CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Trial publicity (Gag Order) being lifted after jury reaches their decision in Phase 3.?????

Judge Saymour will lift it post Jury verdict form completion!!!

I really hope we get to hear from at least some of the jurors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prosecution thinking and helping out the defense and murderer. I have seen this before in them....I hope they got at least a thank you.

Prosecution thinking and helping out the defense and murderer. I have seen this before in them....I hope they got at least a thank you.

I did find it interesting that the prosecution is requesting this for the defense. He urged the defense to file to keep records sealed--- they did not know to do that on their own??? What a bunch they are!!!!

I did find it interesting that the prosecution is requesting this for the defense. He urged the defense to file to keep records sealed--- they did not know to do that on their own??? What a bunch they are!!!!

Or maybe Mr Ormon can't be bothered with all the work that will come from so many people requesting the information? Just a thought lol

http://www.doc.state.co.us/death-row-faq

snip~Where is death row?

Colorado does not have a physical "death row". Inmates sentenced to the death penalty are placed in the Department's securist custody level, administrative segregation. Currently those sentenced to death are at the Sterling Correctional Facility.

Where is the execution room located? more @ link above

Re: 1 p.m. closings. It was the Judge's decision to start closings in the afternoon. Additionally, Mr. Brauchler needed some hours this a.m. to complete his Power Point and show it to DT.

Which State's have made changes to their DP execution's to use of "Firing Squads" because it has been so difficult to obtain the "Lethal Injection" meds??

In a way, that form of execution would be poetic Justice to be forced to endure seeing gun's pointing at him and feel ( If that's possible?) the pain even if only for a moment on his way to be JUDGED in a much higher court!! Just my thought's on that.
:thinking:

I say, so what if he isn't executed for decades or that the governor has stayed executions or that CO hasn't executed for decades? So what? Those reasons above are not any reason NOT to give jh the DP, IMO.

I say, so what if he isn't executed for decades or that the governor has stayed executions or that CO hasn't executed for decades? So what? Those reasons above are not any reason NOT to give jh the DP, IMO.

DP is reserved for "The Worst of The WORST" murderers...so ya..assign that label to this jerk with that tag!! Whether it actually happens is irrelevant!
:jail::drumroll:

Tammy Harper ‏@tammyharper02 9m9 minutes ago
If JH is sentenced to DP-he'll have company
#Tsarnaev Sent to Colorado Prison On Way to Death Row http://nbcnews.to/1BEQQio #theatershooting

^^^^ I did NOT realize this above ...Good.. Maybe they can bond while they await their own death!! They are pretty close in age and have a lot in common!!

The Supermax in Florence, CO is a Federal Prison.

http://www.doc.state.co.us/death-row-faq

Colorado does not have a physical "death row". Inmates sentenced to the death penalty are placed in the Department's securist custody level, administrative segregation. Currently those sentenced to death are at the Sterling Correctional Facility.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Whiteorchids

Death row inmate daily routine in Colorado

http://www.doc.state.co.us/daily-routine

UGH! DR inmates are permitted a TV in their cell?

If he does wind up on DR (and I think his chances are good), as long as he takes his meds and has a couple of books to read & maybe a magazine or two and a pencil and paper, he would be quite happy. He would prolly have some kind of melt down if he were in Gen. Pop. morning, noon & night -- the other inmates would figure out who he is, and they would quickly see that he doesn't play well with others, and they might mess with him -- it's rather boring in prison, methinks -- and that might be fun for them for a while. Of course, he could always just stay in his cell except for meals, etc., but I think -- as we have already discussed somewhat -- that solitary would be just fine with him.

UGH! DR inmates are permitted a TV in their cell?

Yes, but what they are able to watch is very restricted -- IIRC, they said that inmates could watch CNN, movies selected by the prison, and a very few other things.

15 minutes to closing arguments.

GB is considering playing the 911 call as part of his closing argument. I'm dreading that. It hits me hard every time I hear it :(

Oh, yes, Maisie -- the "pitifulness," fear, and desperation of her voice, and then the quick pop-pop-pop-pop-pop and pop-pop-pop-pop-pop and pop-pop-pop-pop-pop of the weapon just shook me. He was really firing those rounds very fast. After I heard the recording a second time, it really brought it home -- that esso-bee was serious about killing every one of those poor people; he was firing about as fast as he could.

Yes, the jury needs to hear that pop-pop-pop-pop-pop, pop-pop-pop-pop-pop one more time.

--------------------------------

Hey, we're live, but not in the courtroom on Court Chatter:

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!james-holmes-trial-stream-1/cmus

Ok, everyone, here we are, the final closing arguments.

I will be sickened if Higgs or Brady uses that crying, whining, pity voice to the jury. But, I will expect it. That's what they have to do, show they have pity for they're client because jimmy didn't ask the jury for pity for himself! Even tho, they tried so hard for the jury NOT to be emotional for the victims!!!!!!!!!!

I feel by the end of tomorrow, Friday, the Jury will have decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem