Deceased/Not Found CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Colorado woman Jepsy Amaga Kallungi missing for almost a month

190416-jepsy-amaga-mn-0855_47be73873bb98c0d1cb6da3e1268d0f2.fit-360w.jpg

4/16/19 NBC News

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, has not been seen or heard from since March 20, her mother, Margie Amaga, told NBC affiliate KOAA of Colorado Springs.

According to [Margie] Amaga, her daughter's husband of almost two years said that the last time he saw Kallungi, he believed she was preparing to travel to the Philippines, Mexico or Chicago to visit friends.

"I am so worried and I cannot sleep. I cannot concentrate for work," said Amaga, who lives in Hong Kong.

A Colorado Springs police spokesperson told NBC News that police were aware of Kallungi's disappearance and were investigating it as a missing person case but declined to give any further details.

April 16, 2019

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi hasn't been seen in more than a week, and pictures of her have been shared by friends who are seeking answers on Facebook.

CSPD says officers got a call to check the welfare of Kallungi on April 4, but they weren't able to find her. A missing person case report was filed after conducting a preliminary investigation.

The department says that the Homicide/Assault unit assumed the investigation on that same day, and detectives have been "actively investigating the circumstances surrounding the apparent disappearance of Ms. Kallungi."

No other details have been released by CSPD.

If you have information on Kallungi's whereabouts, call 719-444-7000.
Colorado Springs Homicide unit leading investigation into missing woman

Thanks for posting. Jepsy has not been in contact (I mean actually hearing or seeing her, not social media which can be faked if someone has her passwords) with anyone since March 21st, that's over three weeks since she's been seen or heard from. Its troubling that the CSPD Homicide Unit is now handling the investigation and its no longer just a missing person's case.

I'm so glad Sam Kraemer is tweeting about this and the news networks are reporting on it.

I have a strong feeling this is going to be like other tragic missing wive's cases:
a) Her mother reported her missing, not her husband.
b) Her husband left his home in CO soon after her disappearance and went down to San Diego to stay with his father instead of looking for his missing wife.
c) Her husband posted text messages alleging she had "run off" with someone named Travis. "Travis" has never been located or authenticated and Jepsy's husband DK has now deleted his social media accounts.

Sounds ominous and familiar, doesn't it? The wife vanishes and the husband says she ran off with another man.

I think his attitude stinks to high heaven.

Another woman disappears in CO.

I hope Jepsy is found alive but I don't this will be the case.

Her poor mom is waiting for a visa to come to the US to look for her daughter.
As an immigrant myself (long ago), I cannot reiterate strongly enough how vulnerable and dependent you are on your husband in the first few years, until you gain traction, friendships, a career, a green card and work towards citizenship. I do not believe that Jepsy ran off with another man named "Travis".

And Jepsy's husband DK just stays in San Diego and says and does nothing to help, even though its an investigation now being handled by the Homicide Unit.

moo

Last edited:
Having a devil of a time finding divorce records for this city/county. Is anyone familiar with that type of record keeping in CO?

That might help in clarifying that particular statement.
I don't believe JA and DK are divorced. I believe they were possibly separated but not legally divorced. I believe any reference DK made to ex-wife was about the mother of his children (previous spouse). MOO

I don't believe JA and DK are divorced. I believe they were possibly separated but not legally divorced. I believe any reference DK made to ex-wife was about the mother of his children (previous spouse). MOO
Correct. They are not legally divorced. DK was previously married and had a son before he met and married Jepsy.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Jepsy has not been in contact (I mean actually hearing or seeing her, not social media which can be faked if someone has her passwords) with anyone since March 21st, that's over three weeks since she's been seen or heard from. Its troubling that the CSPD Homicide Unit is now handling the investigation and its no longer just a missing person's case.

I'm so glad Sam Kraemer is tweeting about this and the news networks are reporting on it.

I have a strong feeling this is going to be like other tragic missing wive's cases:
b) Her husband left his home in CO and went down to San Diego to stay with his father instead of looking for his missing wife.
c) Her husband posted text messages alleging she had "run off" with someone named Travis. He has now deleted his social media accounts.

Sounds ominous and familiar, doesn't it? The wife vanishes and the husband says she ran off with another man.

Her poor mom is waiting for a visa to come to the US to look for her daughter. And Jepsy's husband DK just stays in San Diego and says and does nothing to help, even though its an investigation now being handled by the Homicide Unit.

moo
Similar to KB, JA vanished without taking her car or phone.

A tour of her apartment complex can be seen on ytube
(can't link, not msm source).

YT title:

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, MISSING 21 March 2019

MOO

Disappearance of 26-year-old woman in Colorado Springs deemed suspicious

4/16/19

The disappearance of Jepsy Amaga Kallungi is being investigated as suspicious, Colorado Springs police Lt. Howard Black said Tuesday.

Police were asked to check Kallungi's welfare April 4 but couldn't contact her. Now the department's Homicide/Assault Unit has taken over, and "detectives have been actively investigating the circumstances surrounding the apparent disappearance," police said.

Margie Amaga, Kallungi's mother, told Gazette news partner KKTV that she last spoke with her daughter March 20.

"I just want to know if she's still alive or dead," Amaga said. "I don't know where she is, why she's gone."

Kallungi, 26, moved to the United States in 2017 from the Philippines, Amaga told KOAA News 5 from Hong Kong.

She met Dane Kallungi, 36, online, fell in love and married him in July 2017, KOAA reported. He apparently was the last person to see his wife and reportedly told Amaga he thought the missing woman was headed back to the Philippines, to Mexico or to Chicago to visit friends.

According to [Margie] Amaga, her daughter's husband of almost two years said that the last time he saw Kallungi, he believed she was preparing to travel to the Philippines, Mexico or Chicago to visit friends.
Snipped for brevity.
Emphasis mine.

^^^ Excellent post, Seattle.

Re. the bolded portion : Ridiculous.
Essentially--- She could be anywhere !! Just pick a country. Smh.

And LE-- and concerned relatives-- are supposed to just go on the proverbial wild goose chase ?
That's three different countries. Can't this be narrowed down a bit ?
I also want to know what was on her phone.

Did she feel a need to have more than one ? Like a burner phone if she was afraid of someone ? Had anyone threatened her at work ?
I'm thinking as more time goes by , that she didn't voluntarily disappear.

Last edited:

b) Her husband left his home in CO soon after her disappearance and went down to San Diego to stay with his father instead of looking for his missing wife.
c) Her husband posted text messages alleging she had "run off" with someone named Travis. "Travis" has never been located or authenticated and Jepsy's husband DK has now deleted his social media accounts.

Her poor mom is waiting for a visa to come to the US to look for her daughter.
As an immigrant myself (long ago), I cannot reiterate strongly enough how vulnerable and dependent you are on your husband in the first few years, until you gain traction, friendships, a career, a green card and work towards citizenship. I do not believe that Jepsy ran off with another man named "Travis".

And Jepsy's husband DK just stays in San Diego and says and does nothing to help, even though its an investigation now being handled by the Homicide Unit.

moo
SABBM

Ita !
She came across in some of her social media as a strong, independent woman.
But I don't think she'd let her family go this long without word.... :(

Similar to KB, JA vanished without taking her car or phone.

A tour of her apartment complex can be seen on ytube
(can't link, not msm source).

YT title:

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, MISSING 21 March 2019

MOO

Yep. I'm worrying this is another Kelsey Berreth, Shanann Watts case of a vulnerable missing wife/girlfriend.
And we know WHO the guilty party is/was.

No way JAK just vanished because she ran off with some other guy.

moo

SABBM

Ita !
She came across in some of her social media as a strong, independent woman.
But I don't think she'd let her family go this long without word.... :(

Absolutely.

Especially in her culture! Family is EVERYTHING.

I cannot imagine the horror and pain her family, who are so far away and need a visa to investigate here in the US, are going through.

IMHO this is not going to result in Jepsy A.K being found with a new guy in her life. This is now a homicide investigation.

Jepsy is not just some mail-order bride who ran off with a random guy.
She deserves justice.

moo

Last edited:

190416-jepsy-amaga-mn-0855_47be73873bb98c0d1cb6da3e1268d0f2.fit-360w.jpg

4/16/19 NBC News

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, has not been seen or heard from since March 20, her mother, Margie Amaga, told NBC affiliate KOAA of Colorado Springs.

"I am so worried and I cannot sleep. I cannot concentrate for work," said Amaga, who lives in Hong Kong.

A Colorado Springs police spokesperson told NBC News that police were aware of Kallungi's disappearance and were investigating it as a missing person case but declined to give any further details.

BBM

Ahhhh:mad:o_O now her husband DK says she was going to travel to the Philippines, MX or Chicago????

Sheez, previously he said she ran off with a guy named Travis. He just can't keep his story straight. :mad::eek:

Hope he gets polygraphed asap.

Last edited:
Her poor mom :( I hope she can get to the U.S., my heart breaks for her. I don't believe Jepsy left with another man. sighhhh

Neither do I.

All we can do is support her family and loved ones in any way possible and hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Why do murderer's really think they can get away with killing the innocent with impunity now that we have such excellent forensics? Perhaps because Jepsy is an immigrant and therefore "disposable"?

Some are saying Jepsy was just a "mail order" bride, but she wasn't. She was a vulnerable woman who married someone she loved and created a new life in a foreign country. So what? Many people who live here in the US start relationships and marry people out of state which is similar to marrying a person from abroad, except for the red-tape.

Jepsy was educated, kind and trying to contribute to our society.

I think our only hope is for justice and supporting Jepsy's family and loved ones.

I truly HOPE I'm wrong and that she turns up alive and well. But I have a sick feeling.

moo

Last edited:
Wondering if the word has gotten out to the Filipino-American community? I found a website, not sure how active it is. http://www.coloradofilipinos.org.

Also, if Jepsy was a caregiver, have they talked to people she works with or cared for?

Just brainstorming.

Thanks for posting, STG!

These are great questions worth following upon.

The most important thing we can all do is keep Jepsy Amaga Kallungi's name in the news, and on SM.

She is a precious young woman, a contributor to society, she has family and is loved, missed and respected.

SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE may have seen something ---- no matter how small it appears to be.
So many of these horrible cases get solved from eye-witness reports no matter how "small" they may seem to be.

Please call the number Seattle1 posted:
If you have information on Kallungi's whereabouts, call 719-444-7000.

MOO

Last edited:
Dateline NBC

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, was last seen on March 20 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. According to Jepsy's mother, her daughter's husband of almost two years said the last time he saw Jepsy, he believed she was preparing to travel to either the Philippines, Mexico or Chicago to visit friends.

Can you, or someone you know, help find Jepsy?

So if I read it right, the husband is now living in San Diego?
And he says she could be (supposedly....which I don't believe for a minute) in Chicago, Philipines, or Mexico?
San Diego is right next to the border with Mexico. I wonder if that was some kind of Freudian slip that would indicate she may be found in Mexico?
Sounds like a total goose chase and I highly doubt she'd be traveling out of the United States on her own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back