CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe getting closer?

"The "Alpha-Omega" symbol was written under the arms of the cross within a circle or triangle."
figure: http://www.newadvent.org/images/01332aax.gif

"In the Apocalypse the "Alpha-Omega" taking the place of its Hebrew equivalent occur in the first chapter to designate God"

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01332b.htm

Those etching arent anything symbolic in history other than to the person that owns the cross. There was no triangle on the cross anyway.

Am I right in thinking the "light skinned" part implies "non caucasian"?

:waitasec:
I'm pretty sure light skinned means exactly that. Having little skin pigmentation. Not tanned, not African American, not olive skinned, but light skinned, as in pale-ish. They did not say "light skinned African American", so I have to think just plain not tan, light skin.

I remembered the report about the jogger because I ride and bike around here, too, and was very startled that someone used chloroform and it was so scary and audacious.

BUT, I personally didn't connect it because JR is so much younger than I thought the jogger was. I guess I just associate Jessica's killer with someone purposefully seeking children, but I could be wrong.

BTK killed men, women, children.

This guy reminds me of him.

Looking at photo #4 in your link, I've really become convinced that the three vertical marks are raised, not etched in to the wood. If you compare the shadows around them and the general way they look to the smaller lines near them (which appear to be indented), you can really see that the three large lines are raised and bumpy.

I don't think they're hatch-marks for victims or etched into the wood at all. Perhaps they have something to do with the 3-dimensional grain of wood used? Perhaps they were added in some other medium?

The zig-zag, however, looks etched to me.

Someone posted earlier (with a pic) about a similar wooden cross that had a "decoration" attached -- in the example he/she posted, I believe it was a metallic-looking rose.

If the three lines ARE raised (I can't tell for sure), maybe that WAS an attachment point for something. Maybe it was a crucifix, originally, and the Jesus figure has been removed or has come off.

I'm pretty sure light skinned means exactly that. Having little skin pigmentation. Not tanned, not African American, not olive skinned, but light skinned, as in pale-ish. They did not say "light skinned African American", so I have to think just plain not tan, light skin.

My thought is they don't want to commit to Caucasian.

I remembered the report about the jogger because I ride and bike around here, too, and was very startled that someone used chloroform and it was so scary and audacious.

BUT, I personally didn't connect it because JR is so much younger than I thought the jogger was. I guess I just associate Jessica's killer with someone purposefully seeking children, but I could be wrong.

It is very unusual for a child predator to abduct an adult female, but as someone posted before, if the predator is unsuccessful abducting his preferred victim, it would not be unlikely for them to lower their expectations. A child victim would be much easier to overpower and gain compliance..

There is precedence for predators/serial killers that had no victim profile, only a preference.. Otis Toole, and Gary Hilton are only two examples..

That may be true that sometimes light-skinned=not white, but I still think that what one person may have caught a glimpse of in the middle of a struggle when someone has a hat on may not be the most accurate description of his race especially when race can be confused just in normal situations where you can sit and look at someone as long as you want. I feel like it was worded as vaguely as possible for that reason-they do NOT want us eliminating entire races of people as suspects whether that be anyone who identifies as white or anyone who identifies as not white. Therefore, all we know is that he has light skin. Which doesn't give us much, I guess :/

This may have been discussed before, but I saw something online about the cross with three lines above it (as a tattoo) being a prevalent gang symbol. It's called the "Pachuco cross" and is popular among Hispanic and Latino American gangs.

images

Just wondering if the three lines on the cross might be a different representation of this. Even though I want to believe the three lines are simply "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" I have admit I've seen a ton of crosses and never seen one with the lines.

So, I have to imagine - and the great-grandmother's comment reinforces - that those lines are there are purpose. If that's the case, the options I see are: (1) Gang or (2) Number of victims.

Neither option makes me sleep better.

My thought is they don't want to commit to Caucasian.

I agree the "light skinned" is confusing. I would think, in this area, if they were referring to African American, they'd say "light skinned AA." I think it's more they aren't sure maybe whether it's Latino or Causcasian. There are far more Latinos and Caucasians in Arvada/Westminster than African Americans, I think.

It is very unusual for a child predator to abduct an adult female, but as someone posted before, if the predator is unsuccessful abducting his preferred victim, it would not be unlikely for them to lower their expectations. A child victim would be much easier to overpower and gain compliance..

There is precedence for predators/serial killers that had no victim profile, only a preference.. Otis Toole, and Gary Hilton are only two examples..

Brian Dugan in IL is another. He liked to rape and kill females, any age.

BTK killed men, women, children.

This guy reminds me of him.

Well, if this is the same perp, it would seem to me that he decided an adult woman was too much of a struggle for him, so decided on an easier target-a little girl who couldn't fight back. JMO

Because I cannot go back and read everything, do we even know where the cross was found at all. How do they know it has anything to do with Jessica. TIA

I´v had this thought, that the wodden cross, found at a JR cimes scene, might be a "souvenir" from one of the killers previous victims.

So... is there any murder victims in US that wore a wooden cross when they disappeared ?

I am telling you all, I saw someone who makes these like this as necklaces. She sells them on roped type string not chains.

I believe you teaparty. Ive seen them worn as necklaces.

So my take is simple. I think they have dna from the runner's attacker and dna from JR's attacker and it matches. I think the cross was left with JR's remains and that the runner also saw it. And that the runner described the attacker as light skinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie