Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the penalty verdicts should be based on the majority of the jury
to be fair. I'm saying this not knowing what the breakdown was for this jury. IMO

I think the penalty verdicts should be based on the majority of the jury
to be fair. I'm saying this not knowing what the breakdown was for this jury. IMO

It was 9/3 in favour of the DP.

2 were unsure and 1 refused to agree to the DP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was 9/3 in favour of the DP.

2 were unsure and 1 refused to agree to the DP.

Thanks! I believe that EACH persons vote should count as one. So add them up and the majority wins. As for a tie,
then Judge should make the call. Period. this way it would be harder for a juror to be a plant for a certain cause.

They found him guilty, and they sentenced him to life in prison. That was within their guidelines to do, and they did their job.

I was responding to your post where you answered my question with the following -
Two reasons I can think of. 1. The jury in that case rejected the insanity defense of Eddie Ray Routh. He was not confirmed to have a mental illness. 2. Colorado ≠ Texas.

I was answering you saying this jury did the same-rejected insanity. So both juries rejected insanity but one gave DP for killing 2 and the other was hung on DP for killing 12.

So to my last comment- Juries will always surprise us.

I am curious. When JA was sent to prison, I remember reading that it is a prison rule that all females had to wear long hair pulled back in a pony tail. No way to hide things.

So in Colorado prison, JH said he did not believe in a God, if I am correct. He has no religion. So can he have a beard in prison or will he have to shave it and keep his hair short.

I should add that his MI episode of eating and licking poop etc. should not let him have a beard for safety!

Just wondering. I am looking on the net but have not found the answer yet.

So now JH gets to go on to a new home. He will be re-evaluated for MI....does anyone think he will 'play' the 'sick' mind again and try to get sent to a hospital prison so he has a nice life? I often wonder if he would do this. I feel he was a spoiled child. He was given thousands of dollars by his parents and he used it to commit murder. How much manipulation did he do in his youth years? Now will he continue to do it and will the prison actual catch if he is faking it.

He threw away so much! He is just going to start realizing how much very soon...even more so going to prison vs jail.

Just wanted to say a few words- please feel free to scroll and roll...

Thank you Zoey and Maise and all those that helped with the tweets and updates for all these months. There were a lot of times I missed testimony because of work and had to fill in and update with your posts. And thank you Mods, especially today when things somehow seemed to get so personal in a room I had grown to know as informational and loving during this really hard time.

I have mostly kept quiet on here, but seeing things on the thread today about "that's why we don't travel to Colorado" and "they must be high," I just felt compelled to make some sort of note. Today was really, really hard. We are a really small and tight-knit community. Denver and it's suburbs are tiny compared to other metropolitan areas. It is really difficult to find someone who was not directly impacted by this or Columbine, myself included.

People here purposefully don't talk much about these events.. because, well, we don't want to be known for these types of things, and these killers do not represent us. The jurors were picked to represent us. Hearing people from long and far bash citizens of our state, on a jury they served so professionally and dutifully, makes me feel angry and sad. I fully support our jurors, our community, and I hope you all can at least have the respect to not bash those that represented us.

Colorado hearts will forever remember and be with the 12 lost, their families, all of the survivors, the first responders and the hundreds of others hurt by this crime. But I for one, will not persecute 12 more people for carrying out their constitutional duty under the law in making their decision today.

Beautifully said, Rhino-Esq -- It's nice to hear from someone who loves their state and its citizens and takes pride in them. And, IMO, Colorado is one great state.

The jury, IMO, has been very dutiful, patient (in a big way), conscientious, apparently non-contentious as a group, and they worked hard every day they were here. And their duties didn't end when they walked out of the courtroom. They were the ones who had the job of coming to a verdict and then a sentence, and they were the ones who saw and heard everything they were given in order to come up with a verdict. We don't know all that they knew, we never will, so we should accept their verdict and move on. In addition, we had the opportunity to see one of the best judges and one of the best 1st-chair prosecutors I have ever seen. Colorado certainly did okay in that department, as most here would quickly agree -- two people who anyone in any state would be pleased to claim. The other prosecutors, certainly Ormond (pls excuse the spelling of his name since I never get it right) was very fine as well, IMO. The others did good jobs, too. And they all seemed to work easily together.

Be proud of your state, Rhino, you have a right to do so!

I am curious. When JA was sent to prison, I remember reading that it is a prison rule that all females had to wear long hair pulled back in a pony tail. No way to hide things.

