. I mean there's like 10 quilts and LOL's and blankets and all this. So, they were all right here, so, I take a whole bunch of them and I go and like, like, like, basically smash down on the sofa and the fire to put it out.”

Murphy here, man I’m old :) . Had to google “LOL’s”, they are children’s blankets and throws, usually weighted and with a theme. So, she is saying she had piles of blankets basically and used them all to snuff out a fire.

Shortly after in the same conversation…

LS - Like, he had a cover on, because he was sleeping on the sofa.

LE - What was he covered with?

LS - What do you mean?

LE - What kind of blanket... you'd mentioned there was LOL's, there was quilts.. what blanket was he using?

LS - Errrr I'm not sure, there was a couple that were there. There was a black... there.. I put them all back in that bin that was sitting... did you see...?

LE - I've never been in the house.

LE - Okay, there was black it was like a little furry.. there was (inaudible) ones, I don't remember specifically which one he had, but I know there was blankets in the area because we always (inaudible) mermaid one around, but the whole operation of when I grabbed em and put it out, I grabbed em all and done it.

LE - Okay. All right. Were any of them, like, damaged whenever that happened?

LS - Oh yeah. I left them all there and when I showed them that night that, you know, like, they were damaged or whatever.

So she left them all there, and no smell? Seriously? How did we go from 10+ to a couple?

Followed by...

So I got a burn and I was like, you know, Gannon started running at that point, because it wakes him up. He's realizing that the covers and everything's on fire, the carpets on fire and we all go outside. So, we get in Albert's truck and we drive and I drove off in panic, because I saw that I put the fire out, so, I knew that there was no, you know, like nothing wrong, like it wasn't gonna keep going. I drove off in panic because I was like 'oh my gosh, what do I do now?”

like 'oh my gosh, what do I do now?

How about....what
any other adult in America would do, call 911. I know of no one, who would believe the fire, as described was subdued and over. Smoldering and smoke just instantly disappeared?

So, Letecia (AKA hero) is in Al’s truck with 2 dogs, Gannon, Laina and Harley and anyone else? Going nowhere? Just because...???
You're not the only one going 'huh?' when she said LOL's. Had to listen again to make sure that's what she actually said. Still have no clue what a LOL cover is, after listening to her I was too drained to google it.

We just moved to the Florida panhandle, imagine my surprise when I was driving and saw a memorial on the side of the road that was where Gannon was discovered. I hope Justice is served for him.
I went looking for that the other day and couldn't locate it on google street view. Wasn't it just off the side road that runs parallel to the bridge? I do recall seeing a picture of it that looked like you were looking down over the side wall of the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine