CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no no no no no .... Colorado girl here. King Soopers was founded in CO, it is local to its core. I think the first store was in Arvada. Kroger did buy KS 20 years ago, or some time, so it is corporately owned. But King Soopers is King Soopers, not Kroger!! :D

...I was sure it was Kroger?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroger"]Kroger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

They're managed under Kroger, anyway

I dont think this was done by any one other than a white male!

Just something I ran across while checking out sex offenders.....One in particular with Hispanic surname was listed as "white" on the write up. Made me wonder......

no no no no no .... Colorado girl here. King Soopers was founded in CO, it is local to its core. I think the first store was in Arvada. Kroger did buy KS 20 years ago, or some time, so it is corporately owned. But King Soopers is King Soopers, not Kroger!! :D
I know, it felt weird to me when I moved out of Colorado and found out I could use my King Soopers card at Kroger.

And how close is it to where Jessica was abducted?

Depending on which route you take from 1.7 miles to 2.1- IF it's the King Soopers on Wadsworth and 100th. Which is the closest to her home.

*sorry was looking it up when Dylansmom posted same info... sorry for duplicating it

I know in the Evansdale case, everyday for a few weeks the LE would have a press conference and keep the public notified. Is that happening in this case?

I don't think there is a press conference everyday. I am searching many times a day for news and it doesn't look like there has been any news since the announcement of the cross.

I genuinely believe this guy will be caught but I don't know when or how keep justice for Jessica in your prayers. Remember many of us were despondent in Mickey Shunick's case but her killer was caught. There are other cases I had doubts about too and it took a while for the predator to be caught but it happened in the end.

Ok, I really have no idea, but why would interviews and leaks lure out the killer?

This is all MOO, my guess would be that they are trying to get the killer to act out in such a manner as to draw attention to himself. If LE through a "leak" puts information out there, like the reciepts from a specific store, everybody knows that there are cameras at the checkouts. That might lead the perp to suspect that they have him on camera and are coming for him, which in turn might lead him to act rashly to get rid of any items he may have been holding on to, like her socks. Again, just speculation and probably way out in left field but I though it might be a plausable theory.:panic:

And how close is it to where Jessica was abducted?

Did they say 100th and Wadsworth? About 2 miles? I don't find a KS on 100th and Wads, but they said "near"...

I suppose I worry a bit about the receipt. I want to know what else was on it? It might have been somebody buying something to leave at the memorial, and they coincidentally bought garbage bags that day too. They do say they went back through months of store footage though, so perhaps it is older.

I know, it felt weird to me when I moved out of Colorado and found out I could use my King Soopers card at Kroger.

We have to stick up for our King Soopers, you know. Then there is City Market, founded on the Western SLope.... All under Kroger now.
sorry, OT

Did they say 100th and Wadsworth? About 2 miles? I don't find a KS on 100th and Wads, but they said "near"...

I suppose I worry a bit about the receipt. I want to know what else was on it? It might have been somebody buying something to leave at the memorial, and they coincidentally bought garbage bags that day too. They do say they went back through months of store footage though, so perhaps it is older.

It's address is actually Wadsworth. We shopped there when I was young-- it's easily walkable if necessary.

Well, if the article is true and her clothes were found in the bookbag, there's no way it was dropped there to make it look like she went that direction. It was purposely put there for LE to find it, this is obviously a game to him.

King Soopers on Wadsworth (hope this map works)

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...gl=us&ei=44-FULzcH4fC2wWe9YFg&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA

and to me, it might indicate where the perp lives? That general area? Since there are so many grocery stores in the area to choose from (Safeway, maybe a few Albertsons left here and there, Dollar stores, Walgreens, etc etc etc)

ETA: OK, so the map didn't work right, but plug in the address into the directions and you can look: 9983 Wadsworth

I think it was pretty irresponsible article and impeding the investigation if it was put out against LE's wishes. If they wanted the info out that's one thing, but if not, the reporter wanted sensationalism, at the cost of finding a killer. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhiser79