http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice?ref=stream

Police ask for media assistantance....

For Immediate Release
Direct: (303) 658-4427 Dispatch: (303) 658-4360
Prepared by: Investigator Trevor Materasso
Case Number: 2012-16605
Subject: Police Ask for Media Assistance

Date – October 19, 2012

Yesterday, Westminster Police shared information that we are looking for the public’s help to determine if there is any connection between the abduction and murder of Jessica Ridgeway and the attempted abduction of the female jogger at Ketner Lake Open Space on May 28, 2012. We recognize there are similarities between the May 28, 2012 incident and a July 2010 incident. Due to the ongoing investigation and consideration there is an unidentified predator on the loose, it is a top priority for the police department to protect the identity of the females in both of those incidents.

Several media outlets and reporters have requested the police reports and submitted a request to speak to either victim. Westminster Police will not give any consideration to either of these and respectfully request the media do not attempt to identify them through other means. We ask that you recognize now is not the appropriate time to make this request. We believe most of you would not have the same approach to publicize these victims had they been a part of your family (daughter, sister, etc.). Any attempt to identify these victims puts them at risk.

Neither female has any desire to speak with the media about their case.

Westminster police and the law enforcement resources assisting with our investigation thank you for your cooperation.

###

--------

If the attempted abductions of females (joggers) IS related to Jessica's case I would speculate that he is not a pedophile but an opportunist, not physically imposing, and after two failed attempts to abduct grown women he may have simply seized Jessica when the opportunity presented to snatch a physically smaller, more easily subdued female.

I know I sound crazy, at times, but isn't the perp "crazy," too? I mean, normal, sane people who think logically don't swipe kids off the street, cut them up, and put their belongings in neighborhoods in another part of town. My thoughts may not always pan out, but I like to keep throwing them out there because they just might coincide with something another poster has seen/read somewhere. I'm sorry that this annoys people. :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I don't think you sound crazy at all. IMO, you made a lot of great observations! Keep them coming!

Why do we assume he was in a car? Could he have been on horseback? Is horseback riding common there? If it is, a guy on a horse, with a backpack or camera pack (?) might not be someone who would stand out in the area.... Just brainstorming.

It's almost certain that the killer is using a motor vehicle of some kind. I suspect that Jessica was disabled by some means, then shoved into a vehicle. From that point on, it's just another car, truck or van on the street. A person on foot, horseback or bicycle wouldn't have a way of getting his victim out of sight quickly.

Dropping off the backpack in Superior would have been easy with a car. Just drive down the streets late at night and toss it out the window someplace where the houses all look like people have settled in for the night. We know the backpack was dropped off at night. A car driving by at that time would't seem at all odd. A guy on bicycle or horseback would seem out of place.

The same holds for where the body was dumped. A car driving down Leyden road late at night would not attract attention. The killer would be completely out of sight where the body was dumped. A couple of minutes to unload and then back on the road.

I know I sound crazy, at times, but isn't the perp "crazy," too? I mean, normal, sane people who think logically don't swipe kids off the street, cut them up, and put their belongings in neighborhoods in another part of town. My thoughts may not always pan out, but I like to keep throwing them out there because they just might coincide with something another poster has seen/read somewhere. I'm sorry that this annoys people. :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

You do not sound crazy. To me it seems like you are using sane logic to answer some of our questions. It seems unlikely the perp would drop off a second bag in the same location. But if he did that would give us some insight to his personality! ....game playing, big time and impatient and bold.

Playing around more with the photo of the road with the evidence markers and the reconstruction team's ropes, I came up with two plausible paths for the vehicle, if those are indeed marking the vehicle. My markings are pretty crude, but hopefully they're clear enough.

One, he drives slightly past the culvert, swings to the left side of the road then across so his car trunk/trunk box is over the culvert. Presumably he then gets out to unload. Pulls ahead, turns around in the pullout where the yellow rope is. Then pulls ahead along the line of the second yellow rope and stops on the opposite side facing the wrong direction -- he can't park on the right, because the bags he unloaded are there. Got out again and carried the bag(s) up the hill.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1639&pictureid=14039

In this one, which I think fits a little better, he slows and pulls to the right as he approaches his location. He makes a reverse loop in the pullout so he's lined up with his headlights shining on the field above the culvert.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1639&pictureid=14038

But if those marks are a vehicle location, it's a bigger vehicle than the white pickups parked beside the road. About the size of the WM truck, in fact -- which makes me think it marks where the WM truck was when the trash collectors found her.

Both these scenarios have the further problem that I'm pretty sure they'd involve a vehicle coming down from the canyon, not from town. I couldn't come up with a likely path for a vehicle coming the other direction, even if I didn't try to include the orange markers.

Well done - I'd buy either for a dollar! I also think the orange markers on the road are where the WM truck was originally when they found her, and I did some super fancy measurements upthread involving a sticky note and a pen... and what I found *seemed* to fit the theory that the orange marks were for where the WM truck was at first... but then someone pointed out that the markers *could* be from the firetruck with the light... as it was parked over the center line. I think the firetruck would be too big, and have more wheels though than the WM truck... still trying to figure this one out. Need a photo of a firetruck from the area, or preferably the one with the light (in daytime, b/c the pics from the night of the crime scene investigation you can't see the firetruck wheels!).... that might help narrow this down some.

If the attempted abductions of females (joggers) IS related to Jessica's case I would speculate that he is not a pedophile but an opportunist, not physically imposing, and after two failed attempts to abduct grown women he may have simply seized Jessica when the opportunity presented to snatch a physically smaller, more easily subdued female.

That is what I was thinking.

I don't think you sound crazy at all. IMO, you made a lot of great observations! Keep them coming!

Yes! Now explain the pillow pet and people saying they saw Jessica at the school that am.
....then maybe you can explain men to me....and other mysteries!

I bet that's a second bag and they were using it as a stand-in for the backpack for simulation purposes after they already took the real one in for evidence.

Also, distracting the media so they didn't notice the real one.

Nice - I hadn't considered that as a possibility yet -- I think this is quite plausible!

Does anybody have any thoughts as to why that WM truck was left there so long during the investigation of her remains. If I am not mistaken, wasnt it even left there overnight and into the next day?

Just wondering why so long there. One thought is maybe LE placed a hidden camera to see if someone would return to the area, and since not a lot of places to hide stuff, maybe they mounted the camera on top of the truck or something.

Anyway, it just seemed odd to me because I am sure the WM company did not want to have their truck associated with this crime.

Perhaps this was done in case the truck had inadvertently picked up some evidence prior to noticing the body and police did not want them to take it to the dump.

As for anyone needing to open her backpack to see who it belonged to, I believe the water bottle was found with, but not in the backpack, and was labelled with her name.

I would still like to know how you know for sure they found her upper torso and legs?

I absolutely know that her legs from the thighs down were found. There has been talk of a torso. I am suspicious that the hip/lower torso may or may not be found, along with the head and hands. There are no msm reports, but lots of talk has been done suggesting what was there and what wasn't.

Are you going to clarify how you know this? If it's not MSM and you are not going to divulge how you know, it probably shouldn't be discussed here. I think. Still new myself.

even more frightening. this greatly expands his target population.

<snipped out link to youtube video>

folks: reminder: if you are posting a video about the case it has to have a main stream media link...

this is not the first time we have had to address the issue with these youtube videos in this case. Please police your own posts if you have posted something that is not msm.

I haven't seen this addressed and I am just trying to get an accurate timeline. My understanding is that the body was found by waste management crew last Friday at 2 pm, right? I haven't read the scanner thread but I think a few pages back someone stated that the road was blocked at 2:50.
My question is why was the video from helicopter and other pictures I see if them removing the torso ( large intact portion of body) appear to be shot at night?
I mean it looks really dark, why would they leave it for so many hours? Is that normal?
Seems to me that initial processing would take an hour or so, and then moved to ME for more thorough collection/ processing.
I could be wrong because my knowledge is from tv.

I haven't seen this addressed and I am just trying to get an accurate timeline. My understanding is that the body was found by waste management crew last Friday at 2 pm, right? I haven't read the scanner thread but I think a few pages back someone stated that the road was blocked at 2:50.
My question is why was the video from helicopter and other pictures I see if them removing the torso ( large intact portion of body) appear to be shot at night?
I mean it looks really dark, why would they leave it for so many hours? Is that normal?
Seems to me that initial processing would take an hour or so, and then moved to ME for more thorough collection/ processing.
I could be wrong because my knowledge is from tv.

Im positve they did not want to move any evidence, till it was all tagged. Maybe they had to wait for forensics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler