CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense kept hammering with that old mentally illness theme and I feel it got nowhere. Then throwing guilt at the jury by pointing at them and trying to make them feel guilty if they give the death penalty really made me angry. Whatever Holmes gets he did it to himself. As for the defense/Brady crying? I think she knows that the defense closing touched no one, and may have made the jury angry.

have they had any time at all yet? Wonder what is up?

Last time they had a question they wanted to watch one of the videos again. Maybe they want to do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but I think the defense's tactics all along including the interruptions etc. have not impacted the jury...reason I say that is defense is so transparent as to what they are trying for and then openly object when state uses term evil????? Jury is watching these antics and I think they will backfire on the defense. I thought state closing had more passion...true passion as opposed to the show put on by the defense. The defense closing had some good points and had it been crafted more tightly and delivered better could have some strong impact. At this stage of the game I think there is a good chance of dp but all it takes is one who feels sorry for his mental illness.
BBM-
Yes. When Brady started saying the law says we can't execute children, GB stopped her & the judge. But she continued on with saying that the law states we can't execute a mentally ill person. Not completely true. We cannot execute a person who has an IQ of 70 or below!!!!!! Ms. Brady, that is NOT your client! Another sneaky defense tactic!!!
If it were true what she said, the DA would not have been able to seek the death penalty!

BBM-
Yes. When Brady started saying the law says we can't execute children, GB stopped her & the judge. But she continued on with saying that the law states we can't execute a mentally ill person. Not completely true. We cannot execute a person who has an IQ of 70 or below!!!!!! Ms. Brady, that is NOT your client! Another sneaky defense tactic!!!
If it were true what she said, the DA would not have been able to seek the death penalty!

She continually steps beyond what the judge has allowed and she knows full well she is doing it...I think the jury loves this judge and Judge Samour sends out subtle and not so subtle messages making sure the jury understands their mission...he often reconfirms that he feels the jury is smart and puts defense down...jury is taking all of this in.

A little concerned about what the question could be.....:thinking:

A little concerned about what the question could be.....:thinking:

Any thoughts on that request. Frankly how much more can they want to see that would make a difference at this point...this tells me at least one needs some convincing???

Well I would have liked to have watched the live feed except I couldn't get it to work anywhere.

They want a DVD player and TV. The judge is going to ask them what they want to watch.

Last time they had a question they wanted to watch one of the videos again. Maybe they want to do that again.

v

You were right Maisie!

Any thoughts on that request. Frankly how much more can they want to see that would make a difference at this point...this tells me at least one needs some convincing???

Agree. That is why I am concerned. That jury knows this case forward and back. They are sharp, smart and insightful, IMO.

Wondering now why the judge is taking so long to get into the courtroom. The victims and families must be on pins and needles.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2m2 minutes ago
#Theatershooting jury wants DVD player and copies of National Lampoon's Vacation and also Napoleon Dynamite ....OK just kidding but really

FUNNY

Where the HE!! is the live stream?

Where the HE!! is the live stream?

I'm really irritated. I usually watch on the Denver 7 YouTube channel. They didn't switch the live feed on. So I rushed to try and watch it elsewhere and nothing worked. I've tweeted Phil Tenser demanding to know why lol!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 4m4 minutes ago
Jury wants TV and DVD player #theatershooting

Agree. That is why I am concerned. That jury knows this case forward and back. They are sharp, smart and insightful, IMO.

Wondering now why the judge is taking so long to get into the courtroom. The victims and families must be on pins and needles.

To be honest, they've gone months without discussing the case with each other. It's normal they'd want time to look over things. I don't see the problem. Either way, JH is going away forever so let's all try and relax

To be honest, they've gone months without discussing the case with each other. It's normal they'd want time to look over things. I don't see the problem. Either way, JH is going away forever so let's all try and relax

Respectfully, the jury discussed the case a few weeks ago when they deliberated and found him guilty of first degree murder . They discussed the case last week when they deliberated and found that the mitigaters did not outweigh the aggravators and they choose to proceed to death penalty phase. So, the jury has already discussed and deliberated for several hours in the two previous phases.

@pstenser: @shelley_*****The YT channel will only carry the verdict, but u’ll see any courtroom Q&A or discussions at http://t.co/rIXbgIhnjO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member