CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With LE withholding information on which parts were found, perhaps that is for the benefit of everyone. I know we want to know so we can help, but is it common for LE to provide such details? If I was Jessica's mom, I do not know that I would want that information out there.

This is the first case I've watched closely, so I'm not sure if details behind withheld is atypical. I just thought maybe it was for the benefit of her family.

FWIW I think WS is the only place I've seen it mentioned - speculation or otherwise - that her remains were "displayed" or "arranged." Of course I might've missed it. It seems the bag found that had some of her remains in it wasn't hidden or at least wasn't well hidden. Somehow I think
not well hidden" morphed into "displayed."

This is the only place I'm currently reading to follow the case (outside of any MSM articles I see). Yes, it was someone's speculation and opinion. I opined last week, before this article was written, that I saw nothing to indicate any kind of "display" or "staging/arrangement." And now we know -- the remains were not displayed and were not arranged.

Would someone be so kind as to summarize the most pertinent points and links, as found by WSers regarding the cross, similar crosses found online, and confirm whether a cross was in any way linked or seen by the victim in the attempted abduction on the Jogger back in May?

TIA

To clarify, I think the idea that the body was "displayed" came from a few locals who were watching live helicopter shots that were quite graphic. As far as I can tell, thee pictures never made it to the Internet. I myself have never seen them. In my opinion, the investigators themselves may have been "arranging" things to take photos on site, and that was perceived differently by those watching an incomprehensible live broadcast of horrific sights.
Jmo.

Thanks Elmomom, you may be right. I'm thankful I haven't seen those pictures - imagine you probably are too. :(

Basically, we just don't know. From numerous witnesses to the live shots on TV it seemed like her legs, or parts of them were possibly with the torso. But in all honesty, I don't think we know even that much for certain.

I know it's a long shot, but is there a link? IF TMI people: Half her torso was there (im going with that for now because they kept stating they had no idea) and her legs.. I'm going to assume the person cut at the joints. There's a reason for that and anyone with a medical background who had to go in to see an amputation knows how quickly, and where they cut (provided the wound). It also minimizes blood loss if tied off.

So say you had to get amputated from the knee cap down, they would tourniquet it, and can get that sucker off in less than 15 minutes. If you do it the victorian way, (which a murder would) - 1 minute tops. One knife, one saw and one tourniquet. I watched a video of it being done in Vietnam (guy was awake no less) - 30 seconds. Seriously, 30 seconds from start to finish.

Something is really off though. He wanted her discovered. He wanted the thrill of watching it live. But, if he kept the head, hands, breasts, genitals and feet...he's playing a very well thought out game.

But it goes back to "how do you entice a child into a car now a days?". What was the incentive or pressure? I think that starts with asking her peers in a case study what works. You know, set up the scenario to be kidnapped on the same street, same time frame and see how easy it is.

lol sure. The man who was arrested for abducting the young girl who escaped (the guy who takes scenic shots). He was arrested 1 week after Jessica's remain(s) were found. There's 4 pivotal modeling websites out there to seek work, I'm not comfortable in naming them. My tip was called in.

LE said he was not connected to Jessica's case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Someone just posted this on facebook on the Westminster PD page. Does anyone have a link to this article? I have been gone all night, sorry if you have already discussed this.

The internet edition says this is a front page article so I doubt this is the one.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

This one is listed under COPS AND COURTS so I bet it's the one mentioned in your post:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...geway-murder-case-look-beyond-open?source=pkg

I don't know what the person might be asking about.

On the photographer of thise very pictures's facebook, a poster with intials TC is comparing him to the recent arrested WY child rapist photographer Jesse Speers.

I wonder if those two photographers know each other???:

here is TC's post:

"I really enjoy looking through your galleries, Michael. What I like about your work is its uniqueness. Whereas I am Master of the Obvious, photographers like you (and Jesse Speer, etc.) are so good at finding that subtle beauty and less obvious compositions that I constantly pass right by unaware.2009 8:26.Michael Deleon Photo

Reply by the Photographer in your post:
"Thanks Todd! I've always loved your work and hearing that from you means a lot! But I see you more as the Master of Clouds, not the Obvious :)2009 20:19...Facebook © 2012"
I cannot find the comment, is there a link? I'm on modeling sites and can pull up info now.

With LE withholding information on which parts were found, perhaps that is for the benefit of everyone. I know we want to know so we can help, but is it common for LE to provide such details?

It is very typical for LE to not release information about their cases and investigation and evidence unless there is something specific they need (like asking people to help identify someone who may have had that cross they found). Their job is to catch the perp and protect the integrity of the case and evidence so that the perp(s) can be successfully indicted and the DA can prosecute, and to alert the public if there's any specific danger.

Catering to public curiosity is not part of the deal. People wonder if LE holds back information. Yes! LE always knows more than the general public in criminal cases. No, they will never release all the information they have. Sometimes they won't release anything and the public just has to wait until a trial to find out the details of the case.

Would someone be so kind as to summarize the most pertinent points and links, as found by WSers regarding the cross, similar crosses found online, and confirm whether a cross was in any way linked or seen by the victim in the attempted abduction on the Jogger back in May?

TIA

There really isn't anything to summarize that isn't on the Westmister Police facebook site. It's not been linked to the other case yet as far as we know.

https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

LE doesn't need a similar cross, they are interested if someone knows where to buy or find one locally, or if anyone knows someone who had an identical one. hth

AstroKitty, TMI honey! Please don't. We had photos removed because they were similar. Thanks.

Knowing what we know about another photographer in a different state, I hope LE has been informed of this.

I'm not really a fan of coincidence...

:waitasec:

I really do not think this has anything to do with the photographer and my post was not intended to suggest that at all. I thought that maybe this perp had frequented this site and area with others in his youth and maybe had been with someone when he spray painted that cross.

IMO there is much more going on than trying to hide her id to explain the state her remains were found in. Chilling words from LE continue to make me believe this.

"We have dealt with ugly. That is our job," said Westminster police Investigator Trevor Materasso. "But we haven't ever dealt with something like this."

Read more: Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...way-what-happened-colorado-girl#ixzz29z3P0yHb
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Absolutely , positively agree that the part you bolded is the most chilling words stated by LE. It goes way beyond hiding a body. :moo:

AstroKitty, TMI honey! Please don't. We had photos removed because they were similar. Thanks.
I swear on everything I won't post anything graphic or talk about it. Swear! I was just wondering about the photos outdoors (of the buildings).

I swear on everything I won't post anything graphic or talk about it. Swear! I was just wondering about the photos outdoors (of the buildings).

No Hon, it was another post. I"ll drop it now. Sorry to interupt.

I think your idea is interesting. Probably not the case, but with so many kids that are taken and never found/so many unsolved crimes, we just don't know. The only thing crazier than the idea itself is that this stuff does really happen.

Yeah it's a way far fetched idea and once I read about the Lake Kenter attempt being possibly linked- figure it's not a case of mistaken identity- but just couldn't get that out of my head.

And IDK why planners didn't use more original names on those streets- we were always getting the wrong mail etc- guess they were lazy in the late '70's. gosh back then it was still Broomfield too- wasn't even Westminster- the city limits have changed...

I really do not think this has anything to do with the photographer and my post was not intended to suggest that at all. I thought that maybe this perp had frequented this site and area with others in his youth and maybe had been with someone when he spray painted that cross.

Harmony, I have a copy of a photo that was posted on here of the same site and was removed from the original poster. I don't know if I can repost it here. It has red spray paint with letters spelling out "bled your love" which I associate with Christianity and there were other things I couldn't make out spray painted in red as well. The red cross could have been done by the same person. The letters are slanted like the letter "s" of the cross. If it even is a letter s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003