CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if JH receives DP and chooses to appeal......the process can take as long as 20+ years.
If he does not wish to appeal, I suppose he could be dead in a couple of years. IMO.

He will appeal. Laws will be changed, he will live.

The Colorado Governor is Democratic and is not signing death warrants. No executions since 1997. I posted a couple of links there are many more.
Ya never know, gov just may decide to sign JH's warrant.

Has anyone considered that the shooter actually wants to die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it, the monster has his points (12) in his human capital value point system to prevent suicide.

Indeed! His sense of loss is palpable.

I believe I read in an article some months ago that Ian (Veronica's father) took-off to live in the mountains and became largely non-communicative for quite some time after her murder. Does anyone else recall this story? I have no source citation so please take as rumor only.

~jmo~

Here is a very sweet and very touching article on the policeman who carried Veronica out of the theater, Veronica's father, etc. It's a tuff read...

[h=1]Officer who carried dying 6-year-old out of theatre after Aurora shooting comforts her grieving father with birthday cards and texts more than two years after the child's death [/h]
  • Mike Hawkins, the officer who carried the youngest victim of the 2012 Aurora shooting out of the theatre, comforts the child's grieving father
  • Since the shooting the child's father, Ian Sullivan, has withdrawn from those he was once close with and retreated to a home in the mountains
  • Sullivan found a lifeline in Hawkins, who sends him texts and leaves birthday cards on his daughter's grave

This judge has really irritated me today....especially with the grandpa of Veronica....and, indulging every whim by the defense.

Now, he's begging the jury not to hold it against Brady/Higgs/Nelson for their rudeness and insensitivity.....

What does Nelson need a break for? Is it to find more laws that she can throw at the court opposing the State? I had hoped we would not hear from her again. Guess I was wrong.

Nelson needs a recess before they go over final jury instructions - anyone else think she will attempt to make the instructions and verdict forms as confusing as possible for the jury?

This judge has really irritated me today....especially with the grandpa of Veronica....and, indulging every whim by the defense.

Now, he's begging the jury not to hold it against Brady/Higgs/Nelson for their rudeness and insensitivity.....

The Jury knows. The Judge has said they are a smart Jury, and I am sure he as well as both sides know the Jury can read inbetween the lines.

oh gosh, nelson needs almost a half hour to get all her objections in order! TSK!
Prosecution- no objections judge
Nelson - you should take out the word ____ and replace it with _____; because it makes more sense.
Judge - I have to follow the law.
Nelson - I still want to put it on record that I object.
Judge - Ms. Nelson, I've already ruled on it.

LOL

The defense can object all they want. I don't think it has any impact on the jurors decision. These objections are made mainly to go on the record for future appeals.

Has anyone considered that the shooter actually wants to die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he probably wants what he sees as a benefit to being given the death penalty- to be alone and in solitary while in prison. Just my guess.

Ya never know, gov just may decide to sign JH's warrant.
also, he's not going to governor forever! I've read other people's statements that plan to run, who stated as soon as they get into office, that's the first thing they'd do. (sign the execution)

Maybe Brauchler will run for Governor...

Back from recess discussing jury instructions. Is JH sleeping?

This is a good documentary by PBS made in 2013 about teen rampage killers - doesn't focus on JH, but very interesting in terms of brain research, etc.

[video=youtube;7MXEcB4vBkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MXEcB4vBkA[/video]

There's a lot of truth in that..so even a DP versus LWOP mean's the same..but giving him the DP label would be a message transmitted on just how heinous his crime was. He needs to be taken out of society forever more..I don't care if it in a solitary room or regular jail ( tho that would be far more distasteful for him given his hatred of human kind)....He needs to be filed away!!

It's unfortunate his parent's and sister are left to deal with social embarrassment and possible attitude's from outsiders for the rest of their lives..and THEY can only thank their son for that. It seem's they are deflecting a lot at this point wanting to believe he was just "Sick" and didn't realize it...and as much as it really isn't their fault ..They will realize that there really is NO excuse for what their son ( JEH) did!..Once they accept that..they can move forward..at least hopefully, as it does appear they do have a strong network of friends and supporters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove