CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if investigators have not already spoken to the artist in etsy. They have had it for a lot longer than we have known about it and would have checked, I think.
Leads me to think the person who left/lost it might have made it.

You must be young...lol

Do they still even have head shops?

A head shop is a store that sellls drug items, pipes, papers, insense, jewelry etc.

yes, there are still head shops. there is one in our town that goes by the name of a "tobacco shop" but sells all those items. pd trying to get it shut down for a while now.

My strong intuition remains that imo this evil act is the work of not only what investigators term an "organized" perpetrator, but organized with an extreme amount of detailed premeditation regarding the manner in which she was killed and the manner in which he chose to dispose of her little remains at a specific location that far exceeds any happenstance of convenience or ease of transport and disposal..

We are dealing with a criminal that is deeply disturbed and has taken great pains in the details of executing this crime...and imo there is absolute meaning in the deranged mind of this individual to each and every step, process, and action that was carried out by him..

I am very much of a hopeful mindset that lE is quickly uncovering and unraveling the details and evidence that will lead them directly to this person..imo it will likely be sooner rathe than later that they are able to close in on the perpatrator..
All jmo..

It looks new to me as well, but it also looks intentionally "distressed", a popular decorative type of finish to make it look antique or vintage.

Wow - took the afternoon off to clean my house and new lead! I hope this will be what helps them break this case and get that monster off the street. Personally, I think the three marks were put on the cross when it was made. If owner added the slashes, it would remove the stain/clearcoat over the slashes. JMO

I am being optimistic and hoping some mother or wife or girlfriend knows exactly who that cross belongs to.

Wow - took the afternoon off to clean my house and new lead! I hope this will be what helps them break this case and get that monster off the street. Personally, I think the three marks were put on the cross when it was made. If owner added the slashes, it would remove the stain/clearcoat over the slashes. JMO

Agreed.....

Some posters have pondered whether the perp made the cross himself, though.

Apologies if this has already been hashed over in the past few hours (overnight for me - I have awoken to lots of pages to read). I commented on this clip last night which clearly shows a brown bag sitting in the middle of an area surrounded by police tape, presumably at the location of where the backpack was found. It is the news clip which many posters have been referring to when discussing the circumstances/situation in which the backpack was found. Lots of people discounted it as misreporting - but there it is on video. It's not some fleeting shot that can be misinterpreted - it is very clear. I realise the backpack would have been put into a large evidence bag, which seems to be shown being carried by a LE officer in the video. The bag in the middle of the taped off area does look smaller.

I don't watch every clip or photo posted as it sometimes seems like we are watching the same ones over and over again - but this particular news clip was one that I had never seen before, and it really surprised me. Worth a look at least.

Again ... sorry if this has been debated at length in the past few hours. I have to head out and don't have time to catch up on all the pages I have missed and just wanted to get my 2 cents worth in! :)

So let's start a list of what we have so far (feel free to quote and add on)

1) cross is 1 inch by 1.5 inches
2) cross has a hole for possible necklace chain or cord
3) cross is offset
4) cross has three slashes on the front
5) cross does not appear to have any wearing by the hole where the cord goes

I'm sorry, but what is a head shop?
How cool that there are so many people who don't know what a head shop is? I need to live wherever they are (no, don't tell me, I don't want to get in trouble)

Or wait, maybe I'm just showing my age.....:rolleyes:

:moo:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/105007424/mens-jewelry-rustic-hand-carved-cross

I've never seen a curved/offset cross.

this artist makes many, many with 3 etched lines

when I looks at his shop my stomach tightens and churns.
The guy has had 248 sales from his etsy shop, not bad. I don't think the cross came from etsy, I don't see the perp as an online etsy shopper. I have an etsy store (O/T but it's a great extention of how I make my living, don't worry I won't spam my own site here :)

You must be young...lol

Do they still even have head shops?

A head shop is a store that sellls drug items, pipes, papers, insense, jewelry etc.

Not young, :Djust Australian, but thank you. I'm not sure what we would call that but I picture a 'hippy' style set up. Lots of dragons and velvet clothing.

Agreed.....

Some posters have pondered whether the perp made the cross himself, though.

Yes, that could be the case. I REALLY hope someone recognizes this and turns the name in to PD. It could be the owner is innocent and just lost the cross somewhere, but it certainly is a good lead to look into. Of course, depending on where the PD found it will make the "Just lost it" alibi more or less suspicious.

82nd? Although it isn't a road I have ever traveled I believe it comes out at highway 93 on one side and Indiana on the other side.

I didn't mean to make it sound like it was a dead end -- only that if he was heading back into town, he'd have to drive a long way around. There aren't a lot of places to live along 93. It's possible, of course. Again, I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought turning around was the only option. It just seemed by far the most likely.

3) cross is offset

The cross might have never been worn, but placed.

I think the offset of the cross may very well be an attempt at being 'artistic".

3) cross is offset

6) cross has three straight random? zigzag pattern making slashes on back.

Can you imagine seeing this cross on the news and recognizing it!?..the thought scares me. But I do hope someone does!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/105007424/mens-jewelry-rustic-hand-carved-cross

I've never seen a curved/offset cross.

this artist makes many, many with 3 etched lines

when I looks at his shop my stomach tightens and churns.

I'm not by any means saying you're wrong -- but how many men do you know who use Etsy to shop? This brings me to my point: perhaps someone bought this for him and he carried it out of sentimental value? If it was a gift, someone in the community might be able to actually recognize it!

I'd love to know just where LE found this cross, and whether or not they believe it was purposefully planted, or accidentally lost.

But, of course, LE is seeking the public's help in identifying the former wearer or owner.

So, what's the possibility the cross is a red herring planted by the murderer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member