CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you weren't looking, it would be very unlikely to notice anything if, in fact, something was visible in the field (vs down toward the culvert). He was zipping by on his bike. And there were 30 mph winds. So I don't think one can relialy conclude from his account that the remains were not there over the weekend. Maybe yes, maybe no...

It depends a lot on when he took that ride. During the afternoon of 10/8 it was calm for a while. An odor of decay would have been easier to notice under calm conditions.

Hello all, I'm new to commenting on the forum, but I've lurked for awhile, brought here by my interest in true crime. Jessica Ridgeway's abduction and murder, however, was the catalyst; I have a 5 year old daughter and can't imagine how Jessica's parents must feel.

Below is a link to a pair of insightful articles published recently in Boulder Weekly. I thought the one on the killer's awareness space being a potentially important lead was especially useful. Also, in the comments section to the first article, someone comments <snipped by tlcox so as not to perpetuate rumors>. Hadn't come across this detail anywhere else and find it a little creepy that this poster seems to know this. Has this been discussed? I guess it's a reasonable inference given how difficult it was for LE to make a positive ID.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9977-jessica-ridgeway-sketches-of-a-killer.html

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

:welcome5: Mom2Kate! So glad to have you join us. Yes, the article on Awareness space was really informative. As to rumors regarding the state of the body, yes, there has been much speculation about what that "not intact" meant and we all have our thoughts and theories on it, including the one you noted from the comment section.

Again, welcome, look forward to reading more of your thoughts :)

images.jpg

From reading the articles, it seems they should be looking at all cars like this.

A co-worker pointed out a creepy coincidence to me just now. Two Colorado high profile cases of murders of little girls and they both have the same initials.

JonBenet Ramsey and Jessica Ridgeway.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9977-jessica-ridgeway-sketches-of-a-killer.html
This and other articles clearly make me think they are sure they're looking for a local. A local who blends well too. I think they've got to have some DNA and likely chemical they found, to be linking JR to the jogger and ruling out other suspects. They know something...or I hope and pray they do!
One thing that haunts me, (although it shouldn't), as it has been repeatedly printed,--
"It could be your boss, it could be your friend and, ultimately, it could be your family member," FBI spokesman David Joly said."
If I lived in that area, i'd be looking very closely at everyone I know. Family or not. Someone, somewhere knows something.

Who is really going to stop though and ask a total stranger what they are doing alongside the road at night? (assuming it was night) except LE? And I just don't think they have the manpower to be canvassing everywhere unfortunately :(

Lots of rural people will stop to offer assistance to someone stopped along the road even in these days with cell phones. In my area there are plenty of places with no cell phone locations (and I live just outside the capital city of a state) so if someone has broken down miles from anywhere I will sometimes stop, open a window and ask if a person needs help.

I would not offer a ride or get out of my truck, but I would offer to call for help once I got to a place with cell phone reception or I got home to use my landline (which I still have since I get no bars on my cell here at the farm).

I know that a few times pre- and post-cell phones I was helped out by people who were generous enough to stop to help me so I want to pass it along.

Playing around more with the photo of the road with the evidence markers and the reconstruction team's ropes, I came up with two plausible paths for the vehicle, if those are indeed marking the vehicle. My markings are pretty crude, but hopefully they're clear enough.

One, he drives slightly past the culvert, swings to the left side of the road then across so his car trunk/trunk box is over the culvert. Presumably he then gets out to unload. Pulls ahead, turns around in the pullout where the yellow rope is. Then pulls ahead along the line of the second yellow rope and stops on the opposite side facing the wrong direction -- he can't park on the right, because the bags he unloaded are there. Got out again and carried the bag(s) up the hill.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1639&pictureid=14039

In this one, which I think fits a little better, he slows and pulls to the right as he approaches his location. He makes a reverse loop in the pullout so he's lined up with his headlights shining on the field above the culvert.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1639&pictureid=14038

But if those marks are a vehicle location, it's a bigger vehicle than the white pickups parked beside the road. About the size of the WM truck, in fact -- which makes me think it marks where the WM truck was when the trash collectors found her.

Both these scenarios have the further problem that I'm pretty sure they'd involve a vehicle coming down from the canyon, not from town. I couldn't come up with a likely path for a vehicle coming the other direction, even if I didn't try to include the orange markers.

Bumping post from yesterday. By T4Tide

[I am actually doubting this report, now. As far as I know, there was one news station reporting this info. When questioned, LE would not comment about the paper bag. If the backpack was placed in the bag, why not just confirm that? No harm there. I went back and read through threads 1 and 2 last night. I believe the perp wanted the backpack to be found in the spot it was in. I think it is likely that the homeowner who reported the found backpack picked it up to look at it, and possibly even took it inside their home/garage. I know that's what I would do. Who finds something, announces it to be claimed, but leaves it in its "lost" place? I think it made the perp mad that his clue didn't get publicized in the timely manner he wanted, so he left the paper bag in the same spot. (Before backpack was reported.) I think the bag contained her clothing, pieces of it, or her glasses. There is a picture of it (the bag) and it is on the sidewalk with police tape encircling it about 10 feet on all sides, including the street, with NO LE or anyone in the picture. Now, why would LE get the backpack from the homeowner, who admits to picking it up and looking at it...and possibly moving it, put it in a bag, then tape off an area that everyone has already walked on, step back, and THEN take a picture? Once the backpack was placed in the bag.... if it was for evidence sake.... then it wouldn't make sense to put it BACK on the sidewalk, everyone walk away from it, and then take pictures. Or at least I can't make any sense of it. I believe that somehow, the perp got back in that neighborhood undetected. That is one big clue they know he's local. They know he's watching. After the backpack and the bag were found, it is obvious in the presser that LE shifts gears. They mention not to look for Jessica in same clothing, or with her glasses on. (LE for 'we found clothes') They begin to search only open spaces. This was a clue left in maybe the backpack... maybe in a notebook, or a textbook in the bag. They had to look closely to find it, and LE mentions in presser going over the contents of the bag for what was Jessica's and what wasn't. They also started collecting DNA (LE speak for 'we are looking at a murder') As far as I know, DNA is not usually collected for less serious crimes. There was a clue that was sexual or fatal in nature that made them start that. In this same presser... LE asks media to PLEASE cooperate with them in not publishing certain information that might be crucial evidence. There were tweets of bagged evidence at another location by media, but NO photo. I know LE asks this in all cases, but there was a plea to his voice that was different. LE also makes a random, odd sentence in presser that has no bearing on the sentence prior to it, or after it. It wasn't a question asked by media. "We are not concerned with distance in this case." What does that mean? Was it a message to the perp? They also abruptly moved the command center from the rec center, then posted a pic of new command center. Did he taunt them about what he was seeing there? Was this interaction with the perp?

These are ways I think LE knows it's one of their own community. One possibly on foot at times.... maybe even a journalist or member of the community that others would EXPECT to find near the crime scenes. He might even be helping so much that his family and friends think he is such a swell guy for caring so much about this child's murder. He does not stand out. He isn't creepy, sweaty, balding, with warts all over and a hook for his left hand. He's one of them, and that is the scariest part of all.

Please excuse the absence of links. The phone makes that difficult. The pictures and presser links I am speaking of are found near the end of thread 1 and throughout thread 2.

All of this is just my observations, opinions, and guesses.]

I think this post has some very good points.

I know I sound crazy, at times, but isn't the perp "crazy," too? I mean, normal, sane people who think logically don't swipe kids off the street, cut them up, and put their belongings in neighborhoods in another part of town. My thoughts may not always pan out, but I like to keep throwing them out there because they just might coincide with something another poster has seen/read somewhere. I'm sorry that this annoys people. :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

No one ever accused me of being the sharpest knife in the drawer, and all of this is difficult to keep up with, but this is the vehicle description of the "candy man" right?

Yes, it is.

I was thinking the same thing. If the 2 cases are related (which I think they are), then Postal workers I think would not be working. I am not sure whether UPS, FedEx, or DHL type delivery workers were off on that Friday, but Postal for sure.

It also makes me think more that he may have been in a delivery type truck, which would also allow not being spotted by the public as much. Most people I think kind of ignore "official" looking vehicles like Postal trucks, Delivery Trucks, etc. I think people assume they would not be involved in any wrongdoing. If the person drove a delivery truck (even Post truck), it may show how he got close to Jessica.

I also think this further proves the person is probably young, by attempting to use chloroform. I think that is something that typically a young person would try....Remember Casey Anthony was alleged to have experimented with making chloroform. Also, LE themselves has the age of the guy estimated as young in the Lake event.

I really do think that LE suspect these 2 cases are related. If so, I think we are dealing with someone who did not have to work on that Friday she went missing, which limits the types of jobs that were off that day, because most jobs people have to work that day. Postal, Delivery, or Banks, etc are some of the few that do not have to work on the minor holidays.

Also Government employees. State agencies in my state were closed that day, but schools were open.

I appreciate your out of the box thinking and think you could be on to something. Your first post from yesterday explains it best and I think some people missed it. I am going to go back and bump it up.

I find it puzzling that le would place the Bp in a bag and take the bag to the sidewalk and take photos.

I bet that's a second bag and they were using it as a stand-in for the backpack for simulation purposes after they already took the real one in for evidence.

Also, distracting the media so they didn't notice the real one.

Not if you're studying true crime, criminology or forensics! :D

nope, studying medicine. WS officially made it on my study blocker app. only allowed 10 min every hour or less. WS addiction sheesh. Need new updates, a captured perp, and justice for Jessica!

Any attempt to identify these victims puts them at risk.

Neither female has any desire to speak with the media about their case.

Westminster police and the law enforcement resources assisting with our investigation thank you for your cooperation.

https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice?ref=stream

Do you think the LE is looking at the cell towers in the area of her house, backpack and where she was found? Looking to see if any calls or phones connected to the towers in those three areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper