CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened yesterday, I swear somebody posted about it on the Arvada PD page and somebody linked it here yesterday?

Posted: 10/16/2012
Last Updated: 4 hours ago

ARVADA, Colo. - Arvada Police said they are investigating a report that a man followed a girl for a short time on Monday morning while she was walking to school.

This happened yesterday, I swear somebody posted about it on the Arvada PD page and somebody linked it here yesterday?

It did happen yesterday. My son's school sent home a flyer and also auto-called my home number to notify us of the event. It was also posted on Arvada Police's facebook. I have been watching for a sketch and so far have not seen one.

LE has mentioned several times during the pressers that the public should be sensitive to the family's feelings. I think that's why they're not being specific in their statement. Plus they're holding info close to their vests.

Still, it is what it is because if animals are to blame, they'd not take off complete hands or arms or a head. I'm sorry to say it this way but you keep asking this same question. I believe, because no teeth or fingerprints were available for the purpose of identification, the conclusion that dismemberment took place is accurate.

So, in other words, it hasn't been confirmed? And, just to be clear, perhaps you have me confused with someone else? I don't "keep asking this same question".....

I can't link to my eyes so take this with as much salt as you want -- people watching the live feed from the helicopter saw enough to know the body was not complete. I won't get any more graphic than that.

100% agree. I remember pointing it out to my husband and him telling me he thought it might make him sick.

I'm kinda wondering how many things like this will occur, and how many of them will be actual stranger danger situations. I'm not saying this one isn't real, but it could be kids being terrified and embellishing?

It is not safe to glance toward or walk within a mile of an unaccompanied child in Colorado. And if someone happens to have a blue sedan in the JR area, they are probably stressing out too.

I'm really getting interested in this guy and this first attempted abduction of the 12 year old girl.Could any one find out more on the guy and 12 year old girl in Arvada.Could anyone find a sex offender that looked like this guy any where?

I'm really interested and want to know more if anyone knows in this little girls attempted abduction?Was this area any where near where little Jessica was found?

Recap of the Incidents:
Attempted Child Abduction Incidents
On Saturday, November 12, 2011, just after 3:00 p.m. in the area of Danny Kendrick Park (7000 Ward Road) and the Apex Recreation Center. Arvada Police were called to the area on a report of an attempted child abduction involving a 12-year-old Arvada girl.

http://apexprd.org/arvada-police-release-composite-sketch-child-abduction-attempts
________

folks: reminder that we link to main stream media videos. If the link you are posting to youtube is not mainstream media it cannot be linked. It is some random person's compilation of video it cannot be linked.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jes...ler-at-large-and-may-strike-again-fbi-warning

Because Jessica was abducted while walking from her home to school and that her body was located at a park approximately 7 miles away, authorities feel the killer is someone who knows the community and area quite well.

Most serial killers commit crimes while driving or passing through an area, but that might not be the situation in Jessica’s case. It’s important for community members to contact police if they remember anyone taking time off work on October 5, 2012, suddenly leaving town on a “planned” or “spontaneous” vacation, trip or leave of absence, and whether anyone had out-of-town visitors that week.

It is highly possible, however, that the killer had watched Jessica previously and knew her routine and manner in which she walked to school.

From what is known I am in the "community abduction" boat as well. The odds when dealing with this type of proximity, usually favor a family/neighbor/community abduction. Knowing this I would start with the RSO on Moore Court. From Google maps, and not knowing the date of the captured pic (2009-2012??), the house from what I can tell, has a for sale sign on it. So this person or the people living there are rather new to this community.

Couple thoughts:

1. My condolences to the family. RIP JR.
2. Immensely elated they caught the Wyoming perp. Just about blew my top when I came across that case. Amazing work by both LE and the public.
3. A few very interesting posters on FB. Have no idea who this is but RW tops my interest board.
4. I feel like a few people here are TOOOO into the "body intact" debating here. It seems as if every third post contains some use of the word "dismemberment" (last time you will see me post this). Not to mention its the same few posters still discussing this. I dont know about anyone else, but after the "intact" statement (which that is all that is known) I already had an idea as to what, the outcome would eventually be. Yes it definitely does have relevance, but to continue debating for thread on end, with no new information? I think its rather pointless, especially with no new information. No one here is going to crack this case with just "body not intact" known. I submit maybe a sub "Not intact" forum for those who must drain the minutiae out of this topic.

Couple questions:

1. Are county lines in play with where the backpack and body were found?

2. As in the Wyoming case, are LE looking for all video within 80 miles? Is that even possible? (Not sure the size of Westminster). Especially video in or around the neighborhood where the backpack was found. Car wash video??

3. Absentia? I am curious as to your use of "Absentia" as your userid. Can I ask how you came up with or why you decided to use? I ask because the legal use definition would fit this case, no? And you just joined because of this case, right??

