CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is such a broad range between 18 and 30 - good grief that could be anyone. This is all making me fear LE has pretty much nothing to go on.

We have no discription of the piece of dirt responsible for Jessica's murder. It could be any man. MOO

I feel like I moved to this state and all of a sudden it's a place where people are trying to snatch kids left and right.

maybe I'm biased but I think CO has more than it's share of creeps. More than even WA state!

I know what you mean. I am not sure if things are getting worse here or if there is just more coverage.

this describes the meter guy across the st. he'll be coming here next I imagine.

You sound like me :) I have been keeping a close eye on EVERYONE coming and going around our neighborhood. I have always been overly cautious anyway, but lately more so.

I know what you mean. I am not sure if things are getting worse here or if there is just more coverage.

I don't know if it's a matter of *getting* worse, considering the string of random murders from 1975-95 that was mentioned previously. Maybe it's always been a high rate of creepy stuff?

JMO

PIO: public information officer (spokesperson or liaison to the media)

That is such a broad range between 18 and 30 - good grief that could be anyone. This is all making me fear LE has pretty much nothing to go on.

Dasiy, can I get you to clarify your quote of my post? I was trying to say that the article was wrong and I'm afraid readers will misunderstand and think we have a description of the perp in Jessica's case. TIA and sorry for the confusion.

Does anybody have any thoughts as to why that WM truck was left there so long during the investigation of her remains. If I am not mistaken, wasnt it even left there overnight and into the next day?

Just wondering why so long there. One thought is maybe LE placed a hidden camera to see if someone would return to the area, and since not a lot of places to hide stuff, maybe they mounted the camera on top of the truck or something.

Anyway, it just seemed odd to me because I am sure the WM company did not want to have their truck associated with this crime.

Another poster has just mentioned the truck was left until 2 days ago. I've had the same thoughts about the camera too, but thought it mightn't have been wise to discuss it in case anyone pertinent was reading here :shush:
Second guessing LE mightn't always be helpful.

It was about 10 to 11 oclock at the tip of the down tree. It could have been on the ground under the tree or up in it. I do remember reports of checking up in trees for Jessica. Anyone else? imo
I just got up and I'm catching up.

There were photos and video that showed two people standing among the tree branches about where that red flag or mark is. Here is one: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica Ridgeway -CO-/101012body10.jpg There are more photos and video of the site on pages 8 & 9 of Amandareckonwith's case archive

I found another video in the case archive that talks about the red paint and shows the garbage truck. It's wheels are not marked but there are red chocks under the wheels.
[ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica%20Ridgeway%20%20-CO-/?action=view&current=101112garbageTruckCrimeScenePaint001.mp4"]Jessica Ridgeway -CO- :: 10/11/12 Garbage truck workers found Jessicas remains. Spray paint and flags mark where investigators found evidence video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid296.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica%20Ridgeway%20%20-CO-/101112garbageTruckCrimeScenePaint001.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid296@@AMEPARAM@@296@@AMEPARAM@@mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica%20Ridgeway%20%20-CO-/101112garbageTruckCrimeScenePaint001@@AMEPARAM@@mp4[/ame]

Something I had NOT seen or heard before in this video - a man on a bicycle said he had ridden past the site on Monday and saw and smelled nothing unusual. So Jessica was probably not left there over the weekend.

highly doubtful that a paperbag placed anytime on Fri or Sat would be in tact. it was wet for the majorioty of both days. a mixture of rain & sleet. and cold as well. it definitely would not have looked crisp and new

Excellent observation Flying squirrel...thats why WS works...:yesss:

To me, it looks like the brown paper sack sitting on the sidewalk is smaller than the one we see the female LE carrying away. I assumed that the sack we saw sitting on the sidewalk was put into a larger " evidence sack " by LE. IDK though... pretty confusing.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one wanted to listen to me yesterday and is quick to dismiss any thought explained away by the media.

I went bag and SEVERAL of the initial reports state a paper bag was found. I believe the perp toyed with them by giving them "evidence" in an "evidence" bag. I researched the bags, their sizes, and types last night and did few experiments. Using a regular paper grocery bag and my daughter's backpack, I tried to come up with some logic. First, just so you get an idea of size, a normal backpack fills a regular grocery bag to the very top. I could not fold down the top at all. This was with a notebook, folder, textbook, and bottle of water in the pack. You would need at least 6-8 more inches of paper bag to fold it down like the one seen. Second, I could not get it to stand up when I simply placed it in the bag. I could only get it to stand when I kinda smashed it in at an angle. LE would not smash evidence. Third, the paper bag on the sidewalk is in a vertical position with the top folded toward the sidewalk. Like with all bags, you can imagine its folded position before it was used. The bag being placed in the truck is larger, being held horizontally (why not just carry it by the obvious folded down top?) And the opening is closed in, what seems to me, the opposite direction of the bag we see on the walk. Spacially, when I picture the size of a normal sidewalk, and view the picture of the first bag, and then imagine the back of a SUV transposed over said walk, the bags are not the same size.

I know some posters do not agree and easily dismiss this. However, my opinion is that there is something amiss here between LE, first responder reports, and later reports by the media.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Who is really going to stop though and ask a total stranger what they are doing alongside the road at night? (assuming it was night) except LE? And I just don't think they have the manpower to be canvassing everywhere.

Where the body was dumped the killer would have plenty of warning before a vehicle arrived. It's really quiet and dark on that road. Easy to hear an approaching car and see it's headlights lighting up the hillsides. Lots of time to hop in your own vehicle and get moving before they arrive. A car stopped in a strange spot might be remembered when a body is found there a few days later. But who remembers the cars they pass on a public road?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one wanted to listen to me yesterday and is quick to dismiss any thought explained away by the media.

I went bag and SEVERAL of the initial reports state a paper bag was found. I believe the perp toyed with them by giving them "evidence" in an "evidence" bag. I researched the bags, their sizes, and types last night and did few experiments. Using a regular paper grocery bag and my daughter's backpack, I tried to come up with some logic. First, just so you get an idea of size, a normal backpack fills a regular grocery bag to the very top. I could not fold down the top at all. This was with a notebook, folder, textbook, and bottle of water in the pack. You would need at least 6-8 more inches of paper bag to fold it down like the one seen. Second, I could not get it to stand up when I simply placed it in the bag. I could only get it to stand when I kinda smashed it in at an angle. LE would not smash evidence. Third, the paper bag on the sidewalk is in a vertical position with the top folded toward the sidewalk. Like with all bags, you can imagine its folded position before it was used. The bag being placed in the truck is larger, being held horizontally (why not just carry it by the obvious folded down top?) And the opening is closed in, what seems to me, the opposite direction of the bag we see on the walk. Spacially, when I picture the size of a normal sidewalk, and view the picture of the first bag, and then imagine the back of a SUV transposed over said walk, the bags are not the same size.

I know some posters do not agree and easily dismiss this. However, my opinion is that there is something amiss here between LE, first responder reports, and later reports by the media.

But what about reports by the witnesses, the people who saw the backpack there before police were informed? There is no mention of a paper bag, only a backpack and water bottle. Seeing a paper bag sitting there, with a backpack inside, would seem strange. These people did not say it seemed strange; they didn't think anything of it.

Excellent observation Flying squirrel...thats why WS works...:yesss:

I thought of that, too... and that is why I think the bag may be sturdier or specialty in nature. My first natural, logical instinct tells me to believe what is being reported. LE put it in the bag. My hunch is telling me to look closer. Just my crazy, delusional opinion. Ha!

There is no photo of the tree at this link at this point. Not sure why? Perhaps someone removed it? Perhaps LE had it removed for some reason?
Look on pages 8 & 9 of Amandareckonwith's case archive The two pictures I was originally referred to that Dr. Know was discussing were 181 and 184 but there are other pictures of the site on those pages.

I was copying the links from Amandareckonwith's PhotoBucket pages, but I may not be copying the correct link for it to work from here. I don't use PhotoBucket so I am not familiar with their links.

Who is really going to stop though and ask a total stranger what they are doing alongside the road at night? (assuming it was night) except LE? And I just don't think they have the manpower to be canvassing everywhere unfortunately :(

If those markers are indeed marking where they think a vehicle was parked, it wasn't beside the road, it's out in the middle of the road and facing across the road, so it would have been blocking traffic.

Possibly parked so the headlights would illuminate the area where he'd be working? I dunno. If it was the middle of a dark night, he'd be able to see a car coming long before they'd see him.

Making a three-corner turn into/out of that parking area before/after leaving the body? If it was after, maybe his tires picked up some leaking fluid or something and tracked it across the road? I dunno.

But what about reports by the witnesses, the people who saw the backpack there before police were informed? There is no mention of a paper bag, only a backpack and water bottle. Seeing a paper bag sitting there, with a backpack inside, would seem strange. These people did not say it seemed strange; they didn't think anything of it.

Actually, the initial reports conflict. Several DO say bag. A reporter at the presser asked what was in the paper bag, and LE declined to comment, but in a separate statement said we found the backpack and water bottle, but refuse to talk about the contents. The immediate live newscast said a bag was found containing the backpack and water bottle. If just a backpack was found, the water bottle would be a content of it. All the first live.....NOT LATER summaries.... Videos can be found on YouTube.

This is the last I will post about it, but I am not an inside the box thinker. I don't want to argue, but the night the picture was displayed of Jessica's little legs in that photograph, I knew exactly what I saw and would not let others opinions sway me. I know I was right, because that photo has now been photoshopped to remove her legs and leave only a small portion of her feet. (Denver CBS?). I saw other photos and ariel views of the bag originally, that now I cannot seem to find when searching. The original helicopter shots were the best, but they are gone.

Anyhow... Carry on...

If those markers are indeed marking where they think a vehicle was parked, it wasn't beside the road, it's out in the middle of the road and facing across the road, so it would have been blocking traffic.

Possibly parked so the headlights would illuminate the area where he'd be working? I dunno. If it was the middle of a dark night, he'd be able to see a car coming long before they'd see him.

Making a three-corner turn into/out of that parking area before/after leaving the body? If it was after, maybe his tires picked up some leaking fluid or something and tracked it across the road? I dunno.

Good catch, maybe he did park in the middle facing the crime scene, with his headlights on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper