CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember them finding a pair of socks somewhere.I'm not sure if or where I read it or what it said.If it was in the scanner section I'm sorry.But I don't remember what it said.

I could swear I read the same thing. I thought it was near where her body was found.

Its very possible!
My thinking is a skinny scrawny white dude. With no life, I think he is very young and has a bad *advertiser censored* habit! He lives home with mom and dad. Probably borrowed their car to do this. all JMO

Again, this sounds like we all think it was sexually motivated. I don't think we know that, do we? All we know is murdered and dismembered...right?

Again, this sounds like we all think it was sexually motivated. I don't think we know that, do we? All we know is murdered and dismembered...right?

Well her parents didnt do it so sex would be the only reason someone would take a child JMO

This reminds me of summer thompson!

We don't even 'officially' know dismembered, but it does seem likely. (Oh god, please, not to start the 'what does 'not intact' mean' debate again.)

As for socks, no, that rings no bells till the FOX article. You guys can use the "Search This Thread" function on any of the Jessica or Scanner threads to check, though.

I could swear I read the same thing. I thought it was near where her body was found.

I thought I remembered socks found in Chelsea park? and a barbie doll ?Tape?was found too.So I'm a little confused LOL.I am sorry.

Just an honest question, because I don't know, but how many cases of females that are abducted and murdered by strangers are NOT sexually motivated?
It seems to me that the overwhelming majority ARE sexually motivated, but I could be wrong.

Just an honest question, because I don't know, but how many cases of females that are abducted and murdered by strangers are NOT sexually motivated?
It seems to me that the overwhelming majority ARE sexually motivated, but I could be wrong.

The reason I think it is sexually motivated is because most child predators abduct children for that very reason.

I have no idea. It's a good question maybe one of the more experienced sleuths here could answer. And, I'm not saying it wasn't sexually motivated, but we don't know for sure, I don't think.

Plus, what really bugs me is that the DNA links Jessica's case to the woman at Ketner Lake, or so it seems(?). So, it's not necessarily a child predator.

I thought I remembered socks found in Chelsea park? and a barbie doll ?Tape?was found too.So I'm a little confused LOL.I am sorry.

Why?
When the backpack was found her socks were missing!
They could have been found later! If the socks found were hers!

I was starting to get the feeling he was mexican or something.

In a recent article on the attempted abduction of the woman going to the bar, it stated that the man that attacked the female jogger at Ketner Lake was Hispanic.

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia reported Sunday night that the case bears some similarities to an attempted abduction case five months ago near Ketner Lake in Westminster.
In that case, a Hispanic male, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 8 inches tall. He also attempted to use a rag with chemicals on it to subdue a woman.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

If we believe that statement, then since that attack and Jessica’s killer’s DNA have been matched (according to other reports) the monster is Hispanic even though he was originally said to be white and then light skinned.

Exclusive: DNA from Jessica Ridgeway suspect linked to unsolved attack, sources say
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

Well her parents didnt do it so sex would be the only reason someone would take a child JMO

This reminds me of summer thompson!

Child Sex Offenders

Their motives vary. For some offenders, it's about control; for others, an opportunity was simply present; while quite a few develop a sexual deviance that compels them to seek a specific type of victim. Sex offenders with adult victims generally have one of three motives — anger, power and sadism — but child sex offenders present four basic types:

Regressed — usually a one-time offender who feels inadequate
Naïve — an offender who does view their act in terms of right and wrong
Fixated — offenders stuck in adolescence who claim to "love" children
Mysopeds — offenders who seek to hurt someone

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/sexual_assault/child_sex_offenders/1_index.html

Michelle & Melissa Urbin

We're most concerned with the latter two, because they account for most of the offenders who repeat their acts and who case the most harm. When their sentences are short, they simply continue where they left off. In Michigan, for example, Leslie Allen Williams served just seven years of a 25-year sentence, according to the Michigan Daily. In 1991, after he was free, he kidnapped Michelle and Melissa Urbin, 14 and 16, from their neighborhood, and raped and killed them. Later that fall, he raped and murdered two more girls and abducted another. He was finally stopped with five life sentences. Had the legal system required him to serve his original sentence, Williams' victims would still be alive.

Someone that posts here apparently checked the metadata on one of the photos and reported that the photo was apparently taken on October 11. That led to the assumption that the cross was found near the remains.

The grocery store receipts... OMG, this new info personally blew me away!!!

In our discussions of why perp would dismember the body, my mind went to all the "usual" reasons, of course.

Given that the last thing perp wants to happen is to be stopped by LE w/the body in his car, I came up w/this scenario: Dismember body and, perhaps, place in deep freezer; on day of disposal, go to grocery store and buy couple of bags of groceries making sure to keep receipt(s); place body parts in garbage bags and place in bottom of the new grocery bags and cover w/groceries; keep store receipt(s) handy.

Gads... is this a possibility?!?

I have no idea. It's a good question maybe one of the more experienced sleuths here could answer. And, I'm not saying it wasn't sexually motivated, but we don't know for sure, I don't think.

Plus, what really bugs me is that the DNA links Jessica's case to the woman at Ketner Lake, or so it seems(?). So, it's not necessarily a child predator.

Key findings:
In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.

The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/ChildAbductionResearch.aspx

Someone that posts here apparently checked the metadata on one of the photos and reported that the photo was apparently taken on October 11. That led to the assumption that the cross was found near the remains.

Actually, the conversation above was about the socks, not the cross.

I think the cross was found near remains. HLN is reporting that (though I don't know how credible that is).

Stuff I hate writing: I also wonder if he is a hunter. You can fill in the line of reasoning.

(And, of course, this is not a statement or condemnation of hunting in any way.)

Understood. With that said I did ask hubby without my help and you had a 90 doe in the woods w/your 4" knife how long would it take you to skin and quarter it to fit in lawn leaf bag... he said 45 minutes max. If you know what you are doing it does not take long. And there really isn't that much blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810