CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Nelson is up and rambling on. She loves the sound of her own voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Defense wants jurors questioned about the #LafayetteShooting and the media coverage. #theatershooting

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
Defense: Media stating possible "copy cat" #lafayetteshooting to JH in #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Victims in this case have spoken to the media about the Louisiana theater shooting

Alan Gionet ‏@AlanGTV · 34s35 seconds ago  Denver, CO
Defense in #theatershooting trial claiming jury likely effected by Louisiana theater shooting. Ask judge 2 poll jury

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
Defense claims media stated #LafayetteShooting was a copy cat of what JH did #theatershooting

Rick Sallinger ‏@ricksallinger · 1m1 minute ago
Defense wants inquiry of the jury regarding exposure to Louisiana #theatershooting coverage.

I still wonder if the shooter feels proud of what they keep saying that he inspired this shooting

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 49s49 seconds ago
12 or 19 #TheaterShooting jurors just raised their hands when asked if they knew about an incident in Lafayette, Louisiana last week

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 36s36 seconds ago
Many hands were raised when judge asked if jurors were exposed to the #LafayetteShooting #theatershooting

What does this mean for the trial?

Judge Samour asks if jurors were exposed to coverage of Louisiana movie theater shooting. Jurors 17, 329, 661, 87, 1009, 118, 155, 673, 706, 737, 307 and 557 all said yes. The 12 jurors/alternates who said they were exposed to media coverage of the Louisiana movie theater shooting will be questioned individually about the impact. anica.padilla 7News

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 1m1 minute ago
Judge will now question 12 #TheaterShooting jurors familiar with Lafayette shooting, one-by-one, to ask if it will impact their decision.

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 25s26 seconds ago
Aurora #TheaterShooting: 12 jurors/alternates who said they saw media coverage of Louisiana theater shooting will be questioned separately.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
12 #theaterShooting jurors consumed news about Lafayette theater shooting. Judge will poll them individually. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1U29N3N

Whether or not this could influence this case about a second shooting

So if they are deemed to be influenced would this part of the trial be declared a mistrial?

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 40s41 seconds ago
Aurora #TheaterShooting: 12 jurors/alternates who said they saw media coverage of Louisiana theater shooting will be questioned separately.

Each juror will be asked how much media coverage were they exposed to, whether it mentioned the Aurora theater shooting and if it impact their ability to be impartial in this case. anica.padilla 7News

Judge is now speaking with each juror separately to make sure that their knowledge of the LA theater shooting will not influence him/her in this case.

So if they are deemed to be influenced would this part of the trial be declared a mistrial?

possible---but they have alternatives.....Defense wants a mistrial-(they always do)

Ann O'Neill ‏@AnnoCNN · 1m1 minute ago
12 in the #JamesHolmes trial say the were exposed to publicity about the Louisiana theater shooting. So now we quiz them. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 57s58 seconds ago  Longmont, CO
A juror heard a reference to the Louisiana #theatershooting. Judge Samour is questioning her now.

possible---but they have alternatives.....Defense wants a mistrial-(they always do)

They certainly do. I hope this doesn't stop the trial.

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 6m6 minutes ago
Aurora #TheaterShooting jurors being asked how much they saw about Louisiana shooting, if it mentioned Aurora and if they can be impartial

Ann O'Neill ‏@AnnoCNN · 10m10 minutes ago
Judge asking each Holmes juror about what they heard abt the other #theatershooting. There are 12. This will take a while.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 45s45 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Juror 87 in courtroom. She was exposed to her son mentioning the Louisiana theater shooting

Everytime the Judge asks the jurors to "promise me" --- I keep expecting "pinky swear" (mother of girls :blushing:--we did a lot of "pinky swears/promises")

This is pathetic....give Nelson an inch and she takes a mile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02