CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it if we move to phase three victim impact statements which could be lengthy...I guess James Holmes can have those statements too but really wonder what more his family can say and how many would really get up...usually those questions of 'do you still care" and "would you visit" are asked during phase 3 but the defense did that in phase 2. Then I believe it is the jury that ultimately recommends life or death and that is the point where I think and history shows it is very very hard even after a trial like this for all 12 to agree....they say in voir dire they can do it but when actually faced with it...well many have just not done it. I think this could end with lwop.

I think the defence wanted to make sure the jury didn't get to hear victim impact statements. They have tried desperately to make the jury feel sympathy for the shooter. They don't want the jury to hear how devastated the victims are and how they suffer to this day.

Every time the evidence went in this direction during the guilt phase the defence leapt to their feet to stop them. Now the victims have a chance to say how they felt/feel and the defence wants to avoid that at all costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3h3 hours ago
#theatershooting deliberations resume at 8:15am MST/ 10:15 am EST today. We will have a 2 hour notice for verdict.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 56s56 seconds ago
#theatershooting Jury has a question. Judge will take bench at 12:20 EST Watch live at http://www.thegoldpatrol.com

The jury have reached a verdict on all counts but made errors in the forms so need replacements.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

They’ve reached a verdict but made error on 2 counts.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

They want replacement copies. Judge says he will give copies but they have to keep original forms and X each page wrong

Verdict announced at 12:30 Colorado time. Don't know what that is everywhere else.

I know it's 7:30 pm Maisie time :D

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 1m1 minute ago
The #Theatershooting jury has reached a 2nd Phase DP verdict. It will be read at 12:30 pm MT (2:30pET). Still a 3rd phase req for death.

I think the jury will say the aggravating factors outweigh the mitigation offered by the defence.

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting update of Deborah Cave, the outburst lady. Next court appearance 8/18/2015

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438620121.093274.jpg

No feed at the minute. The verdict will be announced at 12:30 (2:30)

In watching trials, I have not seen a jury agree the mitigators outweigh aggravators. It is in the DP phase that the jury disagrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02