CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense is going to rest!!!! No one is testifying!

NOW..asking if Chicken will be making allocution ( different from testifying..means no cross..no jury questions) ..Answering very clearly to the Judge's questions!!

And decision is>>> NOPE!!

He's not chicken he's just not remorseful!! I hate him even more!!!

Well, there you go-his last chance to ask the jury to give him LWOP but, he won't do it!

Borndem....you post is coming through in all computer language. It is about 6 inches long!

Maisiebelle said:
I'm sorry but that last part made me laugh! We need a big hammer to whack her back down!

Is this big enough??? :)

Attachments

• mole.jpg
    mole.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 47
He's not chicken he's just not remorseful!! I hate him even more!!!

With his life on the line..I would think that even given his fear of public speaking that IF he actually truly had ANY remorse he could choke it out..

But as you said...He doesn't care..hummm :thinking: which word should I use??

Defense is going to rest!!!! No one is testifying!

So am I getting this right...not even his parents will get up and speak to the impact that this has had on them? Or does that come next?

Also what would it hurt to give a statement of allocution ...even brief just to let the jury know he regrets the pain he has caused to all concerned and ask them to spare him from death? I do not understand not making one statement when the state cannot get at him...maybe he really wants to die?

Do you think there will be closing arguments tomorrow and then deliberations? Is that what's happening? I did groceries so I'll have to watch the afternoon testimony later. The morning testimony was weighing heavy on my heart so I needed the break.

With his life on the line..I would think that even given his fear of public speaking that IF he actually truly had ANY remorse he could choke it out..

But as you said...He doesn't care..hummm :thinking: which word should I use??

Shy of public speaking but not afraid to walk into a theater full of people to kill them.

No allocation. That's going to look very bad to the jury. Your going down JH you emotionless monster who shouldn't be breathing our air.

Channel 7 said on their video site, that after the Jury comes back with DP or LWOP, there still are all the 100 plus charges the Judge has to rule on. Before the Judge rules on them, any victim or family can say anything they want, even if they could not say it before.

There are closing arguments and then the Judge issues his rulings on the other crimes.

Wow!!!

Do you think there will be closing arguments tomorrow and then deliberations? Is that what's happening? I did groceries so I'll have to watch the afternoon testimony later. The morning testimony was weighing heavy on my heart so I needed the break.

Closing arguments start today and hopefully they finish.

Thinking ahead: I think if given DP, JH will choose not to go through appeals process. Does anyone think he'll want to prolong his life in prison?

So am I getting this right...not even his parents will get up and speak to the impact that this has had on them? Or does that come next?

Also what would it hurt to give a statement of allocution ...even brief just to let the jury know he regrets the pain he has caused to all concerned and ask them to spare him from death? I do not understand not making one statement when the state cannot get at him...maybe he really wants to die?

I don't think his parents are permitted to testify at this phase, it's for victim impact statements. They had their opportunity to speak on his behalf in the mitigation stage.
Colorado is confusing - it seems like phase 2 & 3 should be one phase, but they split it into 3, if I understand correctly.

Has anyone considered that the shooter actually wants to die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closing arguments start today and hopefully they finish.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 9m9 minutes ago
Jury will be told to come back at 1pm MDT tomorrow for closing arguments. #theatershooting

So, if JH receives DP and chooses to appeal......the process can take as long as 20+ years.
If he does not wish to appeal, I suppose he could be dead in a couple of years. IMO.

Has anyone considered that the shooter actually wants to die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I think it's possible that he wants to die. I tend to doubt it, though. If he really wanted to die, I think he would have refused all the psych evaluations, been more forthcoming in them, not even bothered to plead NGRI, or tried to kill himself in jail - IMO, JMO

So, if JH receives DP and chooses to appeal......the process can take as long as 20+ years.
If he does not wish to appeal, I suppose he could be dead in a couple of years. IMO.

The Colorado Governor is Democratic and is not signing death warrants. No executions since 1997. I posted a couple of links there are many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
learningtolive616