CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been to Colorado, but as far as I can tell half the men in the state are Candyman lookalikes. Moreover, while undoubtedly a creep, there's been zero evidence presented that he had anything to do with Jessica. I'm not sure what bringing up that sketch again could reasonably accomplish.

Not a personal criticism, absentia, just my thoughts on that general line of inquiry.

what could it accomplish? well, I'll be watching out for that man in particular, to stay away from and to call LE if I see him as he's wanted for murder. also, in my mind, it helps to put a name and face to JR's killer. makes me feel something more concrete about who it is, instead of thinking it could be anyone anywhere.
that may be not the truth, but it makes me feel better.

I am really angry about the "news" article released last night! How irresponsible!
IF ANY of it is true, why on earth would any reputable news agency release information that could put the search for Jessica's killer in jeopardy??
I call BS on most of what was in it, for reasons that have mostly been stated by others already but even if it is untrue, what an irresponsible and sick thing to do! They are messing with a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION! Not to mention all who love Jessica and are reading these horrible "details" in a newspaper. Again, even if they all end up being untrue, how traumatizing to read that in a paper if you loved Jessica! Heck, it made me sick to my stomach even though I don't know Jessica personally AND I don't believe most of it.
I personally don't buy into the "purposeful leak by the PD" theory. Why would they do that? They have been very forthcoming with the information they feel the public should or needs to know. Why would they float false info? I don't think "making the perp sweat" is a valid reason a PD would use to give out false info. Also, it would make the PD look "weak" in the perps eyes if they give out info the perp knows is untrue. (or hide behind "sources" to give out true info in a newspaper article).
I personally believe that IF the PD wanted to release info to make the "perp sweat" they would do it at a press conference where they are in control of the info and how it is released; from a position of strength, not some false story in a newspaper.
I hope they investigate the writer and "sources" of this story eventually, and prosecute them if there are chargeable circumstances but I hope they put that off for now and are not derailed from focusing on Jessica's case until it is solved.

Now that everyone's moved on, I'm finally caught up for a minute.

I think you are right.....and even LE didnt say which 40% was correct. So if 40% is correct it shows the reporters do have an inside source.
<SNIP>
I had thoughts on the 60% that might be erroneous and/or bad information. 1.I really doubt that they went through 4 months of tapes looking for a sale of garbage bags. Even if the date wasn't completely clear, receipts are numbered and could be narrowed down much closer than that. The only reason I could think of to do it was if they found the guy on video right away and searched past tapes to see if he was a regular there.
2. I don't believe the remains were found ON garbage bags, It's been explained too thoroughly how they were found for that to be true. I would expect the remains to be at least double bagged though, to make sure the bag didn't break when transporting it.
3. I don't believe LE told anyone there where they found the receipts. I wouldn't doubt if they never even talked to the girl in the video. She talked about the cashier who checked him out in the 3rd person.
4. The receipts may not have been found when and where it was said.
5. It's possible that something other than just her socks was missing.
6. It's been too long since I read it (and watched the video) so I can't remember what else.

I did want to answer something someone else asked about it too. Releasing this information may not endanger the public in general, but I would think it could put the cashier who checked him out at risk. If it actually is his receipt, he'd probably remember her better than she remembers him, and he might not want to take any chances.

Could it be that the remains were double or triple bagged? JMO
I would be surprised if they weren't, or else they're some extremely heavy duty bags.

There was another address in the scanner transcription where the dogs had a hit that was much closer. Could that address be connected?
It seems like that one was at, or near, the corner by the park.

I just found this article from this morning, can any local tell us where this localtion is in regards to the JR areas. I do not want to speculate to much, but could the reports from last night have caused the prep freak out and commit suicide? It just seemed like a strange place for this man to choose to kill himself; a park, next to a school, with a trail that the kids use when walking to and from school. Here is the link to the article, please let me know what is this location in relation to JR, and if this is not allowed mods please remove. TIA.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...brucker-park-near-mt-carbon-elementary-school
One can only hope. I don't see him as being the type to commit suicide unless he's actually cornered though. I'd think it would be more likely that he'd be found murdered somewhere because someone figured out who he was.

Just something I ran across while checking out sex offenders.....One in particular with Hispanic surname was listed as "white" on the write up. Made me wonder......

This topic often turns into a lengthy debate so just to summarize, many government agencies qualify race as
Black
White (Hispanic)
White (non Hispanic)
Asian or Pacific Islander
Native or Indigenous North American

This is because the original hispanic race refers to the Caucasian immigrants from Spain and Portugal. Yes, many "Hispanic" people in America have native central/ south American blood, as well as African, and use terms like "mestizo" or "Latino" and do not identify with "hispanic" because they feel the term hispanic does not represent the reality of their race. It is a very complex issue for many of us and there are strong feelings about it. But long story short, all types of Spanish speaking people in the Americas are classified by many government agencies as "White (Hispanic)".

I have nothing to base this on, other than gut feeling. I think the guy who did this did it alone, is caucasian and is under the age of 50. I also think he lives either in Westminster or North / Northwest Arvada. I also think he has a relatively clean criminal record, although maybe some juvenile offenses of animal abuse.

I am really angry about the "news" article released last night! How irresponsible!
IF ANY of it is true, why on earth would any reputable news agency release information that could put the search for Jessica's killer in jeopardy??
I call BS on most of what was in it, for reasons that have mostly been stated by others already but even if it is untrue, what an irresponsible and sick thing to do! They are messing with a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION! Not to mention all who love Jessica and are reading these horrible "details" in a newspaper. Again, even if they all end up being untrue, how traumatizing to read that in a paper if you loved Jessica! Heck, it made me sick to my stomach even though I don't know Jessica personally AND I don't believe most of it.
I personally don't buy into the "purposeful leak by the PD" theory. Why would they do that? They have been very forthcoming with the information they feel the public should or needs to know. Why would they float false info? I don't think "making the perp sweat" is a valid reason a PD would use to give out false info. Also, it would make the PD look "weak" in the perps eyes if they give out info the perp knows is untrue. (or hide behind "sources" to give out true info in a newspaper article).
I personally believe that IF the PD wanted to release info to make the "perp sweat" they would do it at a press conference where they are in control of the info and how it is released; from a position of strength, not some false story in a newspaper.
I hope they investigate the writer and "sources" of this story eventually, and prosecute them if there are chargeable circumstances but I hope they put that off for now and are not derailed from focusing on Jessica's case until it is solved.

Exactly! If it was "purposeful leak" by police, they would not have released a statement today stating that 60% of the content was erroneous and incorrect.

From Twitter - HLN is reporting the cross was found AT one of the scenes, though the don't say which scene.

Also, regarding these receipts, I'm sure this has been said already, but (1) there are conflicting reports of where the receipts were found, (2) it was EXTREMELY windy where her body was found just about 24-48 hours later, so probably lots of stuff blew around, and (3) it's FALL...people buy garbage bags.

So, I'm highly skeptical about the receipts but if they were linked, it would be great to have surveillance video!

I have nothing to base this on, other than gut feeling. I think the guy who did this did it alone, is caucasian and is under the age of 50. I also think he lives either in Westminster or North / Northwest Arvada. I also think he has a relatively clean criminal record, although maybe some juvenile offenses of animal abuse.

My gut feeling is similar. A white or possibly Americanized Latino (meaning English speaking and not first generation), under 50, the type that once he is arrested some people, former neighbors and coworkers, maybe, will come forth and say "yeah, he did seem a little strange", but otherwise somewhat blends in. Has lived in the area for some time. Not in a steady romantic relationship. Just my gut feeling, I have been wrong before.

My gut feeling is a white male, not hispanic or asian light skinned. But a white male in his 30's.

Stuff I hate writing: I also wonder if he is a hunter. You can fill in the line of reasoning.

(And, of course, this is not a statement or condemnation of hunting in any way.)

Bumping from a previous thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmagent
I went looking for unsolved cases in Colarado and found this link an interesting read. Plus an answer.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...nt.html?pg=all
Quote:
Cases in West

Number of children murdered from 1980-2008 and percentage of unsolved cases.