"suggests recognition of violation to a defendant's right to be present in court proceedings in a criminal trial"
"trial at which the defendant is not physically present"

4. And not terribly relevant, but I noticed the young boy in their family had a black eye during their first interview? Anyone know the scoop? Not at all saying its related, just something I noticed.

Lastly, to the SK, you done f##ked up son. You've made SOOOOOO many mistakes. LOL. Amateur. Should be only a matter of tyme. Do the last and arguably only decent thing in your life and turn yourself in and go out like a MAN!! Not like the insecure little girl your actions have led us to believe your are. TICK TOCK!

Posted: 10/16/2012
Last Updated: 4 hours ago

ARVADA, Colo. - Arvada Police said they are investigating a report that a man followed a girl for a short time on Monday morning while she was walking to school.

May I please ask if anyone knows any more on this?

And we all know how reliable the media is...NOT!

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

It is according to the case and what media imo.

I dont think every MSM is wrong.

If the information they are putting out is not true then the family could sue each and everyone of them for making them go through more pain and suffering than they are already in.

Not one LE officer has come out and said what is being published in the MSM is not true.

ITA, however, many have been stating that the remains were dismembered or hacked up or whatever terminology you want to insert here as fact rather than alleged or speculated of believed.

That has been causing mods a problem for days now as they are trying to keep the facts straight from the unnamed source info (speculation/rumor/etc) for all of us here and maintain the factual integrity of these threads.

The discussion will probably continue as long as this topic remains (no pun intended) up in the air and posters continue to suggest that it is a fact that Jessica was dismembered/hacked/whatever terminology you wish to insert here.

I believe she was dismembered. But I acknowledge that is not fact, having not been stated by anyone but reporters quoting unnamed sources.

It is fact that her body was dismembered as dismembered is synonymous with "not intact".

not intact = in more than one piece. could be two pieces - could be a million pieces. it is anything other than "in one piece".

you can use many different words and phrases that are synonymous with not intact and dismembered is one of them.

Now, how she became to be "not intact" is not know to us.

Does this law only apply to "unexplained" deaths or does it apply to anyone who passes away?

I would bet my bottom dollar it's reserved for those who are autopsied. People die every day, the back log and cost would be mind blowing if every single death had to be forensically confirmed.

My opinion only of course.

I don't know.

I just recalled the law recently being changed because of the mistaken id incident. I never said all deaths had to be forensically confirmed, just that other ways than visual id were required such as dental records or fingerprints which are not costly.

Here is a link to the Indiana Code.

You can read it.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title36/ar2/ch14.html

I am in another country so google might not give you all the same results as what I got when I typed it in. But to find it I typed: "Jessica Ridgeway Torso Photo Still." Here is the link: http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/wp...Colorado-body-found-Jessica-Ridgeway-case.jpg

Warning: Graphic. :(

Oi! That's the first time I've looked at any photos without my coyote theory.

Local news is now reporting that sources said for the first time today... before that it was just Nancy Grace. I assume the main news channels were being careful and now have enough to say so.

"The girl's remains were found last Wednesday at an Arvada open space park. Police said the body was not "intact." Sources told 7NEWS her body had been dismembered and pieces of her body are still missing.

AirTracker 7 flew over the area shortly after the body was discovered. AirTracker video showed that the remains were found near a culvert, and had been placed on a black plastic bag when investigators were looking at it. It's not clear if the body had been in the bag."

This is my first time posting, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that Westminster-Arvada-Superior forms a triangle. I think I read a post here before, but I can't find it.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...l=39.886558,-105.111201&spn=0.012694,0.032809

I'm all over the place, so excuse me if this has been posted.

Not a true triangle but about 6.5 miles from one location to J's house and then about 7 miles to the other location making the bottom of the triange about 11 miles long. Seems strategic imo.

I am in another country so google might not give you all the same results as what I got when I typed it in. But to find it I typed: "Jessica Ridgeway Torso Photo Still." Here is the link: http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/wp...Colorado-body-found-Jessica-Ridgeway-case.jpg

Warning: Graphic. :(

It looks like to me that the perpretrator may have wrapped her torso up in some type of sheet. I can see what looks like a sheet sort of wrapped around the remains and I can see blood on it. I see what looks like the start of her shoulders.

IMO

do you think she was going to play hookey that day and stay over at someone's house? otherwise, why would she go that direction in the AM?

I just think we don't know where she was exactly when she was abducted or how far from home, but the info on the police scanner makes me think there's a good chance it was not neccesarily in that 3 blocks to the park from her house.

The fact they've never mentioned anything about the witness who saw her that morning beyond the bare mention of existence also makes me think she might not have been on the expected route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siblingminds