CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Metzner says JH mental illness impaired his capacity from knowing the wrongfulness of his actions

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 47s48 seconds ago
JH knew right from wrong at time of crime but he's still seriously mentally ill according to Dr Metzner #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Metzner says JH mental illness impaired his capacity from knowing the wrongfulness of his actions

#theatershooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 58s59 seconds ago
#theatershooting

2. Someone w. dementia - wide range of impairment

Is anyone buying this testimony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the mitigation phase of the sentencing hearing. The defense is trying to convince the jury that the gunman should not be put to death because he has a severe mental disease or defect anica.padilla 7news

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Metzner says JH psychosis impaired his ability to know right/wrong

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 2m2 minutes ago
Dr. Metzner: "I can come up with no other explanation for what he did... his mental illness impacted his judgment.” #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 48s48 seconds ago
#theatershooting

@ time of shooting, JH mental illness = he tried to make shootings impersonal

#theatershooting

Big statement

Haven't the jury already decided that the shooter was NOT psychotic in July 2012?

And why does this Dr keep saying "as I previously testified"?

I totally agree. It is hard to listen to more of this kind of testimony.

Is anyone else surprised at the direction of Dr. Metzner's testimony?

I am Chelly. Thing is, I can't compare his testimony to what he previously testified because I can't actually remember his testimony. I might go and have a quick look.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 8m8 minutes ago
Morning recess! In other words coffee time for me #theatershooting

Each of the attorneys has his/her own specialty in this case. Certain attorneys are assigned to certain witnesses.
Yes, I know, but just noticing that he hasn't has a witness up there lately, and the other attys don't seem to consult him when they need to have a little quiet conversation. Maybe it's just me... :)

I am Chelly. Thing is, I can't compare his testimony to what he previously testified because I can't actually remember his testimony. I might go and have a quick look.

I will be eager to hear Mr. GB

This Dr. is confusing....Could have? Maybe? This or that?

Is anyone buying this testimony?

Not a nickel's worth. Yes, he does have a mental illness, but he was able to function at a pretty high level, IMO, both scholastically and criminally during those months before and after the incident. He didn't fall apart until he went for days without eating or drinking.

I've always had a problem with the "But for, mental illness..." way back when King used it in his opening. Then when the docs stated it. They are 'seeing into the future, like they're able to predict the future. They can't predict the future, is what I'm trying to say.
There is no way they can say wouldn't have happened! If he didn't have mental illness, maybe he would've planned this at any point! MOO, KWIM

I just had a quick look at the dr's testimony. He did talk about the shooter having a delusion (killing would increase self worth) but he insisted he knew right from wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member