Colorado &#8212; 696, 11.4%

Idaho &#8212; 139, 7.2%

Nevada &#8212; 394, 20.6%

Utah &#8212; 287, 9.4%

Wyoming &#8212; 79, 5.1%

These numbers of children murdered from 1980-2008 and percentage of unsolved cases give new meaning to the standard response by PIOs, "I am sorry, I can't release that info due to the integrity of the investigation, imo".. Predators are extremely recidivist.. When a predator's DNA is not in the CODIS database, they are very difficult to apprehend without the public's help...
Silence and misinformation by investigators via MS Media only causes innocent victim's lives and mounting cold cases...imo..

(snipped-BBM)

Slightly more than one unsolved homicide of a child occurred each day during this period, according to Scripps Howard News Service's first-of-its-kind analysis of crime files provided by the FBI and local police departments.

"Too many are going unsolved," said LaWanda Hawkins of San Pedro, Calif. She founded the advocacy group Justice for Murdered Children following the 1995 killing of her son Reginald.

"We've found that when much time goes by without the case being solved, the killers often go on and kill again," she said. "We have to realize the mistakes that we've made &#8212; all of us, police, parents, everybody. We have to stop the silence that surrounds this problem."

"The real question is: Why aren't the solution rates even higher than this?" asked Charles Wellford, a criminologist at the University of Maryland and an expert in homicide clearance..

But crime experts warn that statistics about child homicides and how often such cases are solved are imperfect. Participation in the FBI's Supplementary Homicide Report program is entirely voluntary. Many police departments decline to report how many cases they've solved or how many cases involved juvenile victims.

The thing about keeping her socks was in the KDVR article from last night that LE said was 60% wrong, I will find the link:

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

So take it for what it is worth, but in keeping with the theory that I proposed earlier about it being a controlled "leak" from LE in order to draw out the killer, IMHO it could be accurate. As to why this sick ******er would keep her socks, I do not know and I do not even want to speculate about it because it makes my stomach churn.

Here is that part.

Snipped from article:

Fox 31 Denver has learned new details about the Ridgeway murder investigation showing investigators are making progress in finding her killer.

In the days after she vanished, investigators asked the public to stop looking at what the 10-year-old girl was wearing when she vanished, and pay more particular attention to her facial features.

“She has a gap in-between her front teeth,” said Westminster police investigator Trevor Materasso.

Sources say the reason police asked the public to change their focus is because when they found Ridgeway’s book bag after her disappearance, her clothes were inside. A source said only her socks were missing.

I think I remember them finding a pair of socks somewhere.I'm not sure if or where I read it or what it said.If it was in the scanner section I'm sorry.But I don't remember what it said.

A cross recovered during the Jessica Ridgeway investigation could become a pivotal piece of evidence that helps authorities identify and locate Jessica’s killer. In an ongoing attempt to identify the predator responsible for the abduction and murder of Jessica Ridgeway, police are asking the public to look at several pictures to see if these will help lead police to the killer.

Police recovered a wooden cross that is approximately 1 ½ inches tall by 1 inch wide. The cross has a hole drilled through the upper part and appears that it can be or was worn on a necklace. On one side of the cross are three vertical bars etched onto the shorter horizontal section and a zig-zag pattern is carved onto the opposite side. The cross appears to be a solid piece of wood and the upper post portion is offset from the lower post below the short horizontal section.

Authorities are looking for someone who may carry or wear this type of cross, may have recently purchased one of these, or is known to have some association with one. Police are also looking for a local business that may sell these specific crosses. Police believe there may be a connection between the Jessica Ridgeway murder and the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake, and urge the public to specifically look for someone with a cross like this that matches the suspect’s description from Ketner Lake.

• Light skinned male
• 18-35 (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
• Brown hair
• Medium build
• 5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

Police are asking the community to look through the pictures and call our tip line or send us an email with information that may identify the killer or where he may have got the cross from. Tip line: 303-658-4336 email: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us

Any questions regarding this press release or for an interview please contact Investigator Trevor Materasso at 303-658-4427 or through email at: tmateras@cityofwestminster.us

Hello: anyone available to listen for about 5 minutes downstairs?

ETA: Cancel: thanks

I was starting to get the feeling he was mexican or something.

Its very possible!
My thinking is a skinny scrawny white dude. With no life, I think he is very young and has a bad *advertiser censored* habit! He lives home with mom and dad. Probably borrowed their car to do this. all JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl