CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'This reminds me of that "Doctor" that Jodi Arias had come up to the stand and spew BS for a few days back in the days of that fiasco trial. ( I might be off on this as she might not of been a Dr and she might not have been on the stand for days but I'm pretty sure it was the same kind of BS) These 'professionals' get bamboozled by the lies and liars they are being paid to vindicate.
"Snow White and the seven dwarfs", Yes, I remember her well. LOL

Reagan? Huh?
The verdict resulted in widespread dismay. As a consequence, the United States Congressand a number of states revised laws governing when a defendant may use the insanity defense in a criminal prosecution. Idaho, Montana, and Utah abolished the defense altogether.[24] In the United States, before the Hinckley case, the insanity defense had been used in less than 2% of all felony cases and was unsuccessful in almost 75% of those trials.[21] Public outcry over the verdict led to the Insanity Defense Reform Act of 1984, which altered the rules for consideration of mental illness of defendants in federal criminal court proceedings.[5] In 1985, Hinckley's parents wrote Breaking Points, a book detailing their son's mental condition.[21]

Changes in federal and some state rules of evidence laws have since excluded or restricted the use of testimony of an expert witness, such as a psychologist or psychiatrist, regarding conclusions on "ultimate" issues in insanity defense cases, including whether a criminal defendant is legally "insane",[25] but this is not the rule in most states.[26]

John Hinckley Jr. - Wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member