CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM -
That's an interesting comment and reminds me of my best friend.
She committed suicide, hung herself. I discovered her on the garret.

Some days earlier, she came to my house as she didn't feel well and wanted to be in company.
I had told her that she's welcome whenever she wanted.
We were in the kitchen talking while I was doing the dishes. Once there was a silent moment and my whole body & mind got frozen. She was in my back standing behind the kitchen table and without looking to her I was "convinced" she was aiming with a gun on me and going to shoot.
It all was only in my imagination but it was paralysing.
2 days later I found her dead.
A couple of days later I seeked to speak with her psy (shrink?) and told him about the imagined shooting. I understood that I was very right... Her illness had created huge aggressions but in the ultimate moment something pushed her to direct them against herself instead of others. It could very well have been the contrary.

You had a paralyzing aura..... those are so strange, I agree. ((hug))

HAHA! The weight gain again...I honestly have no idea why this tickles me so much!

Dr. Klug: "I put him in the alternate category" because he said the written portfolio was very good, but he felt from the interview the defendant wasn't very interested in the program.

Likes0

anica.padilla

Dr. Klug: Says he felt the defendant was "disinterested," "cocky"

Likes0

anica.padilla

Dr. Klug: Didn't believe he would see the defendant again after the interview, but a few weeks later the defendant asked to rotate in his lab.

Likes0

anica.padilla

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 4m4 minutes ago
#theatershooting
He is giving credentials. Assistant professor

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Entry grad level students have been in his lab. Usually a couple of students each year. Interviewed JH in 11'
The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Was JH mentor for 1st lab
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
He interviewed Holmes for Ph.D. program and was mentor for one of his labs. Said Holmes has gained weight since then. #theatershooting
The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting
He interviewed JH in 2011 for 30 minutes. Review sent in afterwards. Impression was “alternate” student

#theatershooting
This was based on his written portfolio which was amazing but JH didn’t seem interested. Answered ?’s shortly.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Klug doesn't think Holmes was very interested in the program #theatershooting #theatertrial

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 55s55 seconds ago
#theatershooting
Other words used to describe JH - “cocky” in report

in response to asking if the transcript has been released yet.....

@LisaReid: Not yet. It's been mid-day for past releases. We'll let you know with a link ASAP

Likes0

anica.padilla

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 46s47 seconds ago
#theatershooting
Impression - thought JH had likely interviewed before and been accepted and wasn’t into this intreview.

Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Holmes seemed cocky too. Klug thought maybe another school offered him a spot #theatershooting #theatertrial

#theatershooting
Few weeks later JH emailed witness to ask if her could be part of his lab.Started in June to get ahead. Prof. let him in

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 56s57 seconds ago
#theatershooting
Correction - start in july. Shadowed student already in to see where he would like to focus studies on.

Dr. Klug: Explaining how his lab and employees are paid through research grants

Likes0

anica.padilla

Dr. Klug: "The big question is to find out how the brain processes information" he explains he is trying to investigate "how can you understand the speaker you're interested in while there are all kinds of distracted noises."

Likes0

anica.padilla

#theatershooting
Prof. would suggest research project to work on

Mr. Brauchler and his silly comments

"When I hear lab, I think of a bunch of dudes running around in white lab coats and funny Frankenstein electricity things shooting off "

Dr. Klug: Says defendant would have been quickly introduced to experiments involving rodents, eventually was able to do the work on his own.

Likes0

anica.padilla









#theatershooting
The labs had 3-4 full-time employees. Paid for by funding. His lab focused on auditory systems - how brain processes sound

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 48s49 seconds ago
#theatershooting
They focused on situations that had background noises (such as a crowded bar). Also used animals for research

Dr. Klug: Confirms he also taught the Systems Neuroscience class, a 3x week class, that the defendant was in

Likes0

anica.padilla

#theatershooting
JH started out with rodent work. He shadows with someone and progressed to working independently

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 52s52 seconds ago
Holmes was assigned "rodent work" in the lab #theatershooting #theatertrial

#theatershooting
The field is VERY competitive. 40hrs minimum a week. Read current literature, constantly think about your project
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Klug's lab looks at how brain processes info. To understand how brain filters background noise to focus on conversations #theatershooting
#theatershooting
Professor was also a lecturer in a class JH took on Neuroscience. 3x a week for 2hrs. Lecture, reading, presentations
The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 52s53 seconds ago
#theatershooting
Class was after lab rotation from Jan-March 2012

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
As part of the lab work, they used gerbils. Holmes was involved in that work. #theatershooting

#theatershooting
Witness looking at mid-term exam turned in by JH

Dr. Klug: "he was generally very quiet" he says about defendant, even though it was a small class. "He was one of the students who would mostly only talk when he was asked a question." Adds that he was "quite good in the class"

Likes0

anica.padilla

Dr. Klug: Gave the defendant an A in the class

Likes0

anica.padilla

as good as it gets............there are no A pluses

so he's book smart ..... maybe they mistook him for "book nerd/low social skills" aka Aspergers....instead of some type of mental illness that interfered with his personal interactions

"Cocky" seems to be a good adjective for JH. That is what comes to mind when I saw him a few times in the news.

Yesterday we had brought up a previous analysis of some other school that said to "never accept him under any circumstances" or something like that. I hope we get more details on why that person said that about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member