CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready for the verdict.... :popcorn:

I'm so glad I tuned in when Idid..Had to go out today..and just got back!! Phew!

Now to find the streaming feed!! Lets's pray they came to a unanimous verdict!!!!

arias jurors agreed she had no mitagators, so they went on to the DP/sentencing phase-that is where they couldn't agree.

Thank you.

I thought the first one some of them mentioned her age (the foreman?) or some such which is why it was a mistrial.

Anyway, on with this one.

Thank you.

I thought the first one some of them mentioned her age (the foreman?) or some such which is why it was a mistrial.

Anyway, on with this one.

A journalist has posted information about the jury foreman (a man) online and got into serious trouble with the judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A journalist has posted information about the jury foreman (a man) online and got into serious trouble with the judge.

Also mentioned him by name. That's what really annoyed them

I meant for the Arias trial. I already knew the name of the foreman before it was posted, although I didn't know he was the foreman until all silly Newsweek posted about him.

I meant for the Arias trial. I already knew the name of the foreman before it was posted, although I didn't know he was the foreman until all silly Newsweek posted about him.

Ah sorry! I misunderstood :)

Guesses??? I'm thinking either they feel the mental illness is a strong mitigator or they don't count it as a mitigator at all. If they continue on to phase 3, not seeing mental illness as a mitigator, he really may get the dp. Opinions??

Hi folks! We've almost made it to the end! Hard to believe this trial has been going on for so long.

HELP...can someone give me the link to a live link. I lost all of my links to the court room! Thank you!

Guesses??? I'm thinking either they feel the mental illness is a strong mitigator or they don't count it as a mitigator at all. If they continue on to phase 3, not seeing mental illness as a mitigator, he really may get the dp. Opinions??

Well, since they rejected the insanity in the guilty trial & that was the capacity to determine between right & wrong, and the mitigation, by law states it is the capacity- NOT if a person has a mental disease, we might be going on to Phase 3, IMO.

I think they won't accept the mitigation. They didn't accept the insanity defence and they reached a verdict very quickly in this phase. That says to me that they don't have much faith in what the defence are saying.

Of course I could be completely wrong.......It's not unheard of :)

Well, since they rejected the insanity in the guilty trial & that was the capacity to determine between right & wrong, and the mitigation, by law states it is the capacity- NOT if a person has a mental disease, we might be going on to Phase 3, IMO.

I think we move on to the next phase but that is where I feel one of them will hang this up....I mentioned before saying you can impose the dp and doing it after seeing the parents etc. not so sure. At least the trial gave the victims the chance to be heard which would not have happened if they just agreed to lwop and no trial. I really hope I am wrong as he does deserve the dp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader