CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica's picture is on the front page of Yahoo.com. This is great exposure for the case. It's #14 right now, but it moves up every time someone clicks it. The story about the woman who played Annie has been up for 3 days.

O/T... Sorry... but whatt about the lady who played Annie?

TIA

Just watching the 10 o'clock broadcast of 9 news. Nothing new mentioned....and no mention of the bag. They are saying that the man who found the backpack believes the backpack was there since last night, possibly around 1 a.m.? Don't know how he'd know that...

Maybe he didn't see it coming home from an engagement of Sat. night/Sun. morning?

Hopefully they have invited in the available resources of the US Marshals and the FBI, etc.

The FBI was called in Friday night. Someone from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was supposed to be arriving to work with LE on Sunday too.

Here is an overview of the attempted abduction incidents that have been reported in the Westminster area...There may be more, this is only what I could pull up:

March 20, 2012

May 30, 2012

Plus the child enticement incidents in nearby Aravada, just last month.

What in the hello is going on over there?! :what: :escape:

EDITED-NEVERMIND, a few of those were in Westminster CA, not Colorado :newhere::crazy:
BBM

I live very close to Westminster, CA... and this does not surprise me re: attempted abductions, I mean.

The FBI was called in Friday night. Someone from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was supposed to be arriving to work with LE on Sunday too.

OwlMom, excellent news. I have been very impressed with the proactive approach used in this missing child investigation. It is obviously the results of a pre-plan and a well trained public safety department in Westminister, CO.

Hoping & praying for a happy conclusion for Jessica Ridgeway, her family, and the community.
Seems, regardless of the stranger danger safety tips that we teach our children. More often than not, when we turn on the news; both local & national, another child has gone missing. Times, they are a changing...

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=absconded+registered+sex+offenders&rlz=1C1RNPM_enUS399&oq=absconded+registered+sex+offenders&sugexp=chrome,mod=7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8"]absconded registered sex offenders - Google Search[/ame]
Sex Offender Tracking
www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?...en_US...With as many as 100,000 registered sex offenders in the United States whose ... for noncompliant /absconded sex offenders utilizing public records searches, ..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...37091914.62416.137484899653966&type=1&theater

I think it must be someone who saw the routine of the mother watching her daughter walk to school till out of sight. Then they had that window of opportunity before she caught up with friends. IMO

That link is interesting--I hadn't heard Warder Elementary mentioned before in connection with September's incidents. Jeffco's letter home to parents was very specific about Fitzmorris but didn't mention Warder. OTOH, it didn't mention where the first incident took place other than somewhere in Arvada.

The sketch looks different from last fall's suspect, too.

Fall 2011 incident: http://arvadapd.org/about-arvadapd/...-composite-sketch-in-child-abduction-attempts

Sept 2012 incident: http://arvadapd.org/about-arvadapd/child-enticement-suspect-sketch-released

Could the backpack have been picked up by someone that took it home ... and, after realizing its significance, left it near the sidewalk? Is that one possible reason for police asking children to come forward and to not be afraid of getting into trouble? Police sounded fairly confident that at least one of the neighborhood children saw something.

school_backpack2.jpg

Could the backpack have been picked up by someone that took it home ... and, after realizing its significance, left it near the sidewalk? Is that one possible reason for police asking children to come forward and to not be afraid of getting into trouble? Police sounded fairly confident that at least one of the neighborhood children saw something.

Isn't that what happened very recently with the handbag of Jill Meagher? Wasn't her bag was found down a side street, placed by a car and initially it was thought it could have been put there by the perp to confuse the police investigation? Turns out someone had picked it up, and then left if there when they realised the significance of it ... I think I'm remembering correctly, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Praying little Jessica is found unharmed, and thinking of her poor mother who must be going through hell. I'm a working single mum, and on my days off when the children are at school, I often go back to bed - and could easily sleep through a phone call. I hope she isn't blaming herself, as she did nothing wrong.

Isn't that what happened very recently with the handbag of Jill Meagher? Wasn't her bag was found down a side street, placed by a car and initially it was thought it could have been put there by the perp to confuse the police investigation? Turns out someone had picked it up, and then left if there when they realised the significance of it ... I think I'm remembering correctly, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Praying little Jessica is found unharmed, and thinking of her poor mother who must be going through hell. I'm a working single mum, and on my days off when the children are at school, I often go back to bed - and could easily sleep through a phone call. I hope she isn't blaming herself, as she did nothing wrong.

you're memory is spot on

I'm sad, coming here today I hoped little Jessica had been found and brought home. Praying God is watching over her.

Whats with these perps leaving the backpacks and the juicy C bags?
Why toss them?

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21721793/search-missing-girl-moves-superior-backpack-discovery

Search for missing girl moves to Superior with backpack discovery

Searchers desperate for a clue in the disappearance of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway got one Sunday on the sidewalk of a Superior subdivision. The child's abandoned or tossed backpack and water bottle were found more than 6 miles from where she was last seen...

...At about 1 p.m. Sunday, a man in Rock Creek posted on the Westminster town Listserv mailing-list server that he had found a backpack and a water bottle with Jessica's name on it. He was not aware the child was missing and posted, "If this is yours come and get it," Materasso recounted...

And just odd...

...The intersection where the backpack was found is only a few feet away from the home where Stephanie Rochester killed her 6-month-old son, Rylan, in June 2010 by placing blankets and a plastic bag over his head...

More at link.

Whats with these perps leaving the backpacks and the juicy C bags?
Why toss them?

There is speculation that someone dumped the back pack to lead the trail away from the neighborhood. I have a person on my radar. It's an RSO. But, apparently, we are not allowed to sleuth RSOs. So my post last night was removed with no explanation.

I too was hoping to see she was found by this morning. This is so not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz