CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that the LE would want to go through any garbage that was in the truck too and maybe they didn't have room at their facilities for such a large truck. Something could have been picked up prior to the discovery of the remains. Does anyone know if the scene was guarded or patrolled? I seem to remember the crime scene was released pretty quickly. jmo

Thanks everyone. Great thoughts about even checking inside the truck's garbage area. I didnt even think about that. I sure hope LE did check carefully through all of the garbage area. The workers could have unknowingly picked up other remains from other culvert spots prior to them even getting to that spot.

I am so thankful those workers were observant enough to find her remains. Can you just imagine how awful it would have been if they never spotted it and just threw it away. At least this provided some sort of closure, even though it is tragic, but I do think it is better than never knowing what happened to her forever. Plus, the most important thing is it provided some evidence to help find the culprit.

Great catch.

But surely this is misreporting. The listserv message mentions a backpack, not a paper bag. A paper bag would be weird, whereas the neighbors are said to have not considered it weird to see a child's backpack sitting there, probably forgotten by a child playing. News reporters probably got mixed up by the fact that a backpack is often referred to as a "bag" and has been in this case. I think if anybody is "newbies" in this investigation it is the media.

JMO

the lady who saw it at 0815 on her way out also said it was a backpack.

The paperbag is mis-reporting imhoo

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/b7b4eb7d822343d0ba6b07dfcfa7d147/CO--Dismembered-Body
Not sure if this belongs here, but has this been discussed? Just wondering if there may be a possible link? Perhaps mom found evidence? Strange coincidence and man fits description of profile. I hope they are investigating a possible connection to rule him out, if nothing else. This happen within a half hour away from Jessica's home.

Been discussed repeatedly, LE cleared him of a connection almost immediately.

I don't think the FBI would let a truck full of potential evidence sit for 5-6 days unattended. At least, I hope they wouldn't. I think the idea they put cameras in it is a good one.

Goodness I'm going to have to add WS to my study blocker app. My studying is suffering from reading here lately!

I'm short on time today. I can't catch up on this thread. Is there anything in MSM media today re: any more attempted abductions?
I feel like I moved to this state and all of a sudden it's a place where people are trying to snatch kids left and right.

maybe I'm biased but I think CO has more than it's share of creeps. More than even WA state!

we've got those new meters going in in our hood today.
the skinny, male, 25-35 yo old, brown haired meter guy is going door to door.
I feel so suspicious these days.

hoping for some good news today (Friday). JR was reported missing on Friday; her remains were identified on Friday. it's Friday and we need something good to happen today

I'm short on time today. I can't catch up on this thread. Is there anything in MSM media today re: any more attempted abductions?
I feel like I moved to this state and all of a sudden it's a place where people are trying to snatch kids left and right.

nothing new this morning that I have seen other than the PIO will not be on duty until 8 am your time unless there is breaking news. (and there hasn't been any)

Keep in mind quite a few of those reported attempts were the same attempt being re-reported in different ways, on different days, and from different sources. (e.g., the 'black or blue sedan' event on Monday night somehow morphed into maybe three different perceived events, and another attempt was cleared up as a misunderstanding. so even though there is a perception on this thread that there is some persistent 'blue car' perp, there was really only one legit reporting involving a 'blue or black sedan', on Monday.)

I'm not telling people not to be cautious (obviously!), I just hate to see people absolutely paralyzed with fear. Facts and info are important.

Sorry if posted already, it was published an hour ago.
Talking about chloroform soaked rag as a possibility, and jogger incident: http://www.examiner.com/article/wha...bout-jessica-ridgeway-and-chemical-soaked-rag

I've gotta call bull on the author of this article. Quite a leap of 'logic' to get from "Police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases," authorities said in a bulletin to media" which is what is in the Denver Post, to this:

They’ve changed direction in Jessica’s murder case, narrowing the net to a ............................, (edited to remove description) according to the Denver Post.

They have not NOT NOT narrowed the search unless I'm totally missing something??????? I removed the description, because I don't want people to think that's the perp who killed Jessica.) LE are investigating the possibility of a connection.

Thinking of how the perp could account for his actions if someone came along and saw him.

Who is really going to stop though and ask a total stranger what they are doing alongside the road at night? (assuming it was night) except LE? And I just don't think they have the manpower to be canvassing everywhere unfortunately :(

They’ve changed direction in Jessica’s murder case, narrowing the net to a white male approximately 5-feet, 8-inches tall between 18 and 30 years old with a medium build and brown hair, according to the Denver Post.

They have not NOT NOT narrowed the search unless I'm totally missing something???????

That is such a broad range between 18 and 30 - good grief that could be anyone. This is all making me fear LE has pretty much nothing to go on.

That is such a broad range between 18 and 30 - good grief that could be anyone. This is all making me fear LE has pretty much nothing to go on.

this describes the meter guy across the st. he'll be coming here next I imagine.

nothing new this morning that I have seen other than the PIO will not be on duty until 8 am your time unless there is breaking news. (and there hasn't been any)

excuse my ignorance. what's a PIO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member