CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why did you have to ask your mum for permission to open the door for pizza?"

Because LS told her not to open the door to anyone and LS would be watching the ring camera and there would be consequences if she didn't ask permission.

"Why did you have to ask your mum for permission to ope the door for pizza?"

Because LS told her not to open the door to anyone and LS would be watching the ring camera and there would be consequences if she didn't ask permission.
There was probably a pair of shoes she forgot to deal with and didn't want ppl to see them (photo HH was asked to send mom).

Court is now back in session.

Harley is back on stand. Jan 26th she and her mom are texting about the candle fire while Harley is still at work. In text, Letecia told her the cover that Gannon was wrapped in was on fire. She told Harley she burned her arm jumping on him.

Harley doesn't remember Letecia showing her burns on her arm when she got home that night.

Harley had to work the morning of Jan 27th, 2020. She says she left the house around 8 am. She had slept in the same bed with her mother the night before but texted her mother "are you here" that morning before leaving for work. Believes her mom wasn't in bed when she woke up.

Letecia sent Harley a picture of her dog Sadie while she was at work Jan 27th.

On Jan 27th, at 9:27 am Letecia texted her daughter "Omg something isn't right.”

Letecia then sent screen shots at 9:29 am on Jan 27th. They talked about how Gannon could somehow be related to bath salts.

At 4:20 pm, Jan 27th, Harley texted her mom that she just got off work. Letecia responded "Yay."

Harley got a text message from Gannon's phone on Jan 27th, day of Gannon's disappearance. Her understanding of the text was that Letecia, her mom, left her phone at home and if she needed anything to text Gannon's phone.

The text from Gannon's phone was at 10:37 am "Tecia left phone at home if you need her text me." and at 1:20 pm a text "You okay? Miss you.”

Harley said her mom always brought her phone everywhere and she says she felt it was unusual she left it at home. "It's just weird how this particular day she left her phone at home."

"When I get home, mom's upstairs just having normal conversation and she tells me she looked up on the internet how to remove fire stains from the carpet so she wanted me to go to the store and get that stuff.”

Said she saw her mom and Laina when she got home on the 27th, not Gannon. Harley tells court she asked where Gannon was and Letecia told her he was at a friend's house and she instructed him to come home at a particular time.

"She asked me to go to the dollar store to get the items she sent me because it was to clean the fire that happened downstairs the night before." Laina went with her to the Dollar store and it was her mom's idea to have Laina go with her.

Harley is reading receipt from the Dollar Tree showing she bought elastics, extra strength deodorizer, bubble gum, trash bags and cotton rounds

She remembers Gannon not returning home. Harley remembers they were going to all have sushi for dinner and her mom saying when he didn't come back "I guess he didn't want to eat sushi.”

Harley says her mom is strict about Harley and the kids coming home on time. She said her mom's demeanor was "worried" when he didn't come home when he was supposed to. She says they got in the car and drove to the friends' house and he wasn't there.

Letecia sent Harley a text at 7:08pm on Jan 27th asking "any luck" finding him. She said they all went out together at first to look then Harley took her car to go to look if he was at the school.

"I just thought he had ran away or was at his friends, that he didn't want to come home." She said she thought that because that was what she was told by her mom.

Letecia told her daughter she was going to stay home incase Gannon came home, so somebody would be there. Harley is out looking at the time and Letecia tells her Connor's mom is going to meet with her and go look with her while Letecia is waiting at home.

Harley asked if she needed to get anything for her mom and Letecia responded no and that she may need to go to the store.

Letecia told Harley not to answer the door for anyone. Harley said they had made a social media post about Gannon missing and she didn't want her answering the door for people.

"I remember we were in the car when it first happened, she was like 'what do I do? Do I call Albert.' She called Albert.”

Before police got there, Letecia asked Harley to look at Gannon's backpack. She said in his backpack he had a folder, and in the folder there was a Swisher Sweets cigar roll. "I didn't understand why it was in his backpack." Said it wasn't hidden.

Letecia texts Harley at 6:21 am on Jan 28th, 2020 that she is going to go see if people are out looking for Gannon.

Harley says she is a heavy sleeper. If her mom was in the basement and she was sleeping, she doesn't think she would have heard her.

At 7:31 am Harley sent a screen shot to Letecia. She said she was sending her screen shots about what people were posting about Gannon's disappearance.

On Jan 28th, Letecia asked Harley what shoes were at the door. Harley sent a picture of shoes at the front door.

Jan 28th morning, Letecia texted Harley to pull her car in the garage. Harley had figured that would be because people would be coming over with Gannon's disappearance.

When asked if Harley thought it was weird that her mom came back on Jan 28th in a rental car, she said "I was told they were going to be driving, searching for him (Gannon) and she didn't want to put miles on her car and Al's truck takes a lot of gas.”

On 4:26pm on Jan 28th, Harley texts her mom "Where did you?" Mom texts her "I'll text you in 10 minutes.”

Letecia then says "don't open for anyone." Harley said there was a bunch of stories and reasons why she was told she couldn't answer the door.

As of the afternoon of Jan 28th, Harley had been told different versions of what happened to Gannon. First, he was at a friends, then he was missing, then he must have been with his friend's older brother. Then, she remembers her mom saying "they are trying to frame me"

Harley texted her mom in the afternoon "where are you going." She said her mom's Life 360 app that always shows her mom's location was shut down and not showing her location.

Letecia texts Harley "Something isn't right. I think they are hiding something." Harley says that she said that after police were asking for hair brushes and tooth brushes.

Harley replies to Letecia "What do you think they are hiding" and Letecia didn't answer to that.

Harley explained that Al had Facetimed her on Jan 28th. They wanted Letecia to go to the police station where he was. Harley texted Letecia that Al wanted her to meet him there.

Jan 28th, 5:28pm Letecia texts Harley "What did Albert say to you" and Harley texts back "To tell you to come there" and Letecia says "I told him it was nonsense to go there again”.

Letecia is texting Harley asking for updates about what was going on at the house.

6:24 pm Jan 28th Letcia texts Harley "They are asking me dumb questions”

Harley texted her mom that she was talking to the news because Al let them in the house. Al was being interviewed by the news.

They are breaking for lunch recess

Moving on now to the day Stauch reported Gannon missing. Hunt is testifying that when she got home from work at 4:30 that day that Stauch made her and her stepsister leave the house to go to the dollar store to buy cleaning supplies.

Also heard testimony that earlier in the day, Hunt got a text stating if she needed to contact her mom to text Gannon's phone because Stauch had left her phone at home. Hunt said she thought that was a bit strange because her mom would usually take her phone everywhere.

On Jan. 28, the day after Gannon was reported missing, Stauch texts her daughter on two separate occasions telling her to "not open the door for anyone." Hunt testified that she was also unsure where her mother was on two different occasions that day.

Hunt additionally testified that she went to look for her mother's location via the Life360 App, but that her location wasn't available.

I think HH did a good job, but I think it's going to get really ugly here after lunch, if they walk her through the rest of the timeline of family coming out from SC, the Cousin It interview, then the trip to SC and the stop in Florida.

"Why did you have to ask your mum for permission to open the door for pizza?"

But yet LS wants the jury to believe she gave some stranger the front door code.

Harley testified saying she had to be at work around 8:30 a.m. on January 27, 2020, the day of Gannon’s disappearance. She said when she woke up in her parent’s bedroom, she didn’t know where her mom was.

Around 1:24 p.m., Letecia texted Harley saying “Omg something isn’t right.”

Then Letecia shared screenshots of text messages between her and Al, that were about Gannon asking about bath salts and hanging out with an older friend. “I didn’t even know we had bath salts, and I wouldn’t even think he would know what those are," said Harley.

Harley is testifying about how she received text messages on January 27 from Gannon’s phone, saying Letecia left her phone at home, and if she needed anything, to contact Gannon’s phone.

“Always brought her phone everywhere… It’s just weird how this particular day she left her phone at home," said Harley.

Harley testified about when she got home, that Letecia asked her to go to the dollar store and buy items to clean the carpet burn and what’s leftover from the fire. Harley said her mom told Harley to take Laina with her.

Harley said she was only at the home for a brief amount of time, and didn’t go downstairs and didn’t see Gannon. This was around 4:30 to 4:50 p.m. on January 27. She said she asked where Gannon was at, and Letecia told her he was with one of his friends.

A photo of the receipt from the dollar store was shown to jurors. Harley testified saying her mom asked her to buy cleaning supplies that included elastics, extra strength deodorizer, baking soda, baby oil, trash bags and cotton rounds.

Harley said when Gannon didn’t come home, they began searching for Gannon. When asked about her mom’s behavior, “She was worried. I remember we got in the car and we drove to his friend’s house. Laina walked up to the door and knocked to see if he was there, they said ‘no.’”

Harley said while she was driving around searching for Gannon, Letecia stayed home to wait for Gannon to come back. “I just thought that he had run away, was at his friend’s, didn’t want to come home,” said Harley.

When asked about Gannon's disappearance, Harley said, “I had heard first that he was at a friends’ house, then he was missing, and then that he must have been with his friends’ older brother.”

"And then that’s when she kept saying to me... 'They’re trying to frame me and people are thinking it’s me,'” said Harley referring to what Letecia told her.

The court is on a break until 1:30.

I think HH did a good job, but I think it's going to get really ugly here after lunch, if they walk her through the rest of the timeline of family coming out from SC, the Cousin It interview, then the trip to SC and the stop in Florida.
She has to make up her mind to do what is right for Gannon. And don’t look back.

I’ve changed my mind about H….she seems to have been totally controlled by LS. Mind & body.
She sounds like a 12 yr. old instead of a 20-ish year old. Sad
She does seem to be a very 'young' 20. But so smart, to finish high school in three years. My heart hurts for her - she hopefully is living a nice life in South Carolina and here she is back in Colorado 'at the scene of the crime'. If I were her I would have been dreading this. And seeing my mom after three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean