CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motorcade fundraiser benefits family of Jessica Ridgeway

"Thousands of motorcyclists and drivers came out Sunday to honor the memory of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway and raised an estimated $40,000 for her family."

"The approximately 2,000 participants each paid $20 to participate in the event, according to organizers. Every dollar earned will go to Jessica's parents, Sarah Ridgeway and Jeremiah Bryant, Beckwith said."

Stephan Teske, a family friend and spokesperson for the Ridgeways, said it was by far the largest fundraiser in memory of Jessica.
"I know that most of the money is going to be used for the Jessica Ridgeway Foundation" the family plans to create, Teske said. "They want to do something positive for her memory, like sending kids to camp and cheerleading stuff. Jessica really wanted to do cheerleading."

"Beckwith's sponsors designed a special purple helmet that said "We Love you, Jessica" on the front and had a purple memorial ribbon on the back.
Beckwith led the motorcade on his bright red motorcycle just before 2 p.m. At the end of the tour, he and his family signed the helmet and gave it to the Ridgeways."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...e-fundraiser-benefits-family-jessica-ridgeway

Wow, that's so wonderful.

I have heard that just her torso was found. I do not know if this is true or not.

IMO I think the bag was dropped north because the investigation was going toward where he wanted to put her.

The houses in the area her BP was found is very nice upscale houses. (Expensive) I think he wanted to keep them away from in his eyes the perfect place.

I am thinking he lives in Arvada. But who knows? It just my thoughts.

Uh guys... that commenter I told you about. It just dawned on me that his fb name is that of a mentally ill man who killed a child and is awaiting trial. I won't be more specific right now. :what:

There's a 'new' profile made up w/in the last hour making hateful snarky comments on a lot of the comments and such on the WPD site too- wow!

There's a 'new' profile made up w/in the last hour making hateful snarky comments on a lot of the comments and such on the WPD site too- wow!

I wonder if the new poster is trying to get the comments disabled on the site. If anyone is interested in specific comments, I suggest you take screen shots, ASAP.

I hope that I am wrong but I think that we have a serial killer at work in Colorado. I do not believe he is a local or from Jessica's neighborhood. I believe he will kill again but in a different state. The states really have to be good about communicating with one another over the next several months.

Where did all of the multitude of photos posted by Zola go to?...they have all been deleted does anyone know why?

I hope that I am wrong but I think that we have a serial killer at work in Colorado. I do not believe he is a local or from Jessica's neighborhood. I believe he will kill again but in a different state. The states really have to be good about communicating with one another over the next several months.

The scary thing is I don't think most people outside of Colorado (or even just Denver) are being more vigilant, changing routines, etc etc.

Do the 3 notches on the cross represent the # of victims? :(

This is another reason I'm not too shocked about the lack of witnesses once she left the house.

I have no idea why the neighbor's dad did not drive the 1000ft towards Jessica's house to see where she was and why she didn't show up. I would have felt like that was my responsibility at that point (since she just spoke with him on the phone).

I wonder if the new poster is trying to get the comments disabled on the site. If anyone is interested in specific comments, I suggest you take screen shots, ASAP.

do you have a link for the site you are viewing. i went to facebook page and am not seeing much of anything

If she was driving by to just lurk & gossip, then I'd def agree its being rude. However, could she have driven past Jessica's house bc she happens to live on the same street, or maybe she was dropping off or picking up a child for a sleepover? If that's the case, then her remarks could have actually been innocent & not gossipy at all. Could she have just innocently noted that cops were still there taking plates bc the entire area is in fear & at their wits end with trying to bring the freak responsible for this to justice?

Could be.

And I do usually try to take the charitable view.

However, the original post seemed to imply that the woman drove by there on one single day, which would seem to suggest she does not routinely drive down that street.

Just looking at the maps of the area, Jessica's street does not appear to be on any sort of main throughway.

do you have a link for the site you are viewing. i went to facebook page and am not seeing much of anything

My post was in reply to this one about Westminster PD FB comments. Didn't see it myself though.
Maybe they've since been deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003