CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the judge and lawyers coming in to iron out the final details before the jury comes in? I have no idea why the jury was told 1PM to come in if the court has nothing to discuss in the morning??? Anyone know?

I agree MissHaley..I would expect verdict will come in tomorrow on Friday after "Sleeping on it"..

Court is live with the attorneys with the final draft of jury instructions.
Is anyone here?

Im here Miss Haley !! Good Morning!!

:happydance:

Our good judge is going over the changes he worked on last night. I can tell the defense will have issues with all of his changes because they always do.
It's amazing how many times & how clear he is 'teaching' the defense on the law, yet the defense still doesn't accept or understand.

I'm really confused why the judge has wasted half a day before the closing arguments. The attorneys didn't need that much time to finish up the jury instructions. It's like he wants the jury to get the case as late as possible so they aren't likely to come back with a verdict today.

This is in light of the judge giving 3 hours notice before he will read the verdict. He doesn't want to have to stay late tonight if they come back today. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhhh Man...Ms. Nelson continually trying to insert synonyms for certain words and add some convoluted language. Was she an English teacher prior to law school????

"can not" vs "does not" - Nelson got judge to change those words!

I'm really confused why the judge has wasted half a day before the closing arguments. The attorneys didn't need that much time to finish up the jury instructions. It's like he wants the jury to get the case as late as possible so they aren't likely to come back with a verdict today.

This is in light of the judge giving 3 hours notice before he will read the verdict. He doesn't want to have to stay late tonight if they come back today. Just my opinion of course.

Because the Judge holds class for the defense attornies. the Judge lets them argue their point, he saids denied and then he has to explain, they argue, he denies again and again, even after the defense tries to confuse the issue. :tantrum:

Anything else Miss Nelson? OF COURSE!!!

GB is considering playing the 911 call as part of his closing argument. I'm dreading that. It hits me hard every time I hear it :(

"can not" vs "does not" - Nelson got judge to change those words!

The one word I would have used would be "We are unable to reach a unanimous verdict" ..

"Grammar Police" spent all night trying to alter the wording of forms and Judge's Instructions...Object..denied..object..denied! OKAY will use that word Ms. Nelson...Object..denied etc
:gaah: :tantrum::scared:

Oh please, lose your voice Nelson until the end of the trial. These one word changes are just so you think you have won.

IS the jury not suppose to consider the whole entire case when NOW deciding the final question of LWOP or DP....Yikes Defence only wants them to consider Phase 2 now and their findings Using that killing of a child not an aggravator. Def. demanded the jury be told INTENTIONALLY. So now the killing of a child must NOT be considered for phase 3!! I hope the Judge will straighten her out!
Didn't find Intentional killing a child, but they DID find him Guilty of killing her.

Interesting, defense does not want GB to talk about the bombs in the apt. OR the death of a child in his closing! Judge is again correcting her on what the CO law states vs. what she believes it states.

At this point, they still want to downplay the horror their client caused- let's not tell the jury about it!

Interesting, defense does not want GB to talk about the bombs in the apt. OR the death of a child in his closing! Judge is again correcting her on what the CO law states vs. what she believes it states.

At this point, they still want to downplay the horror their client caused- let's not tell the jury about it!

Morning Sleuthers...almost there.....this judge is so excellent that any appeal will just go nowhere..it is so hard to listen to this defense...I so want dp for holmes. these attys will consider lwop a total victory.

So Nelson doesn't like the word "OUR" 6 year old...because it could possibly blah blah??? Please don't ask her again if there's anything else Ms. Nelson!!

Pre-Trial publicity (Gag Order) being lifted after jury reaches their decision in Phase 3.?????

Judge Saymour will lift it post Jury verdict form completion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove