CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!!!!! Love to see my sister--Love Georgia---Just hate the plane ride! Still uncertain how I'm getting from airport to her house--(I have to watch some pups for a two days)--

Coming to ATL !!!???

I felt uncomfortable with a lot of that testimony. I thought that the Judge said no calling the shooter "jimmy"? Am I wrong? I also felt uncomfortable when the atty's kept asking if the witness still supported the shooter and all that other crap they thru in....creeps me out! then when they ask if he was a good boy---:gaah:

I think it's beginning to work against the Defense -- all these folks saying how polite and "nice" he was. Never mean or aggressive, grew up in a perfect family. Did none of them see some of his MI creep in? Even at the high school level? So, did he just wake up one morning with some type of full-blown schizo-related illness? Makes one wonder...

What an odd trial day. Hope we're back on track Monday and hope zoey has a nice trip to GA.
:seeya:

Just want to add very productive afternoon---vacuumed, changed beds, bathrooms --- and cleaned! Good times!

You did a lot more than the Defense Team did! And you have something to show for it!!

Does anyone know why the defense team wanted Monday off?

Since the Judge set a time, I gather he refused the defense teams request.

Thanks.

Does anyone know why the defense team wanted Monday off?

Since the Judge set a time, I gather he refused the defense teams request.

Thanks.

It was probably about the sick juror who had a sinus infection.She was going to the doctor on Friday (to get antibiotics?) and thought she would be better by Monday. They said she sounded pretty sick though.

http://live.denverpost.com/Event/LIVE_BLOG_The_Aurora_Theater_Shooting_Trial

9:08 am
Higgs asked if defense attorneys could have an opportunity to meet with 17 out-of-state witnesses and check their schedules. She asked if it would be possible give the juror an extra day in case she doesn't feel better by Monday.

As someone in Louisiana (I live right in between New Orleans and Lafayette. I frequent both towns often. My brother lives in Lafayette and owns a business there.) I feel a need to chime in, I guess. I've been following this case in between a lot of different things, so I haven't really been commenting too much. My opinion is that JH has a mental illness and snapped, but did attempt to seek professional help. I feel that the psychiatrist he saw failed him and ultimately the community. I do think he deserves to be punished, but I also believe he needs to be helped. I believe mental illness should be treated more seriously than this nation does, than society seems to.

We live in a society where people are offended by everything, yet at the same time, our prison system is very corrupt and not designed to actually help prisoners, especially the ill and mentally ill. My family and I were lucky. My brother was not shot, nor was he at the theater in Lafayette. (He was working late.) But had the case with the shooter here been like JH, I think I'd feel the same way. If Jodi Arias can't get the death penalty because she's a woman, (and imo that crime was more evil than JH for many reasons), then I don't believe in sentencing JH to death.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

As someone in Louisiana (I live right in between New Orleans and Lafayette. I frequent both towns often. My brother lives in Lafayette and owns a business there.) I feel a need to chime in, I guess. I've been following this case in between a lot of different things, so I haven't really been commenting too much. My opinion is that JH has a mental illness and snapped, but did attempt to seek professional help. I feel that the psychiatrist he saw failed him and ultimately the community. I do think he deserves to be punished, but I also believe he needs to be helped. I believe mental illness should be treated more seriously than this nation does, than society seems to.

We live in a society where people are offended by everything, yet at the same time, our prison system is very corrupt and not designed to actually help prisoners, especially the ill and mentally ill. My family and I were lucky. My brother was not shot, nor was he at the theater in Lafayette. (He was working late.) But had the case with the shooter here been like JH, I think I'd feel the same way. If Jodi Arias can't get the death penalty because she's a woman, (and imo that crime was more evil than JH for many reasons), then I don't believe in sentencing JH to death.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

The evidence presented during the trial (I watched every single day - how's that for commitment!) showed the shooter to be a cold, calculating and very hateful person. He planned this crime meticulously, collecting weapons, ammunition, explosives, tear gas and body armour over many months.

At NO time did he tell his psychiatrist what he was planning. IF he genuinely wanted help he would have told her what he was going to do. The opposite is true. He did everything he could to conceal his intentions. He went about his everyday life (shopping for food, going to the gym, seeing his friends, paying his rent/bills, emailing his parents), while secretly planning this terrible shooting. He researched mental health on the Internet, clearly planning a defence if he was to be apprehended.

I don't doubt that there is some level of mental illness. But I don't believe (and neither did the jury) that he had a psychotic break. A psychotic break could be someone who grabs a knife from their kitchen and runs outside and stabs passers by. Not a person who spent months buying weapons and planning this atrocity.

The shooter hates people. He admitted that to Dr Reid. He wanted to murder people to make himself feel good. This deserves punishment (as you agree). Should he get the death penalty? I personally don't think so. There are, however, many who think he deserves the ultimate punishment for his actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, the JA punishment was not because she is a woman. The only reason she got LWOP is because there was one juror who refused to agree with the rest of the jury. She held out because she had a grudge against the prosecutor for sentencing her ex husband to prison some 15 years previously.

She denies this of course but the fact that she refused to even consider deliberating in the jury room almost caused her to be removed from the jury.

Wonder when we will learn if there will be court tomorrow?

The evidence presented during the trial (I watched every single day - how's that for commitment!) showed the shooter to be a cold, calculating and very hateful person. He planned this crime meticulously, collecting weapons, ammunition, explosives, tear gas and body armour over many months.

At NO time did he tell his psychiatrist what he was planning. IF he genuinely wanted help he would have told her what he was going to do. The opposite is true. He did everything he could to conceal his intentions. He went about his everyday life (shopping for food, going to the gym, seeing his friends, paying his rent/bills, emailing his parents), while secretly planning this terrible shooting. He researched mental health on the Internet, clearly planning a defence if he was to be apprehended.

I don't doubt that there is some level of mental illness. But I don't believe (and neither did the jury) that he had a psychotic break. A psychotic break could be someone who grabs a knife from their kitchen and runs outside and stabs passers by. Not a person who spent months buying weapons and planning this atrocity.

The shooter hates people. He admitted that to Dr Reid. He wanted to murder people to make himself feel good. This deserves punishment (as you agree). Should he get the death penalty? I personally don't think so. There are, however, many who think he deserves the ultimate punishment for his actions.

Hear, hear!

And as someone on Twitter so eloquently put it... "Just release him into general pop and let the problem take care of itself."

And might I add... I literally feel that juror's pain because I woke up this morning with the most godawful sinus pressure I've ever had in my life! So much so that I've been a little baby and cried about it several times today. :(
AND I'm scheduled to get my braces off on Wednesday & I really don't need this mess right now!

Wonder when we will learn if there will be court tomorrow?

Prolly not till tomorrow morning at about 9:00amMDT, 8:00amZoey time, 3:00pmMaisie time, 11:00amborndem time

I'm thinking the juror will be ready to go.

Did the DT ask for Monday off?

Prolly not till tomorrow morning at about 9:00amMDT, 8:00amZoey time, 3:00pmMaisie time, 11:00amborndem time

I'm thinking the juror will be ready to go.

Did the DT ask for Monday off?

At least we have time zones covered!!! 😊 lol

And might I add... I literally feel that juror's pain because I woke up this morning with the most godawful sinus pressure I've ever had in my life! So much so that I've been a little baby and cried about it several times today. :(
AND I'm scheduled to get my braces off on Wednesday & I really don't need this mess right now!

Feel better soon!! My first meal without braces was a big mac--i was 15 sooooo

Feel better soon!! My first meal without braces was a big mac--i was 15 sooooo

Oh I can't wait to bite into a sub (I'm really weird about food getting stuck in my teeth or braces... so I haven't eaten anything I couldn't pinch apart or eat with a fork... in almost a year!) But, the first thing I plan to eat is a LARGE bag of Salt & Vinegar potato chips! [emoji4]

Hi all you fab posters...
Haven't commented since 'the evil one's' trial, aka princess JA, but have been following this one closely. Thank goodness we got a guilty verdict.

I hope I'm attaching these pics correctly. I am seeing the creepiest thing in some still frames. Reid & Holmes interviews, iPad screen grabs. Am I crazy, or does it look like there's an arm encircling JH's upper torso & neck. Looks like a spiritual 'hold' of some sort. Am soo creeped out.

What do you guys think? TIA
P

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 33