So in Colorado prison, JH said he did not believe in a God, if I am correct. He has no religion. So can he have a beard in prison or will he have to shave it and keep his hair short.

I should add that his MI episode of eating and licking poop etc. should not let him have a beard for safety!

Just wondering. I am looking on the net but have not found the answer yet.

I've had a quick look for info about beards. I came across an article where an inmate was told to shave his beard even though he apparently wears it for religious reasons. The Supreme Court agreed the prison violated a federal statute designed to protect religious freedoms of inmates.

There was also this:

"A significant problem for Arkansas, is that more than 40 other states and the federal prisons allow a one-half inch beard."

So maybe the shooter might be allowed a half inch beard?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/20/politics/supreme-court-hands-down-prison-beard/

I also found this but I'm not convinced it's true. I've never heard this before. Has anyone else?

The gunman behind the Dark Knight massacre in Colorado last July, has reportedly turned Muslim and prays five times a day.

The killer showed off a lengthy, thick beard during a court appearance earlier this month, and a prison source has claimed it is a symbol of his new-found faith.

The source said Holmes has turned to Islam as a way of justifying his horrific murder spree in an Aurora, Colorado cinema on July 20 which left 12 people dead and 58 people wounded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ller-James-Holmes-Muslim-prays-times-day.html

I also found this but I'm not convinced it's true. I've never heard this before. Has anyone else?

The gunman behind the Dark Knight massacre in Colorado last July, has reportedly turned Muslim and prays five times a day.

The killer showed off a lengthy, thick beard during a court appearance earlier this month, and a prison source has claimed it is a symbol of his new-found faith.

The source said Holmes has turned to Islam as a way of justifying his horrific murder spree in an Aurora, Colorado cinema on July 20 which left 12 people dead and 58 people wounded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ller-James-Holmes-Muslim-prays-times-day.html

But did he not mention he avoided airports as didn't want to be considered a terrorist...

I know..In actual fact he was..but didn't want to be associated with foreign Terrorism types..THIS was "His Mission" and wanted notoriety ( be remembered) for it..separate from foreign stuff..So, whomever is suggesting he's turned or became Muslim is just trying to stir the pot of "Islamophobia" IMO!!

I never heard of this. I did hear he told one of his doctors he was either an agnostic or atheist

Maisie..You do realize this link you posted is from March 2013..over a year prior to his trial..and during his trial he was clean shaven and marry a moment did he turn his chair to face Mecca ( usually noonish time frame) and again ...I think this is just a "Source" trying to tweek some sort of Jehad view..Boggus given what we observed for over 4 months!!

http://muslimvoices.org/muslim-prayer/
snip~
Muslims turn toward Mecca and pray. ... Prayer in Islam is ritualized, with some critics saying the ritual takes away .... which way you face when you pray or how many times you pray.
Every day millions of Muslims turn toward Mecca and pray. They are required to pray five times a day – at daybreak, noon, mid-afternoon, sunset and evening, although there are some Muslims who combine prayers. The prayers are said in Arabic, no matter what the person’s native tongue.

I've had a quick look for info about beards. I came across an article where an inmate was told to shave his beard even though he apparently wears it for religious reasons. The Supreme Court agreed the prison violated a federal statute designed to protect religious freedoms of inmates.

There was also this:

"A significant problem for Arkansas, is that more than 40 other states and the federal prisons allow a one-half inch beard."

So maybe the shooter might be allowed a half inch beard?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/20/politics/supreme-court-hands-down-prison-beard/

Yes, I read that about the religious beards. That is fine, but how many are telling the truth. I would think they would have to be practicing their faith.

I wonder if the prisons have their own rules depending on the circumstances and health issues.

Thanks for looking too.

I never heard of this. I did hear he told one of his doctors he was either an agnostic or atheist

I remember he said he was agnostic on one of his dating profiles.

Maisie..You do realize this link you posted is from March 2013..over a year prior to his trial..and during his trial he was clean shaven and marry a moment did he turn his chair to face Mecca ( usually noonish time frame) and again ...I think this is just a "Source" trying to tweek some sort of Jehad view..Boggus given what we observed for over 4 months!!

http://muslimvoices.org/muslim-prayer/
snip~

Yes I did notice the date. As I said, I don't think the story holds much weight. First we've heard of him becoming Muslim.

Yes, I read that about the religious beards. That is fine, but how many are telling the truth. I would think they would have to be practicing their faith.

I wonder if the prisons have their own rules depending on the circumstances and health issues.

Thanks for looking too.

That article said 40 states allow a 1/4 inch beard. I don't know if that would be for any prisoner or just religious ones.

Hi Maisie,
:loveyou:
Glad to see you are still here. I wasn't strong enough to tough it out on the thread after learning the verdict. The tone here did change in our nice group that has been participating since April. Suddenly many posters appeared for a first time with opinions that changed our direction into a roller coaster ride.

I'm a person of a few words, so no point in rehashing what has already been said. Just want to thank you for the tweets and everything you have offered WS during this sad and frustrating and emotional time. Hope to see you and other WS Friends during another trial sometime down the road. You deserve a well-earned break.

HUGS.
C.

Hi Maisie,
:loveyou:
Glad to see you are still here. I wasn't strong enough to tough it out on the thread after learning the verdict. The tone here did change in our nice group that has been participating since April. Suddenly many posters appeared for a first time with opinions that changed our direction into a roller coaster ride.

I'm a person of a few words, so no point in rehashing what has already been said. Just want to thank you for the tweets and everything you have offered WS during this sad and frustrating and emotional time. Hope to see you and other WS Friends during another trial sometime down the road. You deserve a well-earned break.

HUGS.
C.

Hi lovely!

Last night was horrible. It seemed like our happy home was invaded. I felt like some of the posters hadn't followed the whole trial and it didn't matter how much we tried to explain points they weren't hearing us.

I'm all for people contributing but it didn't feel like they were here for that. It was just argumentative.

I will probably be quiet for the next couple of weeks. I will be back for the formal sentencing though. If it's not televised I'm sure one of us will tweet and we can discuss what is happening.

After that, who knows! I will hopefully meet up with you and everyone else on another trial. It would be a shame to break up the family! :)

This sounds about right to me. I don't know why it is but many of the Mentally ill inmates convert to Muslim while in jail and prison and write to get free Quran's. My son who is in prison told me this is true. My son who was baptized and is devout Christian said they are constantly trying to get him to convert. He's blonde hair blue eyes no beard. Lol. Just because you are Muslim doesn't make you a terrorist. Most Muslims are peaceful people except the extremist/ radicals. JH would be the extremist kind (scary) talking about infidels. Sounds like ISIS.

View attachment 79646

Oh, Maisiebelle - Thank you for finding and posting that. I hope everyone who has been on this board will have the opportunity to read it. It certainly was meant more for the family members and other folks who were directly affected by what we have all witnessed and lived with for the past several months, but I think it will be good for us to experience some light and peace as well, or whatever may bring us comfort from seeing what we have seen in this tragedy.

I'm glad, as I always am, that we have had each other to console, to rally together, to b&tch, to ask & answer, to laugh with, to cry with, and on & on. Maybe we have gained a bit of wisdom -- I always try to come away a little smarter and a bit more thankful for what I have and for what I don't have.

I'll keep checking here with the rest of you all, and I definitely want to hear the good judge assign further sentences. I plan to go back over to the Madyson Middleton case in Santa Cruz, CA. She was (yes, was) 8 years old & went missing on July 27. Her little body was found and her 15-yr-old neighbor was charged with her murder. SMH. Another child dead. Another child arrested. It's still early in the case, so I'm gonna give it a try -- I'm certainly not locked in to it. Livin' in the USA. For some of us, that is. We're a crazy bunch of folks over here, aren't we? Don't be a stranger, as we say here in the South, Maisie. You are one of us, you crazy Brit!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Madyson-Middleton-8-Santa-Cruz-26-July-2015-1

Much love to you all, much sympathy and prayers for those who can't leave this case the way we can.

See y'all soon. xoxoxoxo:loveyou:

But did he not mention he avoided airports as didn't want to be considered a terrorist...

I know..In actual fact he was..but didn't want to be associated with foreign Terrorism types..THIS was "His Mission" and wanted notoriety ( be remembered) for it..separate from foreign stuff..So, whomever is suggesting he's turned or became Muslim is just trying to stir the pot of "Islamophobia" IMO!!

That was a year ago. He could have converted between then and now. He's got to find something to do with his time. I don't now why so many Mentally ill are or become Muslim while incarcerated. It's very strange maybe it justifies the killings in their head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18