CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have repeated the word if the witness hadn't used it herself. I also have a problem with people holding up IQ as equivalent to morality or being a good citizen (EDIT: this is not pointed at anyone, just in general). Plenty of people with low IQs hold down jobs, have families and community ties, and never see the wrong side of bars.

I think LS's primary problem is arrogance and an inflated sense of her own specialness. She made ridiculous choices and mistakes because she assumed she was smarter than everybody, not because she wasn't or was.

I think this argument the witness stated 'she must be crazy because she's smart' is very close to the opening statement of 'she must have been crazy because sane people don't murder children'. When the fact is, sane people kill kids all the time, for all kinds of reasons.

Neither argument holds water.

MOO

Couldn't agree more. I just don't think Letecia can use developmental/cognitive delays/issues as an excuse. Letecia is of at least average intelligence.

I can't make heads or tails from what Dr. L is trying to establish, myself. It's all over the place. There are certain diagnoses that do require a person to be at least average in intelligence esp. if it's a field (non-clinical) diagnosis like the one that Dr L is pushing. She was never T's treating physician. She's just an interviewer/short term observer.

I am also irritated that the Defense doesn't have to play the tapes of what LS said to Dr L, unlike what the State had to do.

IMO.

Gannon was assaulted over hours and hours, all of which T recalled.

My take on this expert:

I liked T. She's smart. She didn't seem the sort to do this.

I'm going to go bury some bologna and see what comes of it.

10ofRods, where are you?

I'm here! I've been chiming in. And, as usual, I'm in California, ha. Wish I could be in CoSprings, because I think Dr L is very uncomfortable in the stand (and has inappropriate affect, really, which I take to mean she's nervous). It would be easier to sense in person.

IMO.

Why is she allowed to discuss the EEGs she would have liked to have done and why the results might have indicated? She stating it as if the EEG had actually been done.

IMO this is so wrong.
She's also talking about the EEGs as proving seizures. She said earlier in her testimony that brain scans cannot prove DID.

So, what is it? It's everything.

What the other psychs saw as inconsistencies, Dr. Lewis sees as proof unicorns are real.

MOO

Gannon was assaulted over hours and hours, all of which T recalled.

My take on this expert:

I liked T. She's smart. She didn't seem the sort to do this.

I'm going to go bury some bologna and see what comes of it.
Huge disrespect to people with acquired or traumatic brain injuries..
pick a symptom..
Disgusted.

'This reminds me of that "Doctor" that Jodi Arias had come up to the stand and spew BS for a few days back in the days of that fiasco trial. ( I might be off on this as she might not of been a Dr and she might not have been on the stand for days but I'm pretty sure it was the same kind of BS) These 'professionals' get bamboozled by the lies and liars they are being paid to vindicate.

'This reminds me of that "Doctor" that Jodi Arias had come up to the stand and spew BS for a few days back in the days of that fiasco trial. ( I might be off on this as she might not of been a Dr and she might not have been on the stand for days but I'm pretty sure it was the same kind of BS) These 'professionals' get bamboozled by the lies and liars they are being paid to vindicate.
I remember her! The Dr who testified to DV? Alice Laviolette? She was hark work, but nothing compares to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70