CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm coming up from behind here ~ does anybody remember a comment (crack) somebody made at the beginning of this case regarding the odds of a perp using chloroform to abduct someone? I remember it because I commented that that's what KC Anthony was accused of doing, so why not somebody else.

Adding ~ I searched and found references to the Memorial Day link on thread one. Can't find a reference to chloroform and I believe I may be mixing up my memory of the chloroform reference with another case.

:(:(
folks: reminder: if you are posting a video about the case it has to have a main stream media link...

this is not the first time we have had to address the issue with these youtube videos in this case. Please police your own posts if you have posted something that is not msm.

I have notice that too.. I also notice the links and where they come from … which the name of the account Throws up a caution flag to me…. Further more…checking into other info that the same account has posted in the past those up more questions …. it all just seems odd to me…

nope, studying medicine. WS officially made it on my study blocker app. only allowed 10 min every hour or less. WS addiction sheesh. Need new updates, a captured perp, and justice for Jessica!

Omg what is this app?! I needed this since 2005!

:(:(

I have notice that too.. I also notice the links and where they come from … which the name of the account those up a caution flag to me…. Further more…checking into other info that the same account has posted in the past those up more questions …. it all just seems odd to me…

I have to agree with you on this. I've done a lot of scroll and roll on here because there appears to be a lot of theories, suggestions, links and supposition that don't seem to have much basis in fact. I'm really not trying to be snarky but when anything and everything gets "thrown at the wall" to see if it sticks, it tends to create a lot of confusion and then things get distorted. Not sure if its just the fear within the local community because they are so close this or what, but I've followed a lot of criminal investigations and this one seems to have a tad bit of hysteria tones. Just used to a bit more logical perspective.
Really not trying to point fingers at anyone specifically. Just my personal observation. I think the "tone" here is a bit different on this case than what I'm accustomed to seeing on WS.

Some people have mentioned about how Jessica's backpack was found near the house of a woman who killed her baby. But I've noticed that the media hasn't really picked up on that. It makes me think it was just a coincidence.

I haven't seen this addressed and I am just trying to get an accurate timeline. My understanding is that the body was found by waste management crew last Friday at 2 pm, right? I haven't read the scanner thread but I think a few pages back someone stated that the road was blocked at 2:50.
My question is why was the video from helicopter and other pictures I see if them removing the torso ( large intact portion of body) appear to be shot at night?
I mean it looks really dark, why would they leave it for so many hours? Is that normal?
Seems to me that initial processing would take an hour or so, and then moved to ME for more thorough collection/ processing.
I could be wrong because my knowledge is from tv.

I was actually surprised the site was re-opened to the public as quickly as it was.

This is a high-profile case and I imagine they wanted to do everything by the book no matter how long it took. And they probably needed to 'preserve' the entire scene long enough for lots and lots of information gathering, photos, etc.

Well done - I'd buy either for a dollar! I also think the orange markers on the road are where the WM truck was originally when they found her, and I did some super fancy measurements upthread involving a sticky note and a pen... and what I found *seemed* to fit the theory that the orange marks were for where the WM truck was at first... but then someone pointed out that the markers *could* be from the firetruck with the light... as it was parked over the center line. I think the firetruck would be too big, and have more wheels though than the WM truck... still trying to figure this one out. Need a photo of a firetruck from the area, or preferably the one with the light (in daytime, b/c the pics from the night of the crime scene investigation you can't see the firetruck wheels!).... that might help narrow this down some.

One thing I noticed is that the two marks nearest the side of the road where Jessica was found are a little farther apart than the two near the center line. Which to me implies that the vehicle had rear dual wheels and was backed up. Which once again makes me think it was the WM truck. Most likely they marked where it was, then moved it to make room for their equipment.

Where the body was dumped the killer would have plenty of warning before a vehicle arrived. It's really quiet and dark on that road. Easy to hear an approaching car and see it's headlights lighting up the hillsides. Lots of time to hop in your own vehicle and get moving before they arrive. A car stopped in a strange spot might be remembered when a body is found there a few days later. But who remembers the cars they pass on a public road?

I have a question about fog on that Friday night downslope. Visibility was extremely limited here in the foothills on Friday night and into Saturday morning (when we headed south for the weekend, so not sure how it was here the rest of day Saturday). Was there a lot of fog downhill too, or just kinda drizzly but still kinda decent visibility?

I have to agree with you on this. I've done a lot of scroll and roll on here because there appears to be a lot of theories, suggestions, links and supposition that don't seem to have much basis in fact. I'm really not trying to be snarky but when anything and everything gets "thrown at the wall" to see if it sticks, it tends to create a lot of confusion and then things get distorted. Not sure if its just the fear within the local community because they are so close this or what, but I've followed a lot of criminal investigations and this one seems to have a tad bit of hysteria tones. Just used to a bit more logical perspective.
Really not trying to point fingers at anyone specifically. Just my personal observation. I think the "tone" here is a bit different on this case than what I'm accustomed to seeing on WS.

I've followed several cases where wild theories and speculation crept in when there was a dearth of new information. I don't think it's unique to this case.

Several bathtubs full of water would only be a couple hundred gallons. Water bills are calculated based on thousands of gallons. Even a big cleanup would not show up as a significant change in a water bill.

Tell that to a toilet left running continually for a month. Would that equate to thousands of gallons of water? That happened to us and the bill increased by over one hundred dollars. This was years ago in North Carolina but it was shocking to see the effect a running toilet can have on a water bill.

If it's possible for the utility company to compare usage rates for that brief time frame, Columbus Day weekend, it may be worth a shot.

Are you going to clarify how you know this? If it's not MSM and you are not going to divulge how you know, it probably shouldn't be discussed here. I think. Still new myself.

