CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you could have something here. I am a little confused about the dogs tracking her scent from where the backpack was found to another school and I have to wonder if there is some connection to that other school with Jessica - cheerleading being one way. Someone who could have met her over the summer and maybe even one time a while back gave her a ride. Just thinking out loud here, because I keep hearing opposing results from the dog-tracking, but if her scent was in fact tracked toward a school, I have to think there is a link.

Also, the neighborhood where the backpack was found, does it come off a main street where there could be cameras? Also, the perp with the backpack could have been on foot, having it in another bag possibly.

Just bothers me that it seems unless every move is on camera, these sickos will do these things.

The more I think about it, Jessica could have cheered for a game the day before she disappeared.

Had she cheered for the youth football team?
What is their season?
Where are the games?
When was the last game J attended? (if she did)

Early morning I kept dreaming about messages going back and forth (like IM or MySpace or email or something). They were J's messages to someone. I kept trying to understand but nothing made sense and then I woke up. :waitasec:

Maybe her social media holds a clue to her cheerleading activity? I'm not trying to get twilight zoney here but it did happen - probably just me trying to work things out in my subconscious.

interesting find abt the little village of Eldorado Springs. i've only been through there once. seemed to be a little hippie community. small, older homes on a dirt road. fairly tightly packed in there together. there is a natural spring running through there; they bottle water for drinking and there is a public swimming pool that looks right out of the 1960's. guessing 50 homes or less.

It's either that or Coal Creek Canyon, or possibly Blue Hills Estates, though I think that one's a little close in. There are literally no other places to live on the other side of the half-circle from superior through the abduction site to where the body was found. Possibly a ranch or two, I suppose.

I think the aunt lived there too....

Marah, Interesting, the AUNT lived in the same house.
What is the Aunt's age?
Did she ever have MALE friends to the house in the evenings while Mom was at work??...jmo

where did you see the pillow pet was found in the home? I just read it was "here/on scene".

In the scanner rewind ([ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]) they ask about whether she owns such a pet, confirmed and asked when last seen, said 8:30 from the rec center walking south, which I took to mean that a witness remembered seeing her walking south with the pillow pet, and the witness viewed this from the rec center.

Then when they say the pillow pet is "on scene" and she would have had to come "back here", I figured that meant at home, since that was the only place she could have come "back" to. (Also because the direction of the question about whether she had such a pillow pet, followed by the answer that it was "on scene" implied to me that they were at the house.)

I also recall reading somewhere a more detailed account of this incident, in which the mother goes and fetches the pillow pet in the house, but that may have been someone giving their explanation of what they thought happened, rather than any actual knowledge.

From the link:

"AirTracker 7 flew over the area shortly after the body was discovered. AirTracker video showed that the remains were found near a culvert, and had been placed on a black plastic bag when investigators were looking at it. It's not clear if the body had been in the bag.

The remains were found by maintenance workers who were doing routine cleanup of the culvert."

Did the video of this get removed? Maybe it is just me but when I looked I do not remember seeing anything on a black plastic bag, just them carrying a backboard covered in white. You people I think are so more observant than myself or I am blind!

From todays news:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-was-approached-by-stranger-at-memorial-park

Girl told Arvada police she was approached by stranger at Memorial Park
Man followed girl while she was walking to school

Posted: 10/16/2012
Last Updated: 38 minutes ago

ARVADA, Colo. - Arvada Police said they are investigating a report that a man followed a girl for a short time on Monday morning while she was walking to school.

The student told police the man approached her at 7:40 a.m. at Memorial Park.

The girl told officers that the man asked her to come over.

The girl told police that as she walked away, the man started following her.

The man is described as being about 30 years old and 6 feet tall with possibly a goatee. He was wearing a black hoodie and a green T-shirt.

"We will notify parents of these reports," Arvada Police posted on Facebook. "We do, however, want to caution citizens that while we will look into each report; each one is not suspect."

One person posted on the Arvada Police Facebook page that they did get a note from their grandchild's school about the incident.

Officers did not release any information about the girl's age or her school

Im just wondering how does the girl know the man is 6ft. tall> wasn't he driving?

Janeumayer, I think it should be seriously looked at, DOGS don't lie..imo..

so who, parent, student, faculty or maintence workers at that high school had the 'smell' of this childs packpack on them, or carried the backpack, to be tracked to the school?
How many people over the age of 16 walked through those particular doors that day??
Did the school have survelliance camera's?
IF not, didn't schools learn anything when Kyron disappeared from school??jmo

Jessica wasn't really on or near school grounds when she disappeared. At least, it really looks like she disappeared between her home and the park where she was going to meet up with a friend. She never showed up at the park, despite leaving in plenty of time to get there.

The elementary school that the dogs allegedly went to after the backpack find is not the same school Jessica attended. There has been no confirmation from LE, so far as I know, that the dogs were tracking and not simply seeking a track.

Jessica wasn't really on or near school grounds when she disappeared. At least, it really looks like she disappeared between her home and the park where she was going to meet up with a friend. She never showed up at the park, despite leaving in plenty of time to get there.

The elementary school that the dogs allegedly went to after the backpack find is not the same school Jessica attended. There has been no confirmation from LE, so far as I know, that the dogs were tracking and not simply seeking a track.

So the dogs didn't track her scent to the school?

So the dogs didn't track her scent to the school?
This has been such a point of confusion for myself.
Original interviews say that 2 separate children saw her outside of her school, on campus, but not in the building. Then I believe dogs tracked to a different school (please correct me if I'm still confused).

So, if that is the case then, either the dogs got it wrong, or she headed to the other school, likely with someone? Now, isn't that confusing!?!?!

From the link:

"AirTracker 7 flew over the area shortly after the body was discovered. AirTracker video showed that the remains were found near a culvert, and had been placed on a black plastic bag when investigators were looking at it. It's not clear if the body had been in the bag.

The remains were found by maintenance workers who were doing routine cleanup of the culvert."

As to the part you bolded, here in Iowa the culverts need to be cleared out infrequently throughout the year or they get blocked up with weeds and debris and stop acting as culverts.

I would love to know if there was a regular schedule or if it was just done when a driver reported a problem.

Found the original post re. the dogs following the scent to the school in Superior.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8427556&postcount=744

All along I've thought the dogs went towards Jessica's school and back. Now I realise it's a different school.

I've also thought the backpack was planted to divert attention, nothing more sinister, no message etc. But my thinking just took a turn.

IMO the perp is saying Superior ES is where he is headed next.

Im just wondering how does the girl know the man is 6ft. tall> wasn't he driving?

My guess would be that she didn't say he was 6 ft tall, but was likely offered different people as reference points and based on who she picked they gauged he was about 6 ft tall.

From todays news:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-was-approached-by-stranger-at-memorial-park

Girl told Arvada police she was approached by stranger at Memorial Park
Man followed girl while she was walking to school

Posted: 10/16/2012
Last Updated: 38 minutes ago

ARVADA, Colo. - Arvada Police said they are investigating a report that a man followed a girl for a short time on Monday morning while she was walking to school.

The student told police the man approached her at 7:40 a.m. at Memorial Park.

The girl told officers that the man asked her to come over.

The girl told police that as she walked away, the man started following her.

The man is described as being about 30 years old and 6 feet tall with possibly a goatee. He was wearing a black hoodie and a green T-shirt.

"We will notify parents of these reports," Arvada Police posted on Facebook. "We do, however, want to caution citizens that while we will look into each report; each one is not suspect."

One person posted on the Arvada Police Facebook page that they did get a note from their grandchild's school about the incident.

Officers did not release any information about the girl's age or her school

If it's the suspect from Jessica's case, he sure likes stalking kids at parks and today was Jessica's day to be remembered. I wouldn't be surprised. He's missing the attention, if it's him.

I remember watching bits and pieces of the news the night she was found and the only trash bag I saw was a clear one that the one of the men grabbed when they removed her body on the stretcher. The bag looked clean, maybe the sheets were originally in there.

Sadly this took place on the night that we were celebrating our youngest child's birthday.

The more I think about it, Jessica could have cheered for a game the day before she disappeared.

Had she cheered for the youth football team?
What is their season?
Where are the games?
When was the last game J attended? (if she did)

Early morning I kept dreaming about messages going back and forth (like IM or MySpace or email or something). They were J's messages to someone. I kept trying to understand but nothing made sense and then I woke up. :waitasec:

Maybe her social media holds a clue to her cheerleading activity? I'm not trying to get twilight zoney here but it did happen - probably just me trying to work things out in my subconscious.

Your thoughts are interesting. I googled what was on her shirt and found the link to the pee wee program:
http://standleylakeboosters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=685&Itemid=552
There is a flyer with some details about the camp but I'm not sure how to display images here. Sorry.
Looks like it took place in January 2012. I haven't seen any info about other cheer programs she may have been involved with.

As to the part you bolded, here in Iowa the culverts need to be cleared out infrequently throughout the year or they get blocked up with weeds and debris and stop acting as culverts.

I would love to know if there was a regular schedule or if it was just done when a driver reported a problem.

Oh, that's a good thought. They'd had some rain/snow -- I wonder if there was enough runoff to have created a backup the day before and somebody reported it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny