CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally true. It must be purposeful. They also don't say "white" in many of the profiles anymore. Even Westy PD's facebook page only says "light-skinned."

Perhaps DNA shows a "mixed" ancestry and they are not sure a particular part of it necessarily would be known or guessed by an acquaintance or a witness -- so, again, to keep folks from ruling out a "possible" person too quickly.

BBM Interesting, possibly as a taunt to LE

Anyone recall that at the discovery site, LE was sorta up in that tree?
And there was a red evidence flag in that tree? IIRC

Maybe the perp hung that cross in that tree...:what:

I´v had the same thought!

Just catching up, so I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but there was another incident in 2010 at Lake Ketner:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21817974/jogger-choked-8-year-old-boy-near-ketner

ETA: Oops, sorry--it appears that was THIS year (not 2010).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WOW. Thanks for that link. I also saw Westy PD mentioned: "We recognize there are similarities between the May 28, 2012 incident and a July 2010 incident. Due to the ongoing investigation and consideration there is an unidentified predator on the loose, it is a top priority for the police department to protect the identity of the females in both of those incidents."

So, there's the July 2010 incident, which was a female. Then, the little boy in the article above three weeks before the Memorial Day incident. Then, the jogger Memorial Day weekend. And Jessica.

I think also significant is the jogging part. Memorial Day weekend around here is a big deal for runners because Memorial Day is the Bolder Boulder, the nation's largest 10K race (50,000+ runners/joggers/walkers). The description in the boy's account says the runner was wearing a BB t-shirt. For someone to think they could abduct a jogger, moreover, the abductor would have to think they're fast enough to catch or keep up with the jogger.

But why doesn't LE say they ARE connected? They speak about it POSSIBLY being connected, which indicates they do not have a DNA match between the crimes.

That's why I think they probably don't have DNA from the Ketner attack -- maybe going off something else, such as, as I suggested before, matching shoeprints or something similar.

"The attack on the 8-year-old boy was not reported in the media until Friday when KDVR-Channel 31 ran a story."

Seriously? They never ran a story on this until now? That is insane.

Insane indeed, Ghostwheel... 'Silence is the predators most lethal weapon'..
It has been reported that Rape is the most under reported of all crimes. I am beginning to think that it is attempted child abductions. At least in the Denver, CO, area.

Jogger choked 8-year-old boy near Ketner Lake in Westminster in May
POSTED: 10/20/2012 10:34:43 AM MDT
UPDATED: 10/20/2012 04:22:46 PM MDTBy Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post

Three weeks before a man attacked a woman near Ketner Lake, someone with a similar description choked an 8-year-old boy in a possible kidnapping attempt.

The man ran away only after the boy's sister and her friend yelled and cursed, threw their cell phones at him and the friend pulled on Chandler Jameson's arm.

"I don't know if he was trying to kill him, scare him or kidnap him," said Lisa Jameson, Chandler's mother.
(snipped-read more)

I hope you can provide clarification on this issue. Perhaps there was a typo. . . .but I don't understand it.

TIA.

(friend J says he's pretty sure when they walked into the school, she stopped to talk to a teacher named Miss Krouse(sp?), she's a teachers aide, can't confirm if she actually went inside, per teacher she was not in class today, all kids say she was not in class today and had no plans for the weekend, teacher confirms she saw her walk into the school but she was not in class)

LINK
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

MAYBE the cross originally belonged to the jogger, but it did not have the marks in it. MAYBE the jogger recognizes it as hers. (and then it was found at the site where Jessica's body was found). Just a thought.

Then why would LE ask for any local areas that sold crosses like this? Or why would they admit to looking for it online but couldn't find it and so released it to public for help? If it was joggers she would know very well where she purchased it

(friend J says he's pretty sure when they walked into the school, she stopped to talk to a teacher named Miss Krouse(sp?), she's a teachers aide, can't confirm if she actually went inside, per teacher she was not in class today, all kids say she was not in class today and had no plans for the weekend, teacher confirms she saw her walk into the school but she was not in class)

LINK
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Psst... I don't know all the rules of the forum but I think you're not allowed to discuss the stuff on the scanner threads up here.

The trail at Ketner is compacted dirt. Not paved. But still fairly wide (not like a narrow little hiking trail). Kinda like a dirt sidewalk going around the small reservoir.

Ridgewayketnerlake1.jpg

I think that test is hogwash. I know the one to test a mixed breed dog for which breeds are mixed is definitely hogwash. Lots of scams making lots of money IMHO.
The last I heard , anthropologists were trying to ascertain racial heritage through use of mitochondrial DNA and were not terribly successful.
Regardless, it is not a forensic test, nor available at the forensics labs, nor are they going to be willing to sacrifice a sample of the DNA to run a questionable assay.

IMHO IMHO IMHO I am not speaking as an expert, this is my opinion only, although I do work with DNA sequencing and understand genotyping very well.

BBM
research it elmomom. this DNA technology has been available and utilized successfully in England for over two decades.

LINK
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I've missed many, many posts in these fast-moving threads, so excuse me, if this question has been answered already a thousand times: Did Jessica's school have surveillance cameras, and were they checked?

Why did it say in another article that it was recovered at the site where Jessica's body was found?? Bad reporting, or they changed their mind about what to share?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought I read that they are not releasing that info. It could be from any of the sites they think might be related to Jessica R. case. Could be the Lake site. Wouldn't it then be possible, someone in the lake, dropped the cross, if it's a place that people go for recreation?

I've been trying to keep up, but do pardon me if this issue has been addressed.

A "purchased" cross that looks possibly stained and/or varnished cannot be "marked" by the owner without revealing evidence that the marks were made after purchase. I'm no expert woodworker, but I have to think that the police are savvy enough to know these details.

BBM Interesting, possibly as a taunt to LE

Anyone recall that at the discovery site, LE was sorta up in that tree?
And there was a red evidence flag in that tree? IIRC

Maybe the perp hung that cross in that tree...:what:

Possible, but it's so small, it wouldn't even be visible in the dark.

Could be a wooden cross earring. That's right. Because several people have seen juveniles/men wearing wooden cross earrings.

But why doesn't LE say they ARE connected? They speak about it POSSIBLY being connected, which indicates they do not have a DNA match between the crimes.

They've got something ... that we know for sure.

Perhaps the use of a chemical, such as chloroform, was found at more than one crime scene. We know it was used in the park in 2010 ... perhaps that chemical was on Jessica's face or backpack. Perhaps the cross was taken from the jogger and then appeared at the location where Jessica's remains were found.

It may not be DNA ... but there's a big enough connection that police have connected the two crimes. They have also said this may be connected with the disappearance of Kayla Chadwick in Fort Morgan in March this year. There must be a reason for that too.

I think Westminster PD telling people to only submit tips to the phone number or email address is another way to worry the perp. He probably loves seeing all the guesses and ideas people are making.

--------------
I find myself wondering if he reads here. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members