CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting
As student, JH quiet (6-8 students), constantly call on people. Only talked when asked. He answered and was good in class

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
Class was only 6-8 students "Hard to hide". #theatershooting
The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting
Raw intelligence - he was one of the best the witness had ever met
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Holmes in class was very quiet. It was only around 6 students per class. Holmes was very smart #theatertrial #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Klug: "He was quite good in that class. .. He was one of the best I have ever met or known" #theatershooting

#theatershooting
He was prompt. He was essentially academically brilliant. JH got a straight A in that lecture class.
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Holmes was polite and professional and turned in his homework. He had a straight A. #theatershooting #theatertrial

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 43s44 seconds ago
#theatershooting
Prof explains on answer, they want original answers. Not regurgitated. Hypothetical questions - thinking answers.

#theatershooting
JH did that very well

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 34s35 seconds ago
#theatershooting
Sad to think that JH could have saved many lives one day with his academic brilliance but chose to take many lives

so he's book smart ..... maybe they mistook him for "book nerd/low social skills" aka Aspergers....instead of some type of mental illness that interfered with his personal interactions

Perhaps him getting good grades is always what fooled people. It is hard to imagine someone that gets good grades being sick in the head.

I would be fooled too. I would make the mistake of assuming if he got good grades, he had to be normal to be able to do that.

ETA: I just thought of someone similar. The guy that crashed the plane recently in the mountains. He seemed smart enough to be a pilot but had mental issues. He must have fooled lots of people too.

anica has tuned out :giggle:

Perhaps him getting good grades is always what fooled people. It is hard to imagine someone that gets good grades being sick in the head.

I would be fooled too. I would make the mistake of assuming if he got good grades, he had to be normal to be able to do that.

I question/wonder if this will play against the mental illness defense:thinking:

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershoThe Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting
Could hire someone who would put in the hours. JH would do what he was told but wouldn’t show any initiative

oting lab - JH lacked effort. Hours not put in - got in late, long lunch, left early. Witness thought he was not interested
#theatershooting
At end of lab, there was a burst of initiative with him. JH had to give powerpoint on his results to peers

#theatershooting
He eventually got a very good product together in the end. (Printout shown to witness

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 57s57 seconds ago
Holmes didn't show initiative till the end #theatershooting #theatertrial

Dr. Klug says he also used the "green, yellow, red" evaluation system. Yellow means intermediate score. Defendant scored yellow in 2 categories related to time management. Did not get any red scores.

Likes0

anica.padilla

she heard me :D

#theatershooting
End of rotation eval. for JH by professor. Uses Green, Yellow, Red color code as yesterday’s witness used

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol · 36s36 seconds ago
#theatershooting
No reds, a lot of greens, some yellows:

Yellow: Time used effectively, Time in lab

Dr. Klug is reviewing emails between himself and the defendant.

Likes0

anica.padilla

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 45s46 seconds ago
CU professor: Aurora #theatershooting defendant was quiet but "cocky" student. http://dpo.st/1IN9fe0

#theatershooting
Email from August 2011 from JH shown to prof. seeking guidance on what he should do to improve his presentation

holy cow.... y'all weren't kidding about the white noise!!!

#theatershooting
Other emails from NOV. 10 days leading up to final presentation

Uh oh...seems I share a quality with JH!

Procrastinate like nobody else...but when push comes to shove, I rally and get it done, almost always very well!

holy cow.... y'all weren't kidding about the white noise!!!

"White Noise"

I always think of that movie when this is mentioned. LOL

I cant get the video to work on this laptop I am using today so am relying on reading everyones great posts. THANKS EVERYONE.

I have my other laptop that works with videos and just dont have it hooked up right now.

Objection overruled, email evidence admitted.

Likes0

anica.padilla

Anyone else having issues with stream being interrupted? Is this on their end? I am assuming it is, but wanted to check with y'all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06