CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. they are using twitter and facebook.

OT - I joined Twitter to follow this case and I am wondering if since I am following WPD will I get a notice when they post something? tia

I think it was pretty irresponsible article and impeding the investigation if it was put out against LE's wishes. If they wanted the info out that's one thing, but if not, the reporter wanted sensationalism, at the cost of finding a killer. IMO

As far as I know, not much of this info was out before, right?

-that there is DNA (though we all suspected there was)
-that only her torso was found
-that her clothes were in her backpack (though we suspected this as well)
-that hair and receipts were found (last I heard last night on the news it was "unknown new evidence")
-that there is a link to another attempted sex assault
-that a RSO was a POI on her block

That's A LOT of info to spill.

I don't know but it gives me chills thinking that he did

I suppose its possible that he did not keep the socks and that they were still on her body. Also If it was a game to him to put the back pack with her clothes in it right there where he did..then what was the reasoning for it being done in the Sierra Lamar case? I think it was to distract from another location. JMO.

OT - I joined Twitter to follow this case and I am wondering if since I am following WPD will I get a notice when they post something? tia

I am not sure.. I don't tweet tweep or teet (as his honorable judge perry said during the case I will not name)

but they did tweet 3 times today.. did you get a notice for those?

Only if they Deem you a "Suspect".. LOL! Seriously now, I am joking but I couldn't resist. I don't know the answer to your question though.

The thing about keeping her socks was in the KDVR article from last night that LE said was 60% wrong, I will find the link:

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

So take it for what it is worth, but in keeping with the theory that I proposed earlier about it being a controlled "leak" from LE in order to draw out the killer, IMHO it could be accurate. As to why this sick ******er would keep her socks, I do not know and I do not even want to speculate about it because it makes my stomach churn.

Here is that part.

Snipped from article:

Fox 31 Denver has learned new details about the Ridgeway murder investigation showing investigators are making progress in finding her killer.

In the days after she vanished, investigators asked the public to stop looking at what the 10-year-old girl was wearing when she vanished, and pay more particular attention to her facial features.

“She has a gap in-between her front teeth,” said Westminster police investigator Trevor Materasso.

Sources say the reason police asked the public to change their focus is because when they found Ridgeway’s book bag after her disappearance, her clothes were inside. A source said only her socks were missing.

I am not sure.. I don't tweet tweep or teet (as his honorable judge perry said during the case I will not name)

but they did tweet 3 times today.. did you get a notice for those?

No, but I actually only started following them this morning. Last tweet I saw said they were going to post info concerning the latest info reported. I will go and check. thanks for responding.

If you have your Twitter set up that way, I follow a few folks I get update notices on, on my phone- others I don't... You go to their profile, click the drop down button and select turn on mobile notifications. HTH

I suppose its possible that he did not keep the socks and that they were still on her body. Also If it was a game to him to put the back pack with her clothes in it right there where he did..then what was the reasoning for it being done in the Sierra Lamar case? I think it was to distract from another location. JMO.

Did I miss where it said her socks were missing? The video just says "most of the clothes she was wearing"

Why would he keep her socks?

This is probably not the case given the weather when she disappeared but I'm just throwing it out there in case, but it could be possible that she wasn't wearing socks. Sometimes my kids throw on just their shoes if we are running late out of the house for school even though I've told them time and time again that they are not allowed to leave the house without socks, without my knowledge. I don't check to make sure they have on socks every morning as I have a gazillion of other things to wory about. This could very well be the case. MOO

The thing about keeping her socks was in the KDVR article from last night that LE said was 60% wrong, I will find the link:

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

So take it for what it is worth, but in keeping with the theory that I proposed earlier about it being a controlled "leak" from LE in order to draw out the killer, IMHO it could be accurate. As to why this sick ******er would keep her socks, I do not know and I do not even want to speculate about it because it makes my stomach churn.

Here is that part.

Snipped from article:

Fox 31 Denver has learned new details about the Ridgeway murder investigation showing investigators are making progress in finding her killer.

In the days after she vanished, investigators asked the public to stop looking at what the 10-year-old girl was wearing when she vanished, and pay more particular attention to her facial features.

“She has a gap in-between her front teeth,” said Westminster police investigator Trevor Materasso.

Sources say the reason police asked the public to change their focus is because when they found Ridgeway’s book bag after her disappearance, her clothes were inside. A source said only her socks were missing.

I still hear "most of the clothes" and no mention of socks. Maybe they edited it?

Ah sheesh. I READ the article! LOL! Sorry guys, move along...

This is probably not the case given the weather when she disappeared but I'm just throwing it out there in case, but it could be possible that she wasn't wearing socks. Sometimes my kids throw on just their shoes if we are running late out of the house for school even though I've told them time and time again that they are not allowed to leave the house without socks, without my knowledge. I don't check to make sure they have on socks every morning as I have a gazillion of other things to wory about. This could very well be the case. MOO

Could be. I haven't worn socks yet unless I had on my boots. Just slip-ons so far. Coloradans are like that!

-that hair and receipts were found (last I heard last night on the news it was "unknown new evidence")

Yep, sounds like maybe someone was blabbing with inside info, hope they get to the bottom of it.

Did I miss where it said her socks were missing? The video just says "most of the clothes she was wearing"

I linked to the article in post #308. Also, snipped the paragraphs about BP and missing socks. HTH

ETA I type slow,glad that you found it.

The RSO lives in Denver, not in Jessica's neighborhood/Westminster. It was reported on the 12th that he lives near 4th and Sante Fe, which is just south of the downtown Denver area.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/12/police-converge-on-house-in-denver-follow-up-tip-in-jessica-ridgeway-case/

Horrible question, but do we know yet if this is a murder only or a murder PLUS sexual assault?

I think we're all operating under the premise that this was a sexual assault attempt at first and have spent a lot of time looking at RSOs.

I ask, because if there is no sexual assault involved, I would think it changes the range of possible suspects. For example, the attempted abduction last night involved TWO people in a car. One asked directions and the other got out with a towel with (presumed) chloroform on it - the latter detail makes it eerily similar to the May jogger attempted abduction at Ketner.

If these are all related somehow, the perp seems to just be trying to find victims he can overpower, not specifically little girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl