CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was a brief thing. It was my son saying something," Juror 87 said about her exposure to the Louisiana theater shooting Juror 87: "He said it was another theater shooting, but I didn't want to know, basically, that's why I blew him off." anica.padilla

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
So far the jurors weren't exposed to much except the #lafayetteshooting happened #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Not much exposure to media coverage of this case or Louisiana shooting by the jurors

What does "blew him off" mean? Ignored him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 55s56 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting Juror says she saw 3 words on TV crawl reading "LA theater shooting." That's it. Reflective of what other jurors have said.

Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 2m2 minutes ago
Judge in Aurora #theatershooting trial questioning several jurors who say they saw some coverage of Louisiana theater shooting. 1/2

Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 1m1 minute ago
All CO #theatershooting trial jurors are saying they had only brief exposure to the LA story, and does not affect their impartiality. 2/2

What does this mean for the trial?

Nuttin' honey, unless a jury says he/she was influenced by news coverage of the LA theater shooting.

Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 1m1 minute ago
All CO #theatershooting trial jurors are saying they had only brief exposure to the LA story, and does not affect their impartiality. 2/2

Maybe this has been discussed but this voir-dire of the jurors and their exposure to the LA story really points to the need to sequester this jury during these final days...look at the time this took...one is up now having looked for 2 minutes at the internet...she clearly did not immediately get off...sorry but is too important too much tax dollars spent already...get them a hotel and finish this up!!!

I'm quite surprised that jurors admit to watching the news. If I was on the jury I would avoid news/Internet/media until after the trial.

#theatershooting

This juror knew a bit more about the shootings, that shooter was in 50’s and 3 dead

#theatershooting

She saw it on the internet, says she was being “dumb” - saw link and clicked on it.

#theatershooting

Read the article for 2 min.

#theatershooting

We may have our 1st dismissed juror with this information.

She knows A LOT about it. More than the other jurors

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 2m2 minutes ago
Juror 673 said she saw media coverage of the Louisiana theater shooting on the Internet.
"I was being dumb," she said. #theatershooting

Nuttin' honey, unless a jury says he/she was influenced by news coverage of the LA theater shooting.

I wonder if anyone would admit to this. I'm impressed they've admitted to hearing about the other shooting.

Carol McKinley ‏@CarolAMcKinley · 2m2 minutes ago
Juror 673 is alt. The one who reported juror with conf call. @ timeSamour called her "the most honest of all of the jurors #theatershooting
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Said her hubby said “You shouldn’t know anything about it” Juror - "you’re probably right

Alan Tuerkheimer ‏@atuerkheimer · 1m1 minute ago
@thegoldpatrol to #theatershooting jurors aware #lafayetteshooting perp is dead it may affect moral assessment of fairness and just desserts

#theatershooting

This was juror 673 by the way

Oops, I think the juror is out!

It's interesting to me that when one of the DT attys wants to discuss something privately, they don't go to King, they go to some other atty. Makes me go, "Hmmmmm."

Carol McKinley ‏@CarolAMcKinley · 2m2 minutes ago
Juror 673 is alt. The one who reported juror with conf call. @ timeSamour called her "the most honest of all of the jurors #theatershooting
#theatershooting

Said her hubby said “You shouldn’t know anything about it” Juror - "you’re probably right

Alan Tuerkheimer ‏@atuerkheimer · 1m1 minute ago
@thegoldpatrol to #theatershooting jurors aware #lafayetteshooting perp is dead it may affect moral assessment of fairness and just desserts

#theatershooting

This was juror 673 by the way

I think she is off...I agree with DT on this one...I think jduge going to put her off...great so they have to start again ?

I just had to tell my 19 yo off for this today!

mine were appalled that when I take off from home Wednesday morning I will pop into their rooms to say bye and love you and it will be at or around 4:00 am----oh well! I'm the mommy!!! (they don't care for the idea--but oh well)

I think she is off...I agree with DT on this one...I think jduge going to put her off...great so they have to start again ?

before or after Friday I don't care she did not follow judge's orders....they simply should not be watching any news.

mine were appalled that when I take off from home Wednesday morning I will pop into their rooms to say bye and love you and it will be at or around 4:00 am----oh well! I'm the mommy!!! (they don't care for the idea--but oh well)

Lol! They will probably sleep right through it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member