I too saw the original photo and from what I saw there were no visable limbs showing. Not sure what others saw, just MOO.

Not to pick a fight or cause trouble, and I am very very new to WS. I just think it is best to not claim to "know" something that hasn't been confirmed or released by law enforcement.

I would still like to know how you know for sure they found her upper torso and legs?

I wasn't the poster that this was asked but would just add my :twocents: I know it hasn't been confirmed what might have been missing...I would say from the presser where a reporter asked how she was identified and said "by DNA or Dental records" and Trevor said something along the lines of "CBI forensics use multiple ways of establishing identity and DNA is one of them" no mention of dental records...so I guess one would assume from that.

Also, I have a friend who's daughter is friends with some girls and the fathers are with a PD working the case, and after the body was found but before it was identified they had mentioned to my friend that only the torso was found and that they assume it was Jessica due to the size and they were actively searching for one child...I heard this 2nd hand so take it for what it's worth.

I feel so so sad for her parents...but at least they know she is no longer in pain instead of never finding her and wondering if she is hurting..Cases like this don't come a long to often and when they do they hit home especially when it's in your own "backyard" I can't wait until they find this creep and put him away for a long time...so glad Colorado has the DP

Not to pick a fight or cause trouble, and I am very very new to WS. I just think it is best to not claim to "know" something that hasn't been confirmed or released by law enforcement.

IMO its simply our interpretation of what we looked at. I don't think anyone is being intentionally misleading, just expressing our opinions. If we think we saw something, we put it out there to see if others saw the same thing.

I'm not local. I am a mother of four in Alabama and I did not commit the crime, if that's what is causing you concern. I have no inside knowledge other than what is being reported and astute observation.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I would never accuse anyone of anything online (er, even this comes across sounding bad--no, I meant absolutely nothing like that). I just have an obsession with facts that can be cited/quoted. :)

I've tried to some extent to find these graphic images referred to online, but there's really only one I know of that shows anything flesh-colored, and it's extremely indistinct. It could be almost anything.

This goes against my gut instinct about the internet, which is that anything posted on it is pretty much there forever (especially with a high morbid-curiosity component like this case), but it seems it's mostly been removed. If this stuff is still floating around it's not findable with obvious google searches, so when people make definitive statements about what was seen I start wondering (can't help it, human nature). Plus I'd never seen anyone be as specific as you were, even if they'd claimed to have seen the footage. (I've certainly missed earlier days of this thread.)

(There were also situations where people swore they could see the shape of feet and such, where the rest of us could only see the plastic corner of the stretcher, etc.)

I've followed several cases where wild theories and speculation crept in when there was a dearth of new information. I don't think it's unique to this case.

I've seen that after a lull of several months of no new information, but usually in the beginning of a case, most of what I've experienced is that there is an effort to seek factual information and curtail wild speculation. Unfortunately, in a lot of these cases we are here for the long haul. Its usually best to keep the facts organized.

This is to help clarify what all I'm looking at when I'm talking about the WM truck, the orange markers and my very scientific sticky note measurements --

sSbum.jpg

The crappy black drawn arrows by the truck point to the tires. Look closely. There are three orange markers placed by LE beside each tire.

Now, there is a black circle on the middle of the road with arrows pointing to more orange markers. These orange markers are what I measured against the WM truck tire markers.
The marks on the road match the pattern (2 sets of markers close together towards the top, and two lone markers near the bottom). The distance between the marks matches the pattern and distance of the wheels on the WM truck. Also, if you measure the width of the truck, it matchs the distance in width across from one set of orange markers to the other.

The circle on the upper right indicates (for those wondering) where to see the box that a circle of LE is standing around.

The circle on the left appears (to me) to be an orange indicator of some sort by LE either IN the tree, or on the ground by it.

EDIT to ADD:
The firetruck was too long to fit within the orange markers I circled up there... so that couldn't be it.

Hope that helps clarify....

SECOND EDIT:
Maybe I'm not so bright - another poster suggested this might be the firetruck with the light, and I thought not initially b/c I thought that was parked flush to the side of road, but have now seen a photo (you can see it if you keep reading - I posted it down thread).... that shows firetruck was indeed parked over the center line, so maybe I'm wrong, and those orange markers were to denote where the firetruck was. [ Hangs head, closes door, and tiptoes away]

BlueIris, your second edit is correct, an unsupported aerial ladder or telescopic platform firetruck must be positioned for maximum stability. In this case a platform truck would have been parked at an angle due to the required angle of the boom, extension, and bucket load.

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/tr-081.pdf
page 8

I haven't seen this addressed and I am just trying to get an accurate timeline. My understanding is that the body was found by waste management crew last Friday at 2 pm, right? I haven't read the scanner thread but I think a few pages back someone stated that the road was blocked at 2:50.
My question is why was the video from helicopter and other pictures I see if them removing the torso ( large intact portion of body) appear to be shot at night?
I mean it looks really dark, why would they leave it for so many hours? Is that normal?
Seems to me that initial processing would take an hour or so, and then moved to ME for more thorough collection/ processing.
I could be wrong because my knowledge is from tv.

Yes it's normal that it takes hours to process the scene. They probably used the daylight hours to take pictures of the scene as it was found. They can't disturb anything on the ground, more than it may have been already, before combing through it for possible evidence left behind. In the meantime, I think they have to have coroner on the scene before they can remove the body. They may have to call in other specialized people too.
In other words, there are specific protocols they have to follow making sure they preserve any evidence there may be.

When they find a skeletonized body, it can be several days before they clear the site.

One of the reasons they open the scene back up to the public as soon as they can is to watch who comes to the scene. They watch to see if a suspect returns to the scene where he left the body (we don't know if the location where Jessica's body was found is the crime scene - it's probably not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly