CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate to place blame (it belongs squarely on the person who took Jessica) the link that was broken in the communication chain here, was Mom not picking up the phone. If you're a single Mom, you're making a choice to NOT pick up the phone. Sleeping or not, you don't have to turn it off, knowing the school *could* call. What if Jessica had been ill? Or injured? If your phone rings in the middle of the night, do you ignore it because you're sleeping? Sorry, but Mom made a really bad judgment call. And I'm sure that no one is beating themselves up more over it than she is. I've made bad calls as a parent, we all have. Most of the time though, we get lucky. I feel really badly for the Mom.

I drive a royal blue Mazda 3. It seems there are several royal blue Mazdas on the road. There is a Mazda 6, too. Perhaps the vehicle is a Mazda. I don't see that many other royal blue cars.

IMO, there is no point in rehashing this mother and child's routine or comparing it with your own etc...everyone has different circumstances and I know I see tons of young children walking down my street to the school about 1/4 or so mile away all the time, often alone.

I do wish the school had continued down a list, if they had one, of emergency numbers until they reached someone. Surely they should have known or had in the files that mom worked an overnight shift?

I think you misunderstood my post cluciano. I'm simply asking outloud questions as we wait for confirmed facts. If what was posted up thread that the walk to meet the peers was only 450' or so from home that seems like an awfully short distance for someone to abduct a child without anyone else noticing. I assume in addition to children walking to school there may be other children waiting for busses and even people leaving for work in the morning. I'd imagine in any given surban neighborhood there would be a fair amount of usual neighborhood morning traffic so I am wondering how no one seems to have seen anything. No reported sightings, or even reports that perhaps she might have been upset with a friend and chose not to walk with this group this morning?

Lots of questions are often seen by MSM reading here and then sometimes reported on later. The more questions we ask the better chances media knows what people are wondering about!

Still praying Jessica is found safely soon.

I think you misunderstood my post cluciano. I'm simply asking outloud questions as we wait for confirmed facts. If what was posted up thread that the walk to meet the peers was only 450' or so from home that seems like an awfully short distance for someone to abduct a child without anyone else noticing. I assume in addition to children walking to school there may be other children waiting for busses and even people leaving for work in the morning. I'd imagine in any given surban neighborhood there would be a fair amount of usual neighborhood morning traffic so I am wondering how no one seems to have seen anything. No reported sightings, or even reports that perhaps she might have been upset with a friend and chose not to walk with this group this morning?

Lots of questions are often seen by MSM reading here and then sometimes reported on later. The more questions we ask the better chances media knows what people are wondering about!

Still praying Jessica is found safely soon.

BBM ... what is 450 degrees?

https://es.twitter.com/9NEWS

9 news twitter: they will be doing live updates at 6am... over 100 people showed up at the rec center tonight but no public searches in the dark.. much more at the twitter link

I drive a royal blue Mazda 3. It seems there are several royal blue Mazdas on the road. There is a Mazda 6, too. Perhaps the vehicle is a Mazda. I don't see that many other royal blue cars.

Another 10 year old. Elizabeth Collins was 8, her cousin Lyric Cook was 10. Iowa <--> Colorado ... any connection? Pig farms ... corn fields ... ??

I feel terrible for mom. It may turn out differently, but as of now all I see is a mom working and trying to provide as well as she can for her child. Sometimes the risks we take turn out to be all wrong, but not for lack of intention.

450 feet.

Thank you. I'm so sorry ... for some reason, I read that as degrees ... as in degrees, minutes, seconds, azimuth and other weird stuff.

Another 10 year old. Elizabeth Collins was 8, her cousin Lyric Cook was 10. Iowa <--> Colorado ... any connection? Pig farms ... corn fields ... ??

I doubt there is a connection. There are plenty of slimeballs out there.

I feel terrible for mom. It may turn out differently, but as of now all I see is a mom working and trying to provide as well as she can for her child. Sometimes the risks we take turn out to be all wrong, but not for lack of intention.

Are there any drugs involved?

As much as I hate to place blame (it belongs squarely on the person who took Jessica) the link that was broken in the communication chain here, was Mom not picking up the phone. If you're a single Mom, you're making a choice to NOT pick up the phone. Sleeping or not, you don't have to turn it off, knowing the school *could* call. What if Jessica had been ill? Or injured? If your phone rings in the middle of the night, do you ignore it because you're sleeping? Sorry, but Mom made a really bad judgment call. And I'm sure that no one is beating themselves up more over it than she is. I've made bad calls as a parent, we all have. Most of the time though, we get lucky. I feel really badly for the Mom.

I must say it is more difficult when you sleep during the day after a graveyard shift. When I pulled my graves rotation, It was not unheard of me to either shut the ringer off, or at least have the phone in a different room. During the night most any call you get would be an emergency, however during the day everyone and their brother will call and its hard enough to get to sleep. If grandma lives in the home then she may have been out. I am just saying I really put no blame on mom. I bet there was another emergency number and a miscommunication happened, we will have to wait and see...IMHO

I doubt there is a connection. There are plenty of slimeballs out there.

Quite true. Is there anything in common with the other two children? No drug connection? Single working mom struggling to keep it all together? Sorry for coming late to the thread, but who was looking after the child when she disappeared and where was she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801