CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Higgs saying that Christmas scenes in a video can be used as mitigation. Case law shows that religious belief can be a mitigator against the death penalty. And that would be fine if the shooter hadn't identified as atheist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM-

Hey, yeah- what about that?
What I thought about is victim's family- no family Christmases for them because of him!!!!!!!!

BBM-

Hey, yeah- what about that?
What I thought about is victim's family- no family Christmases for them because of him!!!!!!!!

And how awful will each Christmas be without their loved ones. Especially Ashley Moser :(

Higgs saying that Christmas scenes in a video can be used as mitigation. Case law shows that religious belief can be a mitigator against the death penalty. And that would be fine if the shooter hadn't identified as atheist!

BUT but..Def. will NOT even suggest such..It's obvious..Def. is relying on his parent's beliefs and actions supersede that of the murderer!!

Anybody wondering just how parent's religious views impact what J. did? and mitigate that?? I don't/ course as a parent..I always reminded MY KIDS..what they do is NOT connected to me and I will not condone what they do..BUT will love them tho will be disappointed and hurt...That's been a constant since they were just little chitlin's!!!!

Point is..like has been mentioned earlier..I think sister was not forth coming and willing to bet the farm parent's will be similar..BUT evidence and actions speak louder than words..and this jury has to figure it all out...SMH

Many tweeting that sister says she loves him..BUT what she SHOULD have said "I love him">BUT HATE WHAT HE DID..Huge difference...as in allowing jury to hear that mean's despite of what he did they love him W/O any qualifications...NOT accurate..and also questioning full openness of sister..

No child goes into therapy (+parents) after one incident...I would love Pros. to bring in that therapist who actually dealt with reality of referral!! Def. opened that door.....IMO

I'm OUTTA here..see ya all in the morning except of Maisie....have a good evening folks!!

Did they quite constitutional rights of shooter

Higgs saying that Christmas scenes in a video can be used as mitigation. Case law shows that religious belief can be a mitigator against the death penalty. And that would be fine if the shooter hadn't identified as agnostic!

Edited - should have said agnostic not atheist.

I'm OUTTA here..see ya all in the morning except of Maisie....have a good evening folks!!

I'll be around. Need to pack at some point 😩. Hate packing

I can see what you mean and it does look scary!

Hi all you fab posters...
Haven't commented since 'the evil one's' trial, aka princess JA, but have been following this one closely. Thank goodness we got a guilty verdict.

I hope I'm attaching these pics correctly. I am seeing the creepiest thing in some still frames. Reid & Holmes interviews, iPad screen grabs. Am I crazy, or does it look like there's an arm encircling JH's upper torso & neck. Looks like a spiritual 'hold' of some sort. Am soo creeped out.

What do you guys think? TIA
P

I don't see anything... just his V-neck prison garb?

The Gold Patrol[emoji768] ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Chris wasn’t sure if FBI would take everything. She wanted that pic. (She is crying). She wanted 1 pic of them

The Gold Patrol[emoji768] ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Pic she took off - of them flossing. She looks at it occasionally. Feels sad, just sad

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 39s40 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting Holmes' sister says she took pic of her & brother off 9th grade autobiography board because she didn't want FBI to take it

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 46s46 seconds ago  Longmont, CO
Chris feels "sad, just sad" when she looks at this old photo of herself flossing with JH as kids. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Chris says she took a pic of JH and her off a board after shooting because she was worried the FBI would take everything #theatershooting

Of all the pictures for her to take, she chose to keep one of them flossing their teeth?

Granted, my brother is 5 years older than me and there are very few photos of us together. We were never really close because of the age gap (& by the time I turned 13, he'd already gone off to college & worked as a camp counselor during the summer semesters... & he got married right after his graduation. Plus, he was the more studious/homebody child and I was the more rebellious/social nightmare :))

BUT I can promise there's a few pictures of us being silly or cheesing in front of the camera together... IOW, certainly SOMETHING better than a picture of us flossing!

I feel badly for the sister (did the judge say she was under subpeona?) - she didn't kill all those people, and didn't create this situation. I'm sure she loves her brother, and probably has conflicting feelings about him now.
That being said, her answers sounded coached, such as why she had never written - (loving support really can't be used against JH by the prosecution) - maybe she had strong feelings about the crime, or maybe she just doesn't like to write, but the prosecution isn't really the cause.
I understand why there was no cross, but it would have been interesting. Especially if she was asked about 'Jimmy' always being a good sport, but hitting her in the face during basketball game when she was little.
Or why she never suspected JH was mentally ill because she doesn't know anything about mental illness, but it was clear that her aunt was mentally ill - inconsistency there.
Nevertheless, I feel bad for her - I don't think she wanted to be there, IMO, JMO

ITA: I felt like she really did it more for her parents sake... knowing how much they'd want her to... because she really talked more about how they were with her growing up than anything else.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Maisiebelle

So 40 witnesses. If each costs $250 each that's $10000!!!

and airfare----

And lodging, if needed. That $10000, etc., is a mere drop in a big bucket. This trial -- since it is a DP trial as well -- is gonna cost a lot of money. Big money. SMH. All those attorneys are costing lot$ and lot$. Expert$.

Higgs saying that Christmas scenes in a video can be used as mitigation. Case law shows that religious belief can be a mitigator against the death penalty. And that would be fine if the shooter hadn't identified as agnostic!

Edited - should have said agnostic not atheist.

How long will you be away? Will you still be able to follow the trial?

Till 8-16. Think I may follow briefly but not sure. Sister getting surgery and I'm her maid 😇

Edited - should have said agnostic not atheist.[/QUOTE]

How long will

ITA: I felt like she really did it more for her parents sake... knowing how much they'd want her to... because she really talked more about how they were with her growing up than anything else.

Yeah--i didn't get a big attachment there

CuteJenn & Buff,

See attached screen grab from the Dr. Reid videos. You can see what looks like an arm circling his upper torso. It moves with him. Hope you guys can see it- let me know if you need time code.

On the second pic, JH is reaching with right arm. There's a 'mirror-like' image resembling an arm across from his right arm- looks like it's under his shirt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 12
Till 8-16. Think I may follow briefly but not sure. Sister getting surgery and I'm her maid 

You are a sweet, good sister! I am an only child, so I never knew the love of a sibling or any of the rest.

I do think Chris Holmes loved her brother, still does (but...), and it sounds like JH was a little more "normal" in his growing-up years than he has been painted. I'm sure CH put forth the most positive picture of all of them that she could, but I do think the parents were good to them and